Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:56 PM   #2126
Jaye Jang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread View Post
I just told her I wanted it to be the same length, but different haircut.. I was open to new haircuts but had nothing particular in mind.
But this is really bad..
I mean.. It looks like a mullet of some sort. Which is bad
A 'shag' maybe. Had the same thing happen. Takes awhile to grow out. Told her I wanted to grow it out, even. Finally went to a barber shop, and the barber cut it right. He told me it looked like she'd cut it with a lawnmower. I took that as a compliment. I thought it looked like she'd used a tree shredder.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:42 AM   #2127
Still Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
Shit. Did you know the passenger?
No. I didn't . Plus I don't know how to feel about all of it. On one hand, he always drives too fast. On the other hand, even though he's done a lot of stpid shit, even he didn't deserve this.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:36 AM   #2128
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetJane View Post
Goddamnit I blame the recession for the giant new pack of homeless dogs coming out of the trailer park, which are making my dog crazy.
https://www.gothic.net/boards/showth...t=Trailer+Park

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:17 AM   #2129
the-nihilist

I want to go back to school and get a real degree, but I'm torn between computer science or computer engineering.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:24 AM   #2130
vindicatedxjin

... how bout BOTH!!

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:29 AM   #2131
the-nihilist

I don't know if I can afford that. I was leaning towards computer science, because I'm interested in artificial intelligence, but I don't want some dead end software development job. Computer engineering incorporates networks and the internet which I am also interested in. I guess I'll just do some more research. Hopefully the place I work for agrees to pay for it :P
Old 11-03-2009, 08:47 AM   #2132
vindicatedxjin

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I wish my job paid for school especially since it's a website..but they are waayyy too stingy.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 11-03-2009, 10:56 AM   #2133
Ben Lahnger

I think I'm too old to not know what I want to be when I grow up.

And, going hand in hand with that ... I'm tired of dead end jobs.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #2134
Solumina

I'm being stupid.

I have had this plan for the last couple of months to go to bartending school as soon as I finished Howl-O-Scream but now that HOS is over I'm actively searching for excuses not to call and actually schedule classes. I think it is because a part of me doesn't want to let go of my original plan of going to college then grad school and getting any sort of training is admitting that I couldn't do that, that I failed to live up to my own expectations, even though shit happened that was far beyond my control and not simply because I'm a failure. I just can't get myself to take that one little step, even though I know it is a good idea and even though I was perfectly happy with this decision for the past month. Bah I feel like I need to smack some sense into myself.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:45 PM   #2135
Jaye Jang

Boy, Ben, can I ever relate.

Solumina, don't ever put yourself down. (Had a former coworker tell me that once. Reason: There are plenty of other people who will be happy to do that for you). End of story. Maybe you are just not sure of 'changing horses in mid-stream', so try this on for size: Find out if there is a way you can intern or 'shadow' a bartender in a paid position, and see if you actually want to do that. In the meantime, check out some of the online colleges, etc. and see whether that is the route you want to take. That way you can do both and see which one fits.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:28 PM   #2136
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
I'm being stupid.

I have had this plan for the last couple of months to go to bartending school as soon as I finished Howl-O-Scream but now that HOS is over I'm actively searching for excuses not to call and actually schedule classes. I think it is because a part of me doesn't want to let go of my original plan of going to college then grad school and getting any sort of training is admitting that I couldn't do that, that I failed to live up to my own expectations, even though shit happened that was far beyond my control and not simply because I'm a failure. I just can't get myself to take that one little step, even though I know it is a good idea and even though I was perfectly happy with this decision for the past month. Bah I feel like I need to smack some sense into myself.
Just don't think of it as that. Its not like you might never go back to college or this is what you'll be doing for the rest of your life, its just some training you can get done so you can do something enjoyable until you get things straightened out. Or maybe you will love it and want to do it for a long time, who knows? Its really not a big deal if the course is like the classes you take here, think of it like a job requiring a first aid certificate.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:15 PM   #2137
Solumina

Yeah I know, it shouldn't be as big of a deal as I'm making it, it is only a 40 hour (five day) course and a bartender can make what the course costs in only a couple of shifts and my mother has offered to consider it an educational cost so she will cover it. I just need to get myself to do it.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 11-04-2009, 09:39 AM   #2138
the-nihilist

I think I would be a terrible bartender.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:49 AM   #2139
vindicatedxjin

I actually think bar tending would be fun... more fun then my current photography job...which isn't really fun at all. I keep hearing that 1-800 bartend commercial on the radio and it's quite tempting.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 11-04-2009, 11:07 AM   #2140
Delkaetre

I want to know how I, as an individual seeking work rather than as an organisation, can get my CRB check.

