Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 02-09-2006, 11:48 PM   #1
Demonista_Ravenesque

Abortions: Pro or Against?

I visited a friend's forum and read this person's post, it was very sickening. He said that if his girlfriend got pregnant, he'd beat her and abort the baby himself.
After seeing this comment, it made me fucking sad to think that people are still like that.
If hell actually existed, I wish this person goes down to the deepest pits and stay there until he dies again and again, without mercy on his pitiful soul.

But abortions, what about them?

I'm only pro choice on abortions when the babies aren't much but just a bunch of cells, life is precious, that's for sure, but imagine putting up the precious life up to a life of sadness and torture? If the mother's living conditions are far from perfect, then abortion would have been the more humane choice.

In Poland, abortions have been made illegal due to the fact that Poland is mostly Catholic. In Catholic religion, killing an unborn baby is a sin, therefore the babies end up in the crowded adoption spaces the next day.

Babies are suffocated at birth if the mother doesn't want to keep the baby and chances are the dead babies will be found in garbage can the next day.

So it's a sin to kill an unborn baby but if you don't want your one hour old kid, then by all means, asphyxiate him?

On that point, that's where I find abortions as the right thing to do, but I find it wrong at some points.

In China, they prefer baby boys to girls. Therefore, many baby girls are killed, left in the street to die or aborted at such a late stage of pregnancy.
I find it incredibly sad when a baby cries during an abortion and I'm sure the mother feels incredible loss and guilt in such a situation.

Many of you seem to prefer the idea of putting the child up for adoption, but think about it...

In reality, orphanages are suffering from problems of over crowding and the world is still trying to fix the overpopulation problem. Putting a child for adoption wouldn't necessarily give them a chance to live a happy life either.

http://youtube.com/w/Dir-en-grey-Maz...rey%20abortion

That link above this text is a link to a video clip by Dir En Grey.

They are anti - abortion and the video is very graphic. Think of this as happening in reality and think of the guilt the mother feels during this process.

What's your feeling on abortion?

(Really sorry about the rant, I just felt I needed to say something on this topic)

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:55 PM   #2
PhilSmith

On the whole I'm pro-choice.

Of course, there are plenty of incidents where abortions are forced on the expecting mother, or at the very least pressure is put on to have the foetus terminated; that's a very emotive subject and some might say a pretty powerful argument to the contrary. But then again that sort of incident pretty much runs against the pro-choice line as any element of choice is stripped away or at least undermined in that case.
PhilSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:28 AM   #3
Blushing Heliophobe

I personally feel that the occurance of abortion is a sad thing.

However, I think that they should be legal during the first and second trimester. Abortion is as old as childbirth itself; and it used to be as dangerous. No matter what anyone's views on abortion are; it is inarguable that if abortion became illegal then women would get them illegaly, and that would end it permanent scarring, infertility and death to the woman.

I hate how the conversation concerning this issue usually goes; for some reason many pro-lifers feel the need to use extremely demeaning language towards women who choose abortion, and that really irks me.

You never know who YOU know has had one; it is much more prevalant than I think most people realize, and I know plenty of women close to my heart that have had abortions and it hurts to hear what people say about them - not even knowing them.

I hope this thread doesn't go that way.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:22 AM   #4
Disfunction

I am pro-choice, though I think it would be a mighty awkward position to be pro-abortion. I can only imagine the protests that would form outside of maternity wards.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 08:37 AM   #5
Empty_Purple_Stars

Woah.

I'm staying out of this one for now.

We've had this thread before, and it ended badly. Very, very badly.

So far everyone is playing nice. Let's keep it that way..

Mmkay?
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:26 AM   #6
Empty_Purple_Stars

Uh. That's not even vaguely amusing.

It's even LESS amusing, when you've personally had to help care for a young woman who tried to abort her fetus with a coat hanger.

It isn't pretty.

Save your coat hanger jokes for Gore.com, mmkay?
Old 02-10-2006, 09:40 AM   #7
ExistentialDisorder

I believe completely that it should be the woman's right to choose. Its her body. The guy made his choice when he decided whether or not to wear a rubber.

"What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection
Is it all you wanted to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself [or]
Find yourself afraid to see?..." -NIN
ExistentialDisorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:50 AM   #8
ExistentialDisorder

in the case of pregnancy, it is.

Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?
Old 02-10-2006, 10:12 AM   #9
sensuous0mar

Everyone will hate me after I say this, but I've always been pretty pro-life.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:16 AM   #10
ExistentialDisorder

Of course the woman has a responsibility in it too. Sometimes women get pregnant and then realize later that it was a mistake. Sometimes women use pregnancy and babies as tools to control guys, which is just fucked up beyond words and they have no business being mothers to begin with. But regardless of her reasons, its still her body. If the guy really doesn't want a kid, then he needs to do whatever it takes to make sure he doesn't get one. If that means not fucking, so be it. If it means wearing a rubber, do that too. But the rubber might break. Regardless. He made his bed. He took the risks. Besides, how much work did he really put into it. 3 minutes? Versus 9 months of hers. Its not his kid until its born. Its inside the woman's body, completely dependant and attached to her. Which makes it a part of her, until its able to function on its own entirely.

And fuckers like the one Demonista mentioned just need to be castrated.

Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?
Old 02-10-2006, 10:22 AM   #11
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistentialDisorder
I believe completely that it should be the woman's right to choose. Its her body. The guy made his choice when he decided whether or not to wear a rubber.
That let's the guy off a lil easy, luv.

Although I've met and am married to a guy who wishes they'd had a say in the abortion issue.

It's not fair to assume that it's just the woman's right to choose. What if the man wants the baby and would be willing to take it off of her hands once she delivered it?

Life is precious, it's not a game of "my body/your body". I had a pregnancy scare when my first baby was only 5 mos. We thought of using RU486, even looked it up on the web and looked at the side-effects. If I had been pregnant at that time, we decided that it would be the best option. It would've killed me. I was in such a bad place back then thinking of killing an unborn child that I almost killed myself.

Thankfully we found out that I wasn't pregnant. But I'll never forget that time in my life. It made me realize that I will never be for having an abortion of my own. Now that I've got two kids and I'm fixed, I'll never have to worry about that fear again.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:28 AM   #12
ExistentialDisorder

You know, if I forget a condom, it could mean death for me. Where's the difference?

Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?
Old 02-10-2006, 10:30 AM   #13
ExistentialDisorder

Responsibility

Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?
Old 02-10-2006, 10:34 AM   #14
ExistentialDisorder

And just as a side note, women taking birth control pills carry a lot more burden than a guy wearing a rubber. Pills can lead to a lot of serious problems down the road for women, to include making it more difficult, and sometimes even impossible, for them to have kids when they actually want them.

Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?
Old 02-10-2006, 10:37 AM   #15
WolfMoon

Xng and ED:

Tomato ~ Tomahto
Old 02-10-2006, 10:41 AM   #16
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
I beat you, Wolfie!
Yeah, yeah, damn simul-post!

'S okay, I don't mind being behind that ass!

Old 02-10-2006, 10:44 AM   #17
ExistentialDisorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
What if the man wants the baby and would be willing to take it off of her hands once she delivered it?
Right. And I have nothing against that. In fact, if she decides to carry it full term and then adopt it out, I think the father should get first dibs, if he's capable of taking care of it, and if, for example they aren't a couple. If they are, then shit... that just opens a whole different bag of shit.

This is another "case by case" topic where each situation can and often is very different. Pro-choice. 'nuf said.

Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?
Old 02-10-2006, 11:04 AM   #18
WolfMoon

Quote:
Yeah, baby, yeah.........

Can I tap it?

*tap-tap*
Old 02-10-2006, 11:06 AM   #19
JuliaGaltic

I think that the guy absolutely has a say, as long as he's a nice enough guy to care to have a say. However, I look at women more as like the jury in the decision. She can hear what everyone whose going to be involved and affected has to say but it is ultimately her choice.

I don't want to get into the details of my experiences with abortion, but I am pro. In certain circumstances. I knew a girl that did a lot of drugs, acid and X in particular, and slept around a lot. By the time she was 17 she was on her 3rd pregnancy and, a few weeks after that, on her 3rd abortion. That I find completely wrong. I'm with Santarea, it is not a method of birth control! Especially this day in age in which contraceptives are so widely available and in which we are so educated on STD's and sex in general.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:23 AM   #20
mortalitas incomitatus

shit demonista you're too young to be thinking bout these issues.
what has the world come to when our early teens are faced with thing like this?

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:28 AM   #21
Empty_Purple_Stars

o0o0o Daytime Mortalitus..

*claps*

And sadly Girl, I have seen Eleven Year olds get Pregnant.

Unfortunately, things like this must be considered at a much earlier age these days, for young people.

It does make me sad though..

Kids can't just be kids, anymore..

Le Sigh.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:29 PM   #22
Demonista_Ravenesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortalitas incomitatus
shit demonista you're too young to be thinking bout these issues.
what has the world come to when our early teens are faced with thing like this?
It was actually part of a controversial discussion in my new school.

I met a girl a while ago who used abortion as a method of contraception, I didn't even know what an abortion was, so I was just like 'okay, that's cool'.

Then a few months later, I saw some show on the ABC channel that was talking about abortions, puzzled, I decided to ask my mother about it and do some research. After doing some research, I just found it fascinating (not in a sick way, I just wanted to know more).

So at my new school, I met a girl who was apparently a mistake and was close to aborted, and I met another girl who's had a baby aborted but had counselling for it. I don't know about you but as I child, I was sick of being too young to speak my mind on issues but if you find this thread in any way offensive, by all means shut it, I don't want to be offensive to anyone and I'm sorry.

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:48 PM   #23
The Minister Saint-Fond

Hooray for abortion and a woman's freedom to have one. I've always felt that couples should be a 51-49 organization when it comes to abortion (i.e. people should discuss it as a couple, but basically the woman should have the final say).

Anywho, I am in favor of legal abortions because:

1. It is my opinion that life begins at birth, rather than at conception (a billion Christians disagree with me, a billion Hindus agree with me. Hindus are brown. Brown is good... Hrm... but many Christians are also brown. It seems my logic has a minor hole in it...).

2. I want to prevent the coat hanger abortions that we've discussed here by offering people a safe-ish (or at least sanitary) alternative.

I've gone with a woman to get an abortion. I've seen what it does to people. It is not a decision that people make lightly. If someone makes it, they should have the option, I think.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:52 PM   #24
The Minister Saint-Fond

Quote:

And also...

More buttocks please!

That is all.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:05 AM   #25
Sanctus Dei

I definetly don't agree with abortion as a method of birth control.. one look at my baby nephew (4yrs old now!!) and my heart sinks at the idea.. BUT...

If a woman is sexually assulted and can prove so I am 100% for allowing them the choice.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote