Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-17-2009, 06:13 PM   #1
Anarasha

Yes, this is another one of those random rants. WARNING! :P

Yes, as the title implies, it is time for yet another rant. It's almost 3 in the morning, and I felt like it was time I contributed with a thread to this amazingly awesome forum.
So what am I going to rant about you ask? (I know you didn't, but that doesn't prevent me from telling you anyway )
Random violence in this world.
I know, there might not be much juice on this, but I need to get it off my chest.
If you disagree with pacifistic yet angry oppinions driven by a sense of helplessnes, this is your queue to leave this thread.
First off, I think it's important to notice, my sense of humour does involve dark and morbid factors of deliciously witty fun. And I don't mind TV violence either, at times, even I can put on something Die Hardish and crunch some popcorn and drink some sort of soda, mostly coke, though I'm more likely to put on The Phantom of the Opera.
But what this topic is really gonna be about is the random violence of the real world.
(To all you who skims the text, this is where my rant actually gets to the point)
When I occasionally turn on the TV to watch the news, I almost always see some new person viciously murdered. Mostly stabbings and shootings, but occasionally, some poor kid, often younger than even me, has been beaten to death by either fists, bats or other blunt objects.
I am wondering, what on earth is going through the heads of these violent criminals? Most of them are kids as well, some of them haven't even hit 25 yet, their lives are just about to peak, and then they decide to throw it all away? Not only this, but what about the families and friends of the victim? How does that not affect them?
Perhaps I am ranting because I am a pacifist in most aspects of the word, or because my life is deprived of all action so I will have to live vicariously through the lives and deaths of others, but my questions sounds loud and clear, mostly falling on deaf ears, and they are "why?" and "how?".
And I have been told, Denmark is peaceful compared to, say, America or England. What could possibly drive a kid or youngster so far out that they would kill another human being?
Some do drugs, others are crazed by the excitement, danger and action it must provide to them, but still, I cannot in any sense relate to it.
These murders and acts of violence are commited without purpose or cause.
I will admit to having had thoughts like "It would have been exciting to be a resistance member during WWII." and thoughts like that, but never would I commit acts of random violence.
How? Why?
I really cannot grasp this. I could never hurt another human being like that, rob a life.
I think the only time I would ever hurt anyone would be to protect a loved one or myself.
Here is your chance to share your thoughts on this.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:59 PM   #2
Mr E Nigma

Redirect to Rant Thread II... (Kind of thought posting rants there would be obvious, but I guess sometimes people don't put 2 and 2 together)
Old 04-18-2009, 08:08 AM   #3
Anarasha

Well thank you for being so polite, kind sir. I am most certainly gonna remember your kind and non-judgemental advice from here to eternity, and of course, I will grovel and sacrifice my blood while screaming that I am "new" in here, and did not know of this thread, and oh great moderator, I will forever love you.
Or something like that...
Old 04-19-2009, 12:57 PM   #4
the-nihilist

Why? He kind of insulted your intelligence there.
the-nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:07 PM   #5
Anarasha

I was being heavily ironic :P Mr E Nigma is a prick, easy as that :P

Last edited by Anarasha; 04-19-2009 at 01:10 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-19-2009, 01:34 PM   #6
gothicusmaximus

If I may divert the discussion somewhat from this large, soft Goth's railing against mos maiorum, I would like to inquire as to the meaning of this symbol ":P", which I have yet to encounter in my formal studies of your barbarian dialect.
I note it seems to accompany statements of marked foolishness or vapidity, is it some form of abbreviated apology for ignorance?
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:37 PM   #7
JCC

When looked at from a 275 degree angle, it resembles a man with a moustache and a bulbous growth directly underneath it. Perhaps this particular barbarian has a skin infection that he feels the need to notify people of.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:02 AM   #8
Anarasha

I will pretend that you did not just try to insult my intelligence. In fact, I will chose to ignore every single bit of your post except the question about ":P".
It is, in fact, a smiley having fun. Or at the least, it is used like that. In true fact, it is supposed to resemble a smiley sticking it's tongue out for whatever reason.
I hope this satisfies your horny search for information with which to attempt to insult more young people.