I have no criminal history whatsoever. I am pure as the driven snow so far as the CRB should be concerned. But apparently individuals cannot apply for the CRB- only registered organisations. So I can't get my own check performed, even if I pay out of my own pocket. I normally hate the idea of having to give out records to people, but if I can get a CRB check I can start applying for jobs that would really matter to me, like working with vulnerable adults.

I *want* to work with the homeless, the mentally ill, the drug addicted. I want to be involved every day with the people that society tends to shun or ignore, I want to help, I want to be one of those *good* social workers that really makes a big difference to people's lives. And I cannot do this unless I get a damn CRB check.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:22 PM   #2141
Mir

Respect: +10.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:35 PM   #2142
Solumina

Delk perhaps there is an organization that you could volunteer with and you could get your CRB check through them? I'll be honest I have no idea how the system works but we did something similar back when I volunteered so that I could move from PR and community outreach to actually working directly with abuse victims.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 11-05-2009, 03:33 AM   #2143
gothicusmaximus

I never thought this would actually happen to me, but gnet, I am hallucinating insects.
The phantom bug thing doesn't really bother me so much-- were I in any position to go to sleep right now, I'd just head someplace where I was sure there weren't really any bugs and close my eyes until the bugs disappeared. The issue is I'm writing a paper, and while it reads pretty solidly to me at present, I'm sure when I review it later it'll unmistakably be the product of a crazed, arthropod-conjuring mind.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:08 AM   #2144
vindicatedxjin

Are you scared of bugs?

Bring Kontan Back
Old 11-05-2009, 01:23 PM   #2145
Solumina

So my apartment complex is having the hallways painted, no big deal, the first coat was done a few days ago and we didn't even notice that it was being painted until we went out and the halls were a different color (and we had posted notices saying that they would be painting) but today it sounds like monkeys are fighting in the hall. All I can hear is grunting, some laughter, random shouting, and muffled banging. The walls here aren't thin in the slightest, I never have a problem with sound from the neighbors so these guys are being damn loud and I'm getting rather tired of it.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 11-05-2009, 07:51 PM   #2146
Jaye Jang

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
I never thought this would actually happen to me, but gnet, I am hallucinating insects.
The phantom bug thing doesn't really bother me so much-- were I in any position to go to sleep right now, I'd just head someplace where I was sure there weren't really any bugs and close my eyes until the bugs disappeared. The issue is I'm writing a paper, and while it reads pretty solidly to me at present, I'm sure when I review it later it'll unmistakably be the product of a crazed, arthropod-conjuring mind.

GM, sweetie, go see your optometrist. Those could be 'floaters' in your visual fields. (I get those, too, sometimes). Could just be the fatigue, but it would not hurt to check.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:10 AM   #2147
DRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
Oh my.
You might want to skip on the paper for a bit and get a quick nap.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:25 PM   #2148
SweetJane

Been there, Gothicus, I hope the paper and everything goes well for you.

My fucking jaw hurts like a bitch. I think my wisdom teeth are coming in and I don't want to talk to my parents about it because we're really strapped for cash, and even though we have dental insurance I'm sure even the co-pay would be too much at least until the end of the month, but with paying my lawyer and applying for my student visa this may have to wait untill January. So, whiskey is forcasted in my near future.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:11 PM   #2149
Jaye Jang

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetJane View Post
My fucking jaw hurts like a bitch. I think my wisdom teeth are coming in and I don't want to talk to my parents about it because we're really strapped for cash, and even though we have dental insurance I'm sure even the co-pay would be too much at least until the end of the month, but with paying my lawyer and applying for my student visa this may have to wait untill January. So, whiskey is forcasted in my near future.
SweetJane, first of all do tell your parents and find out if you can go the co-pay route. Don't mess with your teeth! They can cause all kinds of havoc to your health. Don't put it off either, as it could only get worse and alcohol will only dull the pain, hide the symptoms, etc. If you absolutely cannot afford help, try these: 1. Find out if your parent's insurance is an HMO, PPO, or whatever. In short, find out if they will allow you to see your own preferred dentist. If that is the case, 2a. Check and see if there are any free dental clinics in your area and if you qualify. b. Check and see if there are any dental colleges in your area. (Dental students, like cosmetology students, provide care at a minimal cost, under the strict supervision of a licensed 'attending'). c. Find out if there is a dentist in your area who will accept payments. In that case, you can pay whatever the insurance does not cover on a small monthly basis until you pay the bill off. (That's what I did). If the third option applies, check and see if there are any free programs offered to homeless people, even if you don't qualify, AND SEE IF YOUR DENTIST IS ONE OF THE VOLUNTEERS. (My dentist does that on the side). If so, there is a better-than-good possibility your dentist will work with you on the costs.

In the meantime, good luck.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #2150
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaye Jang View Post
GM, sweetie, go see your optometrist. Those could be 'floaters' in your visual fields. (I get those, too, sometimes). Could just be the fatigue, but it would not hurt to check.
I think he's probably fixing.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote