Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 02-03-2007, 04:08 PM   #1
Heatherzilla

Decorate my jeans.

I have an old pair of jeans in need of some love. I don't really know what I should do to them, I have a vague idea of using some fabric paint and stencils but apart from that I'm stuck for ideas. Soo help?
Heatherzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 06:30 PM   #2
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I used pen and marked on mine personally. I just really random things and draw random things. I use all sorts of colors and stuff. I also tore the knees in the jeans and put safety pins on my belt loops. That's what I have done to two pairs of my jeans and they look pretty cool.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:59 PM   #3
BlackButterfly

Shoooot--where do I start?

song lyrics/poetry--(best done with paint markers or a fine-point applicator) a good way to fill in areas with an interesting textural appearance. Pick a good one (or a few), section off a spot, and get to writing! Using different colors is fun, but beware of loudness.

sponge stamping--buy some cheap cleaning sponges from the dollar store, wet them, and press them as flat as can be pressed (use a couple of books) and let them dry out. Draw shapes on them with a Sharpie and cut them out, then re-wet the sponges so they can re-inflate, and you have instant paint stamps!

Hmmm... what else? Safety pins, zippers, eyelets/grommets (although they may require extra equipment), spikes, studs, rhinestones (although I HATE those sometimes), patches, ribbons, lace, chains (they're not just for bondage anymore!!), buttons (and if someone doesn't stop me I may develop this post into a novel...), beads, embroidery, webbing, reflective tape, rips/tears, spray paint, nail polish, and other things I haven't even thought of yet!
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:02 AM   #4
Minyaliel

I usually embroider my pants (that is, using needle and thread instead of the fabric paint mess) and glue on whatever funny things I find around my room. The last time I made a pair they started looking a lot like something out of 1968 from the flowerpower movement. *laughs* Also, using glue (or a sewing machine) to put lace and silks and that kind of thing on them usually looks great.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:48 PM   #5
Heatherzilla

I will post pics later but I finished my jeans. I used stencils and black, red and this silvery-white fabric paint. They look pretty cool and now I'm determined to alter some more of the things in my wardrobe and make them more me.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:51 PM   #6
OCD Insomnia

hmmm well i personally like making slits in the knees and upper tighs on the back. it adds a nice toutch and makes it alot cooler during summer. This also helps if the pants are too short.
OCD Insomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:40 PM   #7
the_ink_bleeds_faster

Ah, sometimes sewing comes inhandy!

You could sew some things onto them, and just like all the things BlackButterfly suggested. Yes, a lot of those. What I've done to a pair of pants is cut off the back pockets and made my own. It was rather nice really, though I slightly messed up cutting one of them so they weren't really equal, but it works.

Some other things are putting lace up the sides of the pantlegs, maybe you'll like that?
Old 02-06-2007, 01:32 AM   #8
Heatherzilla

Oh I love lace. I have to do all these things when I have money again. sigh. I need to get a job.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:23 AM   #9
Lucretia_my_Reflection

what are you into are you into cyber or elegance ?
Lucretia_my_Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:06 PM   #10
Heatherzilla

I love both. It's weird because they're both so different.