Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 06-27-2011, 08:58 PM   #126
Saya

Thats right, play dumb. I'm onto you.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:00 PM   #127
AshleyO

Okay. What is wrong with you?
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:56 PM   #128
Mr.Doobie

Mr.Doobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:39 PM   #129
Ben Lahnger

Ha ha ha ha ha! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:56 AM   #130
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Alan, you're a very bright young man, but sometimes you're a very young bright man.
That's an awesome quote.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:10 AM   #131
Alan

Hot damn, I agree.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #132
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
Tell you what. You tell me exactly why carbohydrates are far more important in a diet then lean meats. In fact, I'd argue that more proteins and low fat dairy with leafy green veggies for fiber is way fucking better than stuffing your fat face with whole wheat bread because you seem to think that's somehow healthy eating.

You really are one dumb motherfucker.

Who obviously didn't read this correctly

Quote:
and even then eat that in moderation
AT NO POINT did I say, suggest or even hint that breads should be the basis of any diet. The reason I didn't say this, is because they absolutely should NOT be.

I'm Already ON a lean protien and vegetable based diet with very limited bread, and rice ( don't much like pasta ) I've been on that eating plan for a long time and have lost over 50lbs using it in combination with going to the gym 4 times a week. Plus an aerobics class every Monday, not to mention walking the 5 miles home from work 3 times a week, and cycling to and from the gym which is 2 miles each way.

You thick fucking twat.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:08 PM   #133
AshleyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
You really are one dumb motherfucker.

Who obviously didn't read this correctly

AT NO POINT did I say, suggest or even hint that breads should be the basis of any diet. The reason I didn't say this, is because they absolutely should NOT be.
I don't see what your problem is. We agree, so stop being a jerk to me.

Quote:
I'm Already ON a lean protien and vegetable based diet with very limited bread, and rice ( don't much like pasta ) I've been on that eating plan for a long time and have lost over 50lbs using it in combination with going to the gym 4 times a week. Plus an aerobics class every Monday, not to mention walking the 5 miles home from work 3 times a week, and cycling to and from the gym which is 2 miles each way.

You thick fucking twat.
I don't give a shit what diet you're on. You lead me to believe that somehow that shit was vastly essential to a healthy diet and I argued that it wasn't, especially since it's realistic that most people DO NOT workout to justify eating loads of carbs. Bitch, don't make this thread about you just because it's about fat bashing. I wasn't even talking about you. It's not my fault if you think I was talking about stuffing carbs in YOUR fat face. I was just being general.

Base 'tard.
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:35 PM   #134
Alan

Honeythorn always does that. That's why she also shouted about BMI after my post which had nothing to do with BMI.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:54 AM   #135
CuckooTuli

Fat isn't really an issue for me in terms of who I'd sleep with, although I would be put off if someone was grossly overweight. I do agree though with the double standard of overweight people who claim 'real women have curves', and think nothing of saying shit like, "ugh, you're so bony/skinny" with open disapproval. A 26 inch waist is not 'too' skinny - I'm just smallish because I eat healthily, walk a lot, and do a few sit-ups or a bit of yoga now and then when I can be arsed. Yet the number of times I've had such comments from larger people (not all of whom were actually fat themselves, although plenty were on the bigger side) is surprising to me. Body politics aside, it's just plain rude to pass a negative and unasked-for comment on somebody's appearance.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:13 AM   #136
ape descendant

One thing I've noticed to be overlooked, are the genetic factors to obesity. There are more factors to weight gain/loss than a simple calorie intake vs exercise.

Aside from our genes controlling what sort of fats we have stored up in our bodies and how such stores are treated, there are genes that are switched on and off in the face of famine the crazy part being, that these genes are switched on or off in our recent ancestors (mother, grandmother or grandfather).

IMO no one is genetically fated to be morbidly obese, but our genes and the way they express can make it difficult to stay slim.

http://www.physorg.com/news/2010-12-...sity-ways.html

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5029679.ece

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:36 AM   #137
CptSternn

This thread is way too serious.

How do you make two pounds of fat look good?

Put a nipple on it.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:54 AM   #138
Still Jack

I chortled. afjklfskölafs
Old 06-29-2011, 10:38 PM   #139
Angelic Dissonance2

Damn, I was going to type "put it in a boob", and then I saw that. Good job!
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote