Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 07-30-2008, 06:40 AM   #1
thekorupt

need advice... kratom/salvia/other

Hey

I have some chronic pain issues.. I am looking for something with some of the pain relieving properties of weed, but legal. I need some relief, but I need it legally, and pain meds aren't helping.

I have had suggestions for everything from salvia, to kratom, to zohai... I am open to anything.

Kratom looked interesting because of its analgesic properties. Other than that, a nice solid high would be nice.

I am just looking for suggestions.. Alternative herbs is new to me and I don't know where to start. My budget is limited.

Thanks so much!
-Suzanne
thekorupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:51 AM   #2
viscus

You could move to CA and get a medicinal marijuana card...

I'm sorry, that isn't very helpful.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:07 AM   #3
Geoluhread

Can you be more specific where the pain is?
Mom is an expert in alternative-natural medicine, i'll ask her for you =D
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:40 AM   #4
thekorupt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread
Can you be more specific where the pain is?
Mom is an expert in alternative-natural medicine, i'll ask her for you =D
I have very severe fibromyalgia. Its more of an all-over thing....

I will say this though... my back is the worse, followed by my legs and feet. I have the most unreal muscle cramps and spasms in my legs... and my back jus hurts all the time.

Thanks so much, I look forward to hearing what your mom says.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:40 AM   #5
Geoluhread

Imagine my situation, my first language is arabic, mom's russian, and i'm trying to translate into english... Lol...

Anyway... Mom said to use "mustard oil", like oil your skin where your muscles hurt... There's another thing... It's a medication but based on herbal stuff... I don't know if you can get it where you live, it's called "songa night", an extract of valerian root and melissa leaves, it's used mainly when having trouble going to sleep, but smaller dosage can relax muscles and calm nerves...
That's all i got...
Hope i helped and tell me what happens with you...
Hope you'll feel better =>
Old 07-30-2008, 11:02 AM   #6
thekorupt

hehehe... thank you so much for your effort! I can't imagine breaching a 3 language barrier. :-) I appreciate it.

Mustard oil... I will look for that. Songa night, I havent seen that (but that doesnt mean anything). I know I can get valarian and mellissa.... I will look for it.

Thanks much :-)
Old 07-30-2008, 11:19 AM   #7
Geoluhread

What trouble?
You just focus on getting better =D
Old 07-30-2008, 07:48 PM   #8
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekorupt
Hey

I have had suggestions for everything from salvia, to kratom, to zohai... I am open to anything.
Do NOT take Salvia for pain. Unless of course, you want to be completely tripped out of your mind. Salvia = halucinogen. Plus, Salvia only lasts for 20 minutes tops.

They prescribe weed for a reason. Just buy some good old fashioned BC bud and it'll be all good.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:07 PM   #9
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus
You could move to CA and get a medicinal marijuana card...

I'm sorry, that isn't very helpful.
That's great advise. In fact, I think simply moving out of Alabama would be a huge improvement to his life anyway.
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:55 PM   #10
Jaye Jang

TK,

There is a type of linament bubble bath. (Sounds gruesome, but it works). Will have to see what the name is. Comes from Germany. You can get it at most organic stores. I will look it up for you. Bought some for a friend of my with costochondritis (due to a rib injury) and also gave some to my friend with fibro. Really helps. Will get back to you.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:59 PM   #11
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread
Imagine my situation, my first language is arabic, mom's russian, and i'm trying to translate into english... Lol...

Anyway... Mom said to use "mustard oil", like oil your skin where your muscles hurt... There's another thing... It's a medication but based on herbal stuff... I don't know if you can get it where you live, it's called "songa night", an extract of valerian root and melissa leaves, it's used mainly when having trouble going to sleep, but smaller dosage can relax muscles and calm nerves...
That's all i got...
Hope i helped and tell me what happens with you...
Hope you'll feel better =>
You are officially in my good graces. Take that as you will.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:24 PM   #12
Jaye Jang

Dear TK,

Okay. Could not find the German stuff. Closest I could come was something called Eos of California. They make a linament bubble bath of arnica and eucalyptus. It cost's 7.99. You can find it on a site called House of Nutrition. Also found a web site called World Movers, which is an online support group for people with fibromyalgia. Have a better day.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:47 AM   #13
thekorupt

Breathless Horror:

Yeah I looked around and did some research and found that out. I can't really smoke weed because my husband is on probation, and if he were to be found in the proximity of weed, his probation officer would send him to jail for a very long time. As I said, weed isn't an option.

viscus:
Moving isn't a financial option. I wouldn't g to CA anyway, but Arizona has seriously been discussed. The problem is this.. I like it here, I own a house (not am payingfor a house, I own it free and clear) and its my dream house. I have no desire to move. But thanks... believe it or not, your idea has been seriously debated.

Joker In The Pack:
Too bad your too stupid to notice my name. I am a female.

And you have probably not been to Alabama to even have a clue of what you speak, so I will forgive your sheer ignorance, and think about you when I am laying on the beach in perfect 75 degree weather. On Christmas Day. Happy snow shovelling.

Jaye:
As always, you are lovely.

I shall look that up, There is a local health food store that carries some amazing stuff. I will go look on payday. If they don't have that, I will order it. I have never tried arnica, but have been told its amazing by some friends with fibro. I know the eucalyptus will feel great.

As for the support group... I am a member of an online support group with some 1,700 members. I love my friends that I have made there, and they are an amazing source of info.... but damn, support groups can drain you! I don't think I can handle anymore....loL! but thanks so much :-)
Old 08-08-2008, 12:01 AM   #14
kikrox

salvia ! all the way. orzz maybe some advils ??
kikrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:28 AM   #15
Splintered

If you're taking something like Vicodin, see if you can get your doctor to prescribe you Morphine. I know it's not an "alternative herb", but to my knowledge it has an extremely high success rate for relieving severe pain. The only other thing I know that relieves severe pain is Oxycodone (Which is in Percocet and OxyContin).

I don't see a reason why a doctor wouldn't give you something like that for your pain. Then again, they may have a reason why not (Allergies, conflicts with something your taking, etc), so I'd check first.

Oh, and consult a doctor before you do anything. It's usually a good idea to make sure you won't have any conflicts between whatever medicine your taking.

Otherwise, I've got nothing.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:07 PM   #16
vann

kratom and kava kava for fibromyalgia

I have suffered from fibro and CFS for 7 years with little relief from any drug TWO WEEKS AGO I started taking kratom to help get off 80g to 120g per day of oxy and it work very well and to my surprise if I take 1 g every 4 to 6 I am almost pain free the CFS HAS GONE this herb has saved my life
vann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:25 PM   #17
Jaye Jang

Vann, be very careful with the kratom. I typed a report last week on a person who combined that with alcohol. Apparently, that's the equivalent of combining alcohol and antidepressants. He almost wound up on a respirator.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:03 AM   #18
jack_the_knife

I wouldn't recommend Salvia. It doesn't work for pain, It only gives you surreal hallucinogenic experiences, I've had some good, some bad experiences with it. You might want to try muscle relaxants, apparently Cyclobenzaprine works.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:06 AM   #19
Mealla

I've got a friend with chronic pain issues, but she seems to think it's some kind of arthritis in her case. Might suggest a few things people have discussed on here to her. Unfortunately, her dad is her doctor in her case, so that complicates things a bit for her sometimes. But if the prescription pain meds aren't helping, I'd at least try talking to your doctor (if you haven't already) about changing pain meds and/or what over-the-counter medicines you could possibly supplement it with.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:59 AM   #20
Slap Your Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless Horror
Do NOT take Salvia for pain. Unless of course, you want to be completely tripped out of your mind. Salvia = halucinogen. Plus, Salvia only lasts for 20 minutes tops.

They prescribe weed for a reason. Just buy some good old fashioned BC bud and it'll be all good.
I second this COMPLETELY. Not salvia. At all. It will fuck you up. My friend took it and thought there were bombs going off in his room.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:09 AM   #21
jack_the_knife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Your Love
I second this COMPLETELY. Not salvia. At all. It will fuck you up. My friend took it and thought there were bombs going off in his room.
I thought I was Eddie Murphy : / and a friend of mine thought his was zipper on a jacket.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:12 PM   #22
Slap Your Love

That would've been great to watch lol. ^
Old 10-23-2008, 12:02 AM   #23
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Hehehehe. A friend told me of a guy who thought he was a tree. For a thousand years. He was apparently bored for the first couple hundred, and then he started liking it. Then they built a house beside him, so he started talking to the house.

A thousand fucking years. In half an hour.

I'm kind of interested in trying salvia, but I've heard that it doesn't mix well with an unstable mental state, which is still a bit of a problem for me (though much better than it used to be, thank goodness).
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote