Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 05-21-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
StarredLeaf

Worst healing experiences with piercings?

I got my industrial done last Saturday and the first two days were perfectly fine but on the third day it started acting up and now it won't stop being a bitch. Seriously arrrrgh. So what piercings were a pain to heal for you guys?
StarredLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:35 AM   #2
isobel black

Cartilage, definitely. Look forward to sleeping on one side for the next couple of months!

I had some problems with a double nipple piercing but that was because I had the second one done too soon.
isobel black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:54 PM   #3
StarredLeaf

Oh gosh am i. That's why I got the piercing on the ear I hardly sleep on heh but it's still a little hard to keep myself not wanting to roll over the other side.
StarredLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:00 PM   #4
Pineapple_Juice

Industrial. What a bitch. I still have problems with that piece of shit, but I'm a tightwad and I paid money for it so I'm sticking it out. I clean it 3 times a day with Bactine and I wash it with a mild soap every day and the bastard is still always a little swollen and sometimes pussy. Pus-y, not pussy like a vagina.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:10 PM   #5
Underwater Ophelia

I'm tryna get my nipple pierced.
Whats' that like?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:36 AM   #6
isobel black

It doesn't hurt too bad at all and should heal fast. (As long as you don't decide to add a 12 gauge ring after only two weeks)

I really like the look of them and they are fun to play with, but I didn't really experience any enhanced sensation.
isobel black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:26 PM   #7
korinna5555

My nostril would randomly bleed for a few days, which was annoying. My tongue was swollen twice its normal size for four days.
Never had a problem with my ears. Navel was fine until I tore it moving hay, and had to take it out.

I wish I could get both of my nipples pierced, but because of my size.. I'm afraid I'll tear them out in my sleep. My girlfriend's getting her's pierced soon.. I'm excited ^_^
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:26 PM   #8
Learing Cordelia

When I first got my ears pierced when I was 3, I was allergic to nickle plated earrings I got put in >_> it took like 4-6 months for my ears to heal back up. I had to go to the doctor and everything else to get the earrings removed. Two years later my mom punched holes in my ears for a second and put in gold earrings, didn't have any problems. (first set were professionally done)

I'm getting an my eyebrow pierced and my nose in a week or two though, hopefully I won't be allergic to the jewelry.
Learing Cordelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:43 PM   #9
Pineapple_Juice

I thought about getting my nose done but I dunno. My nose is pretty epic all on its own.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:49 PM   #10
korinna5555

Cordelia, a professional would never put nickel in you.

If you're worried about allergies, ask for titanium jewelry.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:39 AM   #11
Anarasha

Agreed.
Well my worst was my eyebrow. I misunderstood the piercer, so three months later, I still used Clorhexidin(or whatever the english name) so it was heavily infected, and several times daily, yellow and thick infection fluids came from it in massive amounts. Then I called the piercer and asked for advice, he told me to stop using that Clorhexidin something, 2 weeks and it healed up. It seems that Clorhexidin is meant for the first 2 weeks or so to keep the wound open and prevent it from infecting.... -.-"
My lip piercing is about a month or 2 ago, and it is still a bit swollen and a little infected, but I hear that's very normal for some months. However, I chipped a splinter of a tooth off by biting the piercing on accident -.-"
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:33 AM   #12
PortraitOfSanity

Worst healing experience with piercings? Clearly, stupid people. Seriously, how hard is it to keep a fucking piercing clean for 3 weeks?

I've had people come into the shop with the nastiest looking shit in their piercings, I really think there needs to be an intelligence test to get a piercing done.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:27 PM   #13
Pineapple_Juice

Now that's not really fair, as I demonstrate more than proper piercing hygiene. The only thing I can think of as to why mine is still acting up is maybe my hairspray in the mornings or sleeping on it at night, aggravating it.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:39 PM   #14
korinna5555

Pineapple, it sounds like you might be cleaning your industrial too often, which is irritating the piercing. If I were you, I'd soak it in a VERY dilute warm sea-salt water solution once or twice a day, and leave it be the rest of the time.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:02 PM   #15
Bonquisha~Brown

I remember telling someone here about how terribly my nose piercing got infected.
Ugh, I thought my nose was going to fall off.
Bonquisha~Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:18 PM   #16
PortraitOfSanity

Pineapple's using the right product (Bactine) but washing it with soap is most likely (as korina pointed out) irritating it, as well as introducing new bacteria (soap is FAR from sanitary).

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
Old 06-04-2009, 10:16 PM   #17
Cicero

I finally gave up on my ear piercings that I got last August. Only one healed, and the rest just went in a cycle of swelling up, bleeding out, and scabbing over. After going into the jungle for a few days not even prescription antibiotic ointment could help.

I still don't quite understand what happened. They were healing fine then after about six weeks they started to get really painful and swell up. I went to piercers for advice and all they could do was sell me longer bars and tell me to wash them in salt solution, just as I'd been doing every day for months anyway.

It looked like I was allergic to the metal, but I've never had any problems with surgical steel before, and the one piercing that did heal has a surgical steel post in it and is doing fine.

So yeah, I don't think I'll be getting pierced again. Ever. My body has a serious problem accepting holes in it.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:50 PM   #18
korinna5555

Bactine and I do NOT get along. I also can't use Dial soap, because of the SLS.

Sea salt soaks work best for me, and if I'm worried about infection, a dash of goldenseal powder or drop of lavender essential oil in the soak does the trick.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:13 PM   #19
Underwater Ophelia

Speaking of piercings, I just got my right nipple done.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:33 PM   #20
Learing Cordelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555 View Post
Cordelia, a professional would never put nickel in you.

If you're worried about allergies, ask for titanium jewelry.

This professional did.. Not exactly the best place but I live in no-man's land, not many places here with true professionals.

I'll check for those when I go and get them. Hopefully it'll be soon.
Learing Cordelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:59 AM   #21
Bonquisha~Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
Why not both? It would bug me to only get one done as I'd imagine it would look pretty uneven.
Bonquisha~Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:43 AM   #22
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learing Cordelia View Post
This professional did.. Not exactly the best place but I live in no-man's land, not many places here with true professionals.

I'll check for those when I go and get them. Hopefully it'll be soon.
Then he's not a professional. You use surgical steel ONLY as an initial piercing.

-Mr. Filth
Old 06-07-2009, 03:02 PM   #23
Mauritia Mayer

When I originally got my nostril piercing - two next to each other, both with CBRs, mind you - a kid crashed into me on the bus, hitting me in the face with a book, two weeks after the piercing. It hurt like a bitch and I got hideous red hypertrophic scars on them that didn't go away until I took them out. Not a fun time.

I got it repierced later and I had zero problems. I'm still deciding whether or not I want to get the second one done again, though, I'm slightly paranoid about a repeat experience.
Mauritia Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:35 PM   #24
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonquisha~Brown View Post
Why not both? It would bug me to only get one done as I'd imagine it would look pretty uneven.
I like asymmetry.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:46 PM   #25
Anarasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
Can we look foreward to a picture?
But seriously though, why the nipple? I imagine it's gotta hurt, and it's not the thing you show off the most o.O
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote