Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:58 PM   #51
Solumina

Duckie is getting married?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:13 PM   #52
blindNsect

To Gothic.net- The only account I have ever had here is blindnsect. On BB the only account I ever had was 2girls1corpse. I never trolled this site nor BB.

Don't blame me cus yer board sucks.
blindNsect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:26 AM   #53
Raza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic.net View Post
As a matter of fact, kontankarite actually did not get banned at all, probably because what they said wasn't quite as juvenile and stupid.
They did. Their titles were all 'Exiled' last time I looked.

And people need to stop generalising 'trolling' as all equally undesirable behaviour. It's far too broad a term and far too easy an excuse, like the internet era's equivalent of sedition. They did nothing that warranted banning on BB, and saying that sort of thing 'just happens sometimes' is putting a whole lot less pressure on admins to think about what they do than you just put on posters to detect and ignore possible trolls.

Every time you ban a 'troll', you got trolled. And every time good posters get caught in a mass ban response, the 'admins are meanies' trolls you describe are given perfectly valid ammo. I really do not think that it's appropriate to put it all on the posters, here.
Raza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:47 AM   #54
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Duckie is getting married?
That's what he said last time he posted...I'm too lazy to find the thread it was in. I think it's in one of the billion he made about me.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:53 AM   #55
blindNsect

It's nothing more than snobbery. There is absolutely nothing going on at either site. The owners WANT an active kickass site, but they suck and can't make it happen.
blindNsect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:44 AM   #56
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raza View Post

And people need to stop generalising 'trolling' as all equally undesirable behaviour. It's far too broad a term and far too easy an excuse, like the internet era's equivalent of sedition. They did nothing that warranted banning on BB, and saying that sort of thing 'just happens sometimes' is putting a whole lot less pressure on admins to think about what they do than you just put on posters to detect and ignore possible trolls.

Every time you ban a 'troll', you got trolled. And every time good posters get caught in a mass ban response, the 'admins are meanies' trolls you describe are given perfectly valid ammo. I really do not think that it's appropriate to put it all on the posters, here.
Are you suggesting that admins should behave as if they were some somehow *gasp* ACCOUNTABLE for their actions?

Madness sir. I say you are mad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:39 AM   #57
KontanKarite

Quote:

Well, to be fair, I and a couple others DID come to that site to totally start an invasion. It wasn't going to be 100% trolling, but I personally intended to smash some personal views on being alternative and to dismiss any notion that being self expressive in an alternative sense is anything remotely special. On top of that, knowing it was going to hurt a lot of feelings, I was also going to make it damned funny by using an "epic invasion" aesthetic for the tone and theme of my posts. Like Achilles when he chopped off the head of Apollo's statue, I would have chopped at your Demonia boots right at the ankle.

I think we intended to participate in the forums, but make no mistake; we weren't coming there to be friends and it was going to be DAMN funny as well.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:10 PM   #58
Gothic.net

Quote:

kontankarite's profile does not say 'Exiled'. So, good posters did not get caught in a mass ban there that day.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:06 PM   #59
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Ask Kontan himself: he edited the status to show "Eyeball SPORKED" or something similar just for fun.

Anyway, it seems to me lately that a few folks around here have decided to try pushing Gnet's buttons. Why don't we make "Power Meeting" videos, write fiction or something that requires more than 10 seconds of thought? I felt the community here was more intelligent thatn the average Vampire xyz sites, but poking the local admin as a "rebel against authority" joke is a little shallow and overdone, very average shenanigans.

And no I am not in anyway a mod or admin or have anything to do with Gnet except being a member, and I don't have my nose up his/her butt.

Just my two cents worth.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:42 PM   #60
the-nihilist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
Why don't we make "Power Meeting" videos, write fiction or something that requires more than 10 seconds of thought?
Because I've got some serious AADD going on here.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:03 PM   #61
korinna5555

As soon as I saw "Captain Asshole" and mention of pooping, I got my hopes up..... is it really you, baby?!