Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 11-02-2005, 06:51 PM   #101
Burnt_offerings

I use to hate Manson until I saw him in the special features of the Resident Evil film and liked what he had to say. Then I actually listened to his music and when I heard "Diary Of A Dope Fiend" , I thought this is some fairly creepy shit. So now I am a fan.
Burnt_offerings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 02:09 PM   #102
Niels

his music sucks, but as a person he's a very genius guy, as far as I have seen in interviews etc
Niels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 03:49 PM   #103
ScreamingSlave

It's a band with great albums, except "golden age of grotesque", an album that helped him stood back on his feet. I'm looking forward for his new album, he says its gonna be something different, i hope so. Time for this band to evolve musicaly and be more "mature" :P
ScreamingSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 06:09 PM   #104
allevil1979

Location: Somewhere south of Heaven and somewhat north of Hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingSlave
Time for this band to evolve musicaly and be more "mature" :P
That's the thing with great artists, they grow, evolve and mature. MM was great for the first couple of albums, but everything after that has either sounded about the same. I lost interest with the teenage fight song. How old was he when he wrote that? you cant battle teenage angst forever
allevil1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 06:43 PM   #105
Twizted Whispers

i like marilyn manson but i like is older stuff alot better like when he did anitchrist superstar.....
Twizted Whispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 06:58 PM   #106
Circle V

I like Marilyn Manson's music just fine, especially his earlier stuff. His attempts to shock grow old quickly, though I don't dispute that he has the right to dress and act as he wills-- within reason, of course. He would interest me much more if he had changed his image in some meaningful way since Antichrist Superstar.
Circle V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 09:10 PM   #107
Black Gestalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonista_Ravenesque
If Marilyn Manson was Japanese, he would fit in the musical category of "Visual Kei"
Thats low.
Black Gestalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:20 PM   #108
Forbidden soul

marilyn manson is the only reason i live! i might be his biggest fan
Forbidden soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:35 PM   #109
Circle V

There is a thread in which you can introduce yourself in General. However, seeing how your first post turned out, you might want to skip that step and just leave.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:47 PM   #110
rockandrose

Visually, Marilyn Manson is intriguing to look at.

His music? Well, its not as good as his human artform.

Marilyn Manson has not evolved musically and visually, hence, this makes him plain 'boring'.

Nonetheless, I will still listen to his music.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:00 PM   #111
ajspear

Red face

I generaly like his music and him as a person, I especial though from one interview, where there was a mom trialing him for making her son kill himself ((bull shit)) that he said somthin very powerful. he was asked what he would say to these kids who killed tghemselfs and he said somthing along the lines of "I woulnd't say anything, I would have lisend to what they had to say, which is what no one did." and I just thought that was really cool.

plus, I find him oddly kinky, somthing about goth guys
ajspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 07:06 PM   #112
rockandrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajspear
plus, I find him oddly kinky, somthing about goth guys
Please tell me that you don't believe that Marilyn Manson is a goth or even close to a goth!

Marilyn is not a goth and never was. His music is nowhere near gothic.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:38 PM   #113
Black Gestalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandrose
Please tell me that you don't believe that Marilyn Manson is a goth or even close to a goth!

Marilyn is not a goth and never was. His music is nowhere near gothic.
Yeah. It's just shockrock. Sometimes a little NIN style industrial.
Black Gestalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 08:09 PM   #114
rockandrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Gestalt
Yeah. It's just shockrock. Sometimes a little NIN style industrial.
Have you heard of the song 'like a virgin' remixed with Marilyn Manson and NIN. It's the same song Madonna orginally sang.

It's terrible.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:55 PM   #115
Fallenfromgrace

Love his music he was my first metal band i listened too.visually he is jus kool to look at and gives some insperation to change themselves to how they want to b and not how ppl want them to b conclusion he is a good artist one of my favourites
Fallenfromgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:12 PM   #116
devilgirl666

I LUV MARILYN MANSON i finally got the album lest we forget it is fukin awesome except it doesnt have coma black wich i love MARILYN MANSON IS THE BEST!!!
devilgirl666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:15 PM   #117
Shadowed Aegis

*sigh*

Intro Thread - Post in here first!
Shadowed Aegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 02:35 AM   #118
anti

Xnguela, I think I love you. Is that okay?
anti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 02:55 PM   #119
arc-en-gel

MM is all right. Most of his songs are craps, some are quite cool, few are great. I guess if i make my calculations, he's just all right, the average band.
nothing much to say after all. his movies are great, but the fact is its not him who made them make me believe i shouldn't put them in the total.
i suppose he's not without ideas. but, what does he do with them?
arc-en-gel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 03:22 PM   #120
rockandrose

When I first discovered his music, which was several years ago, I initially enjoyed listening to his music. But after several repeat of his songs, his music merged into an annoying and pretentious industrial-filled music. Hence, I wouldn't listen to his music on a regular basis. I don't think his music is piss-poor but it isn't a King's treasure either.

Perphaps, he does has talent as a artist, as it is hard to tell behind his "pseudo angst" electronic singing. His music is "shock horror" and I believe he did achieve that when he first started out, then the "shock" factor quickly faded into air.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:07 PM   #121
endemonidia

The oddest thing is that on the Dublin goth scene, liking Marilyn Manson isn't as socially suicidal as, oh I don't know, wearing a pink tracksuit singing an Usher song as it once was. The mantle of 'most despised preppy teen wannabes' has been passed to Emo, leaving MM, surprisingly, as a respected group. Utterly mind-blowing.
endemonidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 04:15 PM   #122
rockandrose

I rather listen to Manson's music than those Murderdolls, Skipknot, Craddle of the Filth, Dimmu, Good Charlotte, Wednesday 13 and From Autumn to Ashes.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:39 PM   #123
User Name

he's a musical genius, great intellectual, and very strong minded/willed person who i admire a lot.
User Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 09:41 PM   #124
User Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by arc-en-gel
MM is all right. Most of his songs are craps, some are quite cool, few are great. I guess if i make my calculations, he's just all right, the average band.
nothing much to say after all. his movies are great, but the fact is its not him who made them make me believe i shouldn't put them in the total.
i suppose he's not without ideas. but, what does he do with them?
more than you do, i'm sure.
User Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 05:25 AM   #125
AbelTheLiar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonista_Ravenesque
If Marilyn Manson was Japanese, he would fit in the musical category of "Visual Kei"
I found a VK website with Manson section. And I've recently discovered that Dir En Grey beats the living fuck out of Manson in terms of sheer shock and quality. Two words: Obscure, uncensored.

As for whether I like Manson or not, yeah I do. But his tunes a tad simplistic. I figured out how to play like, 3 of his tunes by ear. Megadeth though is actual talent that I would have never thought of. I needed a tab for that.

Too bad it won't let me post pics etc.
AbelTheLiar is offline   Reply With Quote