Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 08-23-2006, 09:11 PM   #1
mindrape

mindrape! Yay!

So I'm Melissa, or Missy. Whatever you'd prefer.

Here's the questionaire type thing.
1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) Uhhhh I do hair. That's my hobby. I also work at Taco bell =[

2. Where are you from? I'm from missouri

3. Who is your favorite author? Frank Herbert. I know, not the gothy authors you'd expect but, hey, I guess I'm not as conventional?

4. What are your favorite films? Too many to list. Either scary, macabre films or something funny.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? My family is 100% Irish catholic.. so nothing too dark. Probably just a crappy wedding band.

6. At your funeral? something that i'd actually listen to that would remind people of me.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? To be honest, I know I sound like a total non-goth, but I don't want to die. I just don't like to think about it =[

8. What kind of casket would you want? I want to be creamated

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? My long flowy black skirt with my black and pink corset

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? I never had any kind of childhood. So one of those?

11. What's your favorite band? Tool. I know, again not very gothy. Fuck, nobody's going to like me here.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? High school and my major is going to be business

13. Why did you join? The people seem cool, and I'm in love with the culture.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? Female

So talk to me if you want. I work a lot so please don't be offended if I don't respond ASAP.
mindrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 11:29 PM   #2
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
No one here will dislike you for not being obsessed with death or not listening to typical gothic music. Infact, you are much more welcome here than people that listen to pseudo-goth music like Manson or AFI or those that think it is terribly cool to talk about death the whole time.
Maybe here you will discover some gothic bands that you will really like. We'll see.
So, welcome.
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:10 AM   #3
Delkaetre

I know more than a few who like Tool- wouldn't worry about it. Honesty's a good thing in any member.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:21 AM   #4
Alliumphobia

I like you! Are you gonna stick around? And do you like hugs?
Alliumphobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:49 AM   #5
mindrape

Haha, hopefully I'll stick around. So long as school doesn't have me working my [figurative] balls off. And hugs are nice =]

Thanks for being so welcoming everybody :]
mindrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:05 PM   #6
angel011

Quote:
8. What kind of casket would you want? I want to be creamated
What, you wish yeour remains to be turned into a cream? Now that's an original one.

Welcome, I hope you enjoy it here.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:24 AM   #7
Tanzanari

Ooh...creamy remains....
Tanzanari is offline   Reply With Quote