Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 12-03-2006, 05:12 AM   #1
Rizash

Why do people hate me?

All my life it seems everywhere I go people dislike me.... I've never done anything to harm another person, I respect people to the point of having to go out of my own way just to let them have their way, and I've never broken any laws (other than speeding, and fireworks of course). Yet everywhere I go people judge me... people disrespect me, they pick at every word I say and dont concider the fact I may be kidding.... Even in these gothic forums people now seem to avoid me and I cant stand rejection agian. I've done everything I'm capable of doing in my life to try to make friends and not piss anybody off yet I end up alone, depressed and wronged by so many people who dont even try to understand me. No matter how much I reach out to people I find myself across some vast ocean of uneasy hatred. The more isolated I become the more I hurt... the more I crawl back into my hole of a barely existing self trust and self determination to believe that there are people out there who can accept. I'm sick of being ignored, rejected, judged, and bashed for words that just dont come out right... . If you guys cant understand me then I guess I should just say screw trying to be understood.... But thats not me... thats not the REAL me that actually has something to say... the strong, confident version of me that I've never allowed to be seen by the real world for fear of being rejected. All I've wanted my entire life was to find friends that I could actuall express myself around... and even here... it seems they do not exist.... I've tried to do everything I could to make friends here yet my strange ways of conversing my feelings seems to have confused many of you into hating me. Well whatever... I say most of you need to practice what you preach because you've hurt me far more than you can ever know by judging/rejecting me.... I've checked these forums every day since I first signed up... probably 3 times a day... and now that might end just because people cant take a joke and cant understand what I'm TRYING to say not just what is actually typed.... At any rate I dont need people here hating/rejecting me over my being hard to understand.... I get enough of that in real life. I ask... who here is actually willing to try to get to know me... not just judge me? And how many of you already have such a strong opinion of me that you already dislike me? My life is nothing but rejection and insecurity at this moment anyway, this is just the straw that broke the camel's back.... I dont think I've ever been this saddened by anything that has happend online.... Do I have your support or should I just pack up and leave? I need all the friends I can get....

Sorry about the rant... but I'm so shaken up I cant sleep... its 7 in the morning and I'm just freaking out about this.
Rizash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 05:27 AM   #2
Aude Sapere

I think this should be in the 'whining" board....not to dislike you or anything..

And first off, relax, IT IS JUST THE INTERNET!

Anyhoo, in real life, when one choses to be different, they have to accept the consequences of that. Unfortunatly, appearences matter and are what people make thier first judgements on. So if you go out dressed all awsome, but portray the vibe that you want to exterminate the entire human population...including some squirls, do not expect a loving embrace from many people. I know its not right to judge appearences, but people are assholes, and thats what they do. Now, the internet situation is something i am unfamilar with, since i am quite new. But it seems to me that people here enjoy inetlligent discussion and frown upon stupidity. And bitching about how lonely you are, and how this website has made you "sad"...o yeah, thats one way to get people to respect you.

You have done nothing to me, so i don't have a problem with you, but this post is just radiating off "pathetic" vibes.

You want friends? Stop checking these boards 3 times a day (how about once every other day?), be yourself, and stop acting like you are always the odd one out. You are on a board with a ton of people who are or used to be the odd ones out. Its nothing new. Now im sorry to hear about your dilema (sp?), but chill.
Aude Sapere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:11 AM   #3
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Hey Rizash, I like you, you write some interesting posts. And listen to what Aude Sapere said. And yeah, this should have been posted where the rest of us whine.

There will always be people who will dislike you anyway, no matter what you do, so don't fret about what others think. If you have only a handful of friends, you are very lucky. Once you stop worrying about what others think, you will gain self confidence, and the self confidence will make you even more likeable, and it becomes a positive spiral. It shows backbone. Good luck to you.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:16 AM   #4
korinna5555

be nice to Rizash. im rather fond of him, and i dont allow people to be unkind to my friends. if hes having a bad day, which we all do, let him post about it. and then be supportive!

anyways, Rizash, i would like you to hang around
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:15 PM   #5
Draconysius

Aude just said everything I was going to, so there's not much for me to add! Anyway, it IS human nature to judge by appearance. It's sad I know, but very true. Finding a way to tolerate negative observations is one of the hardest things you'll ever do, but it's something you MUST do if you want freedom to look how you want.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:57 PM   #6
Rizash

thanks for the support guys... I actually mis-posted... it was going to be in the "rant" section.... if someone wants to move it be my guest. I was over tired (if it says anything I just woke up) and really feeling down. I'm always being misunderstood and my entire life I've hidden my feelings in an attempt to find acceptance. The downside to this is I really am bad at expressing myself in humorous or semi-sensitive issues.... people usually misunderstand me. As far as freaking out last night it was mostly the fact that people seem to ignore me now... and I dont like that.... I'd just like a chance to redeem myself for my posts that were misunderstood..... and my stress is real life related.. it seems no matter what I do I cant get any thanks for anything.... I've given away more posessions than I currently own... and I really try to find positive things.... so to have people bash me and label me as something I am not... I just cant bear. I'll stick around, and I'll keep posting... those of you who have judged me please try to understand what I mean not what I say. For the rest of you guys... thanks for the support... I'll continue to check the forums frequently because I'm a forum freak....

At any rate... I rather think this could actually become an example of acceptance for people who might loosen up after getting to know me.... thats the main reason I'll stick around.
Rizash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 04:05 PM   #7
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizash
All my life it seems everywhere I go people dislike me....
Welcome to planet Earth.
Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 04:22 PM   #8
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm
Welcome to planet Earth.
Where's that?

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 04:24 PM   #9
HumanePain

Sounds like a terrible place.

Old 12-03-2006, 04:26 PM   #10
Pyre

I concur. ::sprouts wings and zooms off::

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 08:33 PM   #11
PersephoneX

Best thing to do is accept the fact you're never gonna get on with everyone. just dont take it personally.
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:36 PM   #12
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I don't think everyone hates you. Maybe you're just misunderstood or something.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:55 PM   #13
Mick Ignis

Let's put it this way. Do you actually want to talk to the people that judge you on your appearance? The way I see it, if people give me the evil eye because of my look, there's a good chance I really don't care to know them in the first place. I see it as a good asshole detector. Rather than finding out later that someone’s a judgmental jerk, I wear my interests on my sleeve (and my face, and... everywhere else on my body).

I take public transportation so I notice a lot of judgmental looks. But when I see another Goth on board, I know I have someone to talk to who shares my interests. Fuck everyone else.
Mick Ignis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:25 PM   #14
Draconysius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Ignis
Let's put it this way. Do you actually want to talk to the people that judge you on your appearance? The way I see it, if people give me the evil eye because of my look, there's a good chance I really don't care to know them in the first place. I see it as a good asshole detector. Rather than finding out later that someone’s a judgmental jerk, I wear my interests on my sleeve (and my face, and... everywhere else on my body).

I take public transportation so I notice a lot of judgmental looks. But when I see another Goth on board, I know I have someone to talk to who shares my interests. Fuck everyone else.
Mick, I love you!

...in a totally friendship-oriented way, that is.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:59 PM   #15
Mephistophelian

I remember that today I had walked past a table at lunch where a friend was sitting. I sat down with my book {I was reading because I did not have money for lunch} and my friend came over to me. She told me that the people at her table were making fun of me and talking shit about me and the way that I look.

It was all very basic insults. {I'm a devil worshipper, I set fire to small children, I drink blood, ect ect}

I told her that I did not care that they were talking about me because people are always going to talk about and that it's not my fault if I give them something to talk about. But I then had a sudden idea and decided to conduct a experiment. Slyly I stood up, stuffing my book into my pants pocket, and walked over to my friends lunch room table. I sat down, looked everyone in the face, and bluntly asked "So does anyone care to make fun of me to my face?" No one said a word.
No one even blinked at me. They were to scared that I would eat their soul or something.

I ended up, after a while, coxing this one girl into actually having a small concersation with me and I completely changed her additude about who I was.
She came to find out that I am actually not as bad as she thought.

If people can't accept you after you've shown them everything you are. Then the're not worth it. You can not be scared to just let them see the real you. Rejection is a part of life.
The things you regret most in life are the things you were never confident enough to do.
Mephistophelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:05 PM   #16
Mephistophelian

{I made a lot of grammatical errors in my last post. >__<}
Mephistophelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:40 AM   #17
GoGoGadgetBooty

Location: I am currently located in North Carolina, but I hope to move further south for or after college.
Well, I've never met you, so I don't know why people don't like you. You don't seem mean or anything, maybe you're boring? Or perhaps it's just the opposite and you're annoyingly hyper. Or you might whine too much. If you ever get the chance, look at someone who has a lot of friends (not someone extremely popular, just someone who people genuinely like) and look at what he or she is doing. He/she is probably nice, funny, a good listener, unique, and genuine. That's pretty much what everyone looks for in a friend.
GoGoGadgetBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:54 AM   #18
She_Is_My_Sin

GoGoGadgetBooty, could you please make an introduction. Thanks.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:07 AM   #19
emeraldlonewoulf

damn dude, i thought we got along pretty well. had some good conversations too.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:29 PM   #20
Graveyard.Crow

When you don't love yourself no one else will
People feel it
It repels them
Old 12-31-2006, 09:20 PM   #21

I also thought nobody cared, online or in the 'real' world. But a couple months ago,on a different forum, I changed my sig to something like this:

Nobody really cares. If they did, they would contact you. And I sit, thinking they will. but, the whole time I know that they won't. Blood starts to boil as hate takes over.

Something like that, I don't remember.
Anyway, a friend of mine asked me if everything was okay because of it.
This led up to some point I had... hmmm... ???

See, people do care.

Forgive me if that didn't make any sence, I'm tired.
Sorcerer of death's construction
In the fields the bodies burning,
As the war machine keeps turning
Death and hatred to mankind,
Poisoning their brainwashed minds
~War Pigs/Luke's Wall~

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
- Bernard Bailey
#1158374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 09:34 PM   #22
Tumor

I don't hate you.

Though, to be honest, I don't have an opinion of you one way or the other.
Tumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 09:42 PM   #23
HumanePain

People do care. Read the responses to Hazie when she poured her heart out:

https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=4393

There are of course the sociopaths on the fringes, but most people do care. Perfect strangers will try to talk someone out of suicide, I have seen it at other sites.

Old 12-31-2006, 11:57 PM   #24
om3gag0th666

Fucking pussy, get it over with, hang yourself. This is the internet and this is very serious.
om3gag0th666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:04 AM   #25
Tumor

Whatever, turd. You're the one everyone hates, so why don't you take your own advice?

Happy New Year!
Tumor is offline   Reply With Quote