Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:48 AM   #1
Deadmanwalking_05

Female DUI suspect beaten by Police.

http://www.infowars.com/cops-beat-female-dui-suspect/

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 03:14 PM   #2
MissGracie

Who let her out of the kitchen? Where is her husband? Lol, just kidding. But now because of equal rights for women this is what can happen to us.
MissGracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:58 PM   #3
CptSternn

Cops beat people on a daily basis. Google it. Check out YouTube - they have volumes of the stuff. It's not news, its just a fact of life.

If you want to see a real police beating, check out police from other countries where it is legal for police to beat you.

One of my favourite shows on telly these days is Costa Del Street Crime. It shows police in Costa Del Sol - its filmed in the same manner as the US show COPS. One main difference, cops in Spain have the legal right to beat your arse. And they do, every episode. It's feckin' brilliant watching drunk eejits from the UK on hols over there give out to the cops like they do in the UK, only to find a van load of cops with batons show up and pummel them senseless.

THATS ENTERTAINMENT!

There is also a show called 'International Cops' which comes on late night on E4 (or was it More 4). Same kinda show, like COPS, except it follows police in the Ukraine, Russia, Czech Republic, etc. Again, no laws there stopping cops from beating people. Every episode the cops put the smack down on someone for getting a bit cheeky.

Then some yank posts a link like this one above? A girl gets pushed a bit and all of a sudden that is police brutality? Shit, you have never SEEN police brutality mate! Watching that video is like watching those lads in a soccer match who fall down and whine they were fouled.

Google Costa Del Street Crime - download a few episodes and see what cops in other countries do, legally, all the time.

Also, get your nose out of alex jones arse, he is a nut job who sensaltionalised stupid shit like this and people like you think it is somehow important and the rest of the world gives a shit. We don't.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:34 AM   #4
Still Jack

Look at the Ian Tomlinson footage to see a really unfair beating. That shit still pisses me off.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:44 AM   #5
SweetJane

... why did you post this and not Alexandros Grigoropoulos, deadmanwalking?
SweetJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:48 AM   #6
SweetJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
Look at the Ian Tomlinson footage to see a really unfair beating. That shit still pisses me off.
Yeah, I remember that. I always wonder what I would have done if someone had done that to my dad, just for trying to get home. That shit's despicable.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #7
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
Cops beat people on a daily basis. Google it. Check out YouTube - they have volumes of the stuff. It's not news, its just a fact of life.

If you want to see a real police beating, check out police from other countries where it is legal for police to beat you.

One of my favourite shows on telly these days is Costa Del Street Crime. It shows police in Costa Del Sol - its filmed in the same manner as the US show COPS. One main difference, cops in Spain have the legal right to beat your arse. And they do, every episode. It's feckin' brilliant watching drunk eejits from the UK on hols over there give out to the cops like they do in the UK, only to find a van load of cops with batons show up and pummel them senseless.

THATS ENTERTAINMENT!

There is also a show called 'International Cops' which comes on late night on E4 (or was it More 4). Same kinda show, like COPS, except it follows police in the Ukraine, Russia, Czech Republic, etc. Again, no laws there stopping cops from beating people. Every episode the cops put the smack down on someone for getting a bit cheeky.

Then some yank posts a link like this one above? A girl gets pushed a bit and all of a sudden that is police brutality? Shit, you have never SEEN police brutality mate! Watching that video is like watching those lads in a soccer match who fall down and whine they were fouled.

Google Costa Del Street Crime - download a few episodes and see what cops in other countries do, legally, all the time.

Also, get your nose out of alex jones arse, he is a nut job who sensaltionalised stupid shit like this and people like you think it is somehow important and the rest of the world gives a shit. We don't.
No she doesn't "get pushed a bit" prick cop #1 connects with a haymaker and prick cop #2 throws her head first into a fucking wall.

What video were you fucking watching?

Old 09-28-2009, 02:04 PM   #8
Solumina

She gets hurt because she is supposed to be away from the door when the cops come in, if someone in jail doesn't do that when they know the officers are coming in they get tackled, that is pretty fucking standard. It is a shame the video has no sound, I imagine the cops shouting at her to get away from the door would have made it a lot harder to sensationalize.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:08 PM   #9
JCC

Hey guys, I know it's fun to disagree with deadmanwalking_05, I enjoy it as much as the next guy, but trivialising police brutality so that you can feel like you one-upped the crazy hick again is a little far.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:12 PM   #10
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Hