Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 06:58 PM   #18076
honeythorn

I wish I was young enough for a young persons railcard! I think I may be a tad too old to get a discount though :P
Old 12-26-2007, 07:02 PM   #18077
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...g/DSC07609.jpg
Had to get someone to help me put on the corset and those gloves, as my hands were too stiff to function.
Beautiful Delkaetre, most beautiful, in the Gothic fashion!

And Miss Honeythorn: I agree with Meth about your lovely curves!

Old 12-26-2007, 07:04 PM   #18078
Stormtrooper of Death

All of these sexy English women make me want to move to England. I will be there soon everybody. If a punk about 18 years old turns up, don't be suprised.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:11 PM   #18079
honeythorn

Well should you still be foolish enough to visit Birmingham I shall make sure to point you in the direction of the Oasis for your beloved studs And also the direction of the Emo creche and say " kill! "
Old 12-26-2007, 07:13 PM   #18080
Stormtrooper of Death

I plan on going to Birmingham, so be ready, punks unite and emos shall get a big boot on their face! Thanks honeythorn!
Old 12-26-2007, 07:18 PM   #18081
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
All of these sexy English women make me want to move to England. I will be there soon everybody. If a punk about 18 years old turns up, don't be suprised.
Me too! Except I am 51. And Goth not punk. And will have a wife in tow.
But someday I will visit and pay homage to England, and perhaps even to Birmingham! God save the Queen!

Old 12-26-2007, 07:19 PM   #18082
Methadrine

Yes, one trip to England planned next year.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:26 PM   #18083
Delkaetre

You should all swoop down on Colchester. We shall see to it that you are adequately fed and watered, though some of you may have to share rooms. We have two sofas (very comfy) and a spare mattress, but no guest room. So you may have to sleep in the living room, and I'm sure I can find space for one on the floor of my room. J's room is ideal for guests, but he's antisocial and wouldn't share.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 12-26-2007, 07:29 PM   #18084
Stormtrooper of Death

Eventually, I'm getting my degree and moving to England. Living in squats, playing gigs, producing music, and going to gigs. Ahhhhh, that is going to be sweet. Delkaetre, I'm holding you to your word.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:37 PM   #18085
KontanKarite

A party in England? Fuck yeah.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:14 PM   #18086
Delkaetre

We cannot house you forever, Stormtrooper. No longer than anyone else. You may find a place with L&B, as they seem to have a pretty open policy on guests.
But yes. Party in England. Kontan, bring your raygun.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 12-26-2007, 09:42 PM   #18087
maggot

Go to the Dial House. :B
Old 12-27-2007, 01:36 AM   #18088
CptSternn

Were the bhoys from south of the border,

feck the queen and the orange order

*Had to be said.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:40 AM   #18089
honeythorn

I squeeze remarkably well into small spaces so I'm sure you could fit me in behind the sofa? Or under the coffee table? I have been known to fall asleep under my bed as well so sleeping under things is no problem

Ooooh party!
Old 12-27-2007, 08:29 AM   #18090
ForgetThisLostLenore

I'm quite small, and would be willing to be shoved into a closet if need be. Problem is, there is no way I'd be able to make it to England, and I'm 15.... I want to see England! My boyfriend and I are going to at least visit some day, if not live there.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:42 AM   #18091
Delkaetre

Honeythorn, you may visit any time- you are only a few hours away, after all! Trains are not so bad, they are much better than travelling by coach.
Lenore, do come and see the UK some time- there are many good B&Bs, and we have some beautiful historical sites. I can't offer you space, I'm afraid, as much alcohol would be consumed and I would not wish to be responsible for something happening to a minor.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:45 AM   #18092
ForgetThisLostLenore

I quite understand...I would love to go see it when I'm older though. The most historical site here is the Alamo.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:54 AM   #18093
Delkaetre

Still a pretty cool thing to have. Turned up in Preacher, inspiration for tons of novels, screenplays, etc.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:57 AM   #18094
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre
Honeythorn, you may visit any time- you are only a few hours away, after all! Trains are not so bad, they are much better than travelling by coach.
Lenore, do come and see the UK some time- there are many good B&Bs, and we have some beautiful historical sites. I can't offer you space, I'm afraid, as much alcohol would be consumed and I would not wish to be responsible for something happening to a minor.
...Doesn't Europe have a consistantly "low" drinking age? I thought it was 16, or is that just continental Europe, as I know Spain and France share that age.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Old 12-27-2007, 09:02 AM   #18095
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless Horror
...Doesn't Europe have a consistantly "low" drinking age? I thought it was 16, or is that just continental Europe, as I know Spain and France share that age.
Around here you have to be 18 to drink, and 21 to be able to buy at a liquorstore.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:15 AM   #18096
Delkaetre

You must be 18 to buy and drink alcohol in the UK. The exception is that at a restaurant, a young person aged sixteen or above may have a drink if his/her parents/guardians permit it.
Continental Europe, particularly the Mediterranean bits of it, seems to be more relaxed, and I'm led to believe that it's quite common for children to drink watered wine at the dinner table in France.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:33 AM   #18097
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Do they have any American military bases in England I can get stationed at? Otherwise I can just request to be stationed in Germany and drive over to England like my dad did back in the early 80s.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 12-27-2007, 09:39 AM   #18098
Delkaetre

There's an American one out on the Yorkshire moors, near the Hole of Horkum (no, really). But that's kind of out of the way, and only good if you want to take a daytrip to Whitby or York, as everything is too far away to be feasible as the roads are narrow and not very straight.
Not sure where else there are any.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:43 AM   #18099
Renatus

Well I think it would be more convenient to go there than to end up having to drive all the way from Germany.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 12-27-2007, 09:52 AM   #18100
Renatus

Also a talent for driving on narrow roads probobly runs in my half Columbian blood due to the fact that if my ancestors weren't able to do so they would probobly perish when trying to navigate the mountainous narrow roadways of Columbia.

Closed Thread