Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:32 PM   #1
TheGothicAngel

An Angel has appeared!

Greetings!

Just wanted to say "hi"

...hi

I'm new here and just decided to look around and see what cool stuff to find. After many years of being in my cave and not adventuring out, I decided to "fly" my wings for the first time and check out all the cool people around here.

I live in the Midwest, yes grew up in Kansas...No I didn't roll around in haybails and sing Yippie Kai-Yay! And didn't grow up chucking corn and picking beans...

Sorry, Dorothy got her heart cut out stomped on by a hundred angry Persian goat worshippers seeking her red shiney slippers for alter decorations! It was bizarre!

I enjoy sci-fi, but not the SYFY channel, they ruined it!

Anyway, I'm into gaming, I play battlefield 2, since late spring last year!
I'm also a geek...probably would never guess that, eh?

Well, I've took enough of your time, you can now take up my time if you like and visit my blog/website/forums. It's new, just got the domain and have setup my new Battlefield 2 server. ROCK ON!!!

...last but not least, would like to get to know more about designing Gothic art or look for Gothic Web art like wallpapers/graphix, not into vampyres, mainly of old castles, Gothic women in dress, foggy forests,no cartoonish stuff?

Bless you!

TheGothicAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:35 PM   #2
vindicatedxjin

Sorry but...you're clown shoes.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:50 PM   #3
Geoluhread

Beat it. texttooshort
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:10 PM   #4
DRM

When I read the phrase "beat it" I always start humming that song.
O.o
Old 09-08-2009, 05:12 PM   #5
vindicatedxjin

^^^Yah that's the exact same thing that happened to me...

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:18 PM   #6
Wrath

Quote:
I live in the Midwest, yes grew up in Kansas...No I didn't roll around in haybails and sing Yippie Kai-Yay! And didn't grow up chucking corn and picking beans...
I grew up on a farm and I find most of said stuff fairly therapeutic...
Fresh food always tastes better to me anyhoo...
Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:48 PM   #7
TheGothicAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
Clown shoes? Ummm...ok

Didn't like the pink? ok...Picked the wrong color by accident...
Old 09-08-2009, 05:50 PM   #8
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
I grew up on a farm and I find most of said stuff fairly therapeutic...
Fresh food always tastes better to me anyhoo...
Yep, here in Wisconsin there is actualy a school district that is teaming up with a local co-op and farmers to provide the kids with vegitables and fruit that were picked within 24 hours for lunch. I hope they'll expand the system, it is somthing I think the whole country could benefit from.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:59 PM   #9
TheGothicAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
Yep, here in Wisconsin there is actualy a school district that is teaming up with a local co-op and farmers to provide the kids with vegitables and fruit that were picked within 24 hours for lunch. I hope they'll expand the system, it is somthing I think the whole country could benefit from.
The reason why I said what I said was not against farmers/fresh food and stuff, it's because I get HEAVILY picked on from being from Kansas.

I speak to hundreds of people a week on the phone, and the first thing they say when I tell them midwest, kansas, Missouri...is about dorothy and cow-tippin'... sheesh. I think i went cow-tippin' once...long time ago.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:00 PM   #10
TheGothicAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread View Post
Beat it. texttooshort

Ummm...that wasn't nice..
Old 09-08-2009, 06:20 PM   #11
TheGothicAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread View Post
Beat it. texttooshort

Why say that, if you are mad about the pink, it was supposed to be red. My mistake and I can't change it...sorry.

I'm new at this, ok? Never reached out to "Gothic" forums...yet I'm not that "hardcore" of any gothic/dark nature, but I've seem to enjoy the clothing, the jewelry, the music, the people...And I love my "gothic" friends. They are easy and very fun to be with. But I'm still a city girl.

So if you want me to "beat it", unzip your pants, I'll get the KY and "Beat It" till falls off!
Till then...get to know me.

I forgive you..forgive me? Thanks...
GA
Old 09-08-2009, 06:38 PM   #12
Wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
I agree. Fresh foods are so much better for children. They study better are more attentive and get better nutrition. Where I live they only started getting "Healthy" foods in the schools and the junk food out recently. I hope what they are doing in that district in Wisconsin will spread and rapidly.
I have alot of "Obesity in America" rants its vile and the kids are so ....unhealthy. I need to stop myself......

Quote:
The reason why I said what I said was not against farmers/fresh food and stuff, it's because I get HEAVILY picked on from being from Kansas.
Hun i'm part amish,cherokee and hungarian and am always and forever asked "Did you come here in a buggy?" " How did an indian meet an amish girl?"( in referance to my grandparents) People ask stupid questions hell im one of em' I once told a guy trapped in an elevator "Dont go anywhere"

My family literally hails from a farm on a hill. I am rather proud of my bloodline people picking on me be damned its who I am. My family is way to large and eccentric for me not to want to be a part of it....and frankly my friends love me for me even when I ask them and my bosses if I can plan potatoes in their gardens .....my boss for the bed and breakfast said no =( but I saw it comeing....

Quote:
I speak to hundreds of people a week on the phone, and the first thing they say when I tell them midwest, kansas, Missouri...is about dorothy and cow-tippin'... sheesh. I think i went cow-tippin' once...long time ago.
Get used to it already then. Bloody hell.........Even if it irks you are these really people who's opinions matter?
I live in Rhode Island and durring summer are you aware of how manny times im asked wich country i'm from? and have to answer America....people constantly think i'm irish.....or brazillian....

Back to the over weight people....I feel like bitching about it now...

I blame alot of parents when I was a kid I grew up eating more vegetables and fruit then anything else I did not even know what soda was till I turned 15. I even like tofu...a good tofu is quite nice .People also need to eat more raw foods .I happen to love un-cooked vegetables instead of those damn potatoe chips eat a god damn carrot!

I am now quite buzzed and will continue my lil bitch here with a friend......
Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:57 PM   #13
Sendo

Did the question format for new people disappear? I rather liked it. It made the post more focus and I learned more, but quite a few people seem to have ignored it...
Sendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:30 PM   #14
TheGothicAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendo View Post
Did the question format for new people disappear? I rather liked it. It made the post more focus and I learned more, but quite a few people seem to have ignored it...
I haven't had a chance to search the forums for something like that, but I know what you are saying. I will find one of the past and answer it here.

It does make a good introduction. I'm bad at those, please give me another chance and I promise IT WILL NOT BE IN PINK for goodness sakes...
Old 09-08-2009, 08:00 PM   #15
TheGothicAngel

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

I game online, mainly one game: Battlefield 2
Technical Support in the Real Estate Industry

2. Where are you from?

Midwest Kansas/Missouri

3. Who is your favorite author?

Oh gosh, I haven't read a book in years...It used to be Stephen King when I did read, that was like early to mid nineties...I mainly read off the web of all sorts of stuff!

4. What are your favorite films?

The Bourne Trilogy/Lord of the Rings Trilogy

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

Trans-Siberian: I'll keep your secret

6. At your funeral?

Something Titled "I'll remember you", but can't place the singer

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

cooked, medium well, heavy on the seasoned rub...yeah, upper back...oh ya!

8. What kind of casket would you want?

One that has a door handle on the inside...

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

I like some backless dresses and short skirts

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

Didn't have to work and could play all day!

11. What's your favorite band?

Within-Temptation

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

Some college, mainly Microsoft ceritification classes

13. Why did you join?

To meet people, make friends/enemies/and those like me who are both and neither good and/or bad, both in Heaven and in Hell and all points in-between

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

Ummm...I'm blind and my hands are tied...
Old 09-08-2009, 08:50 PM   #16
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGothicAngel View Post

I never said you were saying anything, I was merely commenting on how great fresh food is.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:03 PM   #17
mindless1

"I live in the Midwest, yes grew up in Kansas...No I didn't roll around in haybails and sing Yippie Kai-Yay! And didn't grow up chucking corn and picking beans...

Sorry, Dorothy got her heart cut out stomped on by a hundred angry Persian goat worshippers seeking her red shiney slippers for alter decorations! It was bizarre!"

Hey welcome!!! I don'tt go on here much because the site is full of trolls and perverted anti-social psychopaths.

You've just been hugged by a stranger *Hug*
Old 09-11-2009, 10:27 PM   #18
Mr E Nigma

I'm pretty sure no one above said anything about the pink font. We're more happy with people sticking to the white, though color can have it's uses.

At least you picked a readable font.

Welcome to the forums. And if you're going to plug your own forum site, don't do it out in the open where you can get the banhammer dropped on you, though I don't think the mods are around much nowadays.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:15 AM   #19
TheGothicAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless1 View Post
"I live in the Midwest, yes grew up in Kansas...No I didn't roll around in haybails and sing Yippie Kai-Yay! And didn't grow up chucking corn and picking beans...

Sorry, Dorothy got her heart cut out stomped on by a hundred angry Persian goat worshippers seeking her red shiney slippers for alter decorations! It was bizarre!"

Hey welcome!!! I don'tt go on here much because the site is full of trolls and perverted anti-social psychopaths.

You've just been hugged by a stranger *Hug*
Why thank you sweetie! A *HUG* back to you too! I knew there was nice people on here.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:20 AM   #20
TheGothicAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr E Nigma View Post
I'm pretty sure no one above said anything about the pink font. We're more happy with people sticking to the white, though color can have it's uses.

At least you picked a readable font.

Welcome to the forums. And if you're going to plug your own forum site, don't do it out in the open where you can get the banhammer dropped on you, though I don't think the mods are around much nowadays.
Thank you...It was a mistake for the pink, but what's been done has been done. I am glad there are nice people here, that is what really attracts people to forums. I almost was planning on never coming back, but I got an email from two nice people welcoming me and a *HUG*...

Well a *HUG* to you too.

Cheers!

GA
Old 09-12-2009, 03:21 AM   #21
creature6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
what did you say fatty?
you vocabulary is poor.
repeating yourself....
get back to your cones .
creature6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:11 AM   #22
Ko Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGothicAngel View Post
Why say that, if you are mad about the pink, it was supposed to be red. My mistake and I can't change it...sorry.
Don't apologize to these guys.
Ko Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #23
creature6

that's true.
i must agree there.
it's a waste of time.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:52 AM   #24
TheGothicAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by creature6 View Post
that's true.
i must agree there.
it's a waste of time.
Thank you...

I like kind people, it's good to know they still exist in this evil & dark world...Even though I like the dark, I just don't like the evil(vindicatedxjin) that lurks in the dark.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:59 AM   #25
creature6

well you are very welcome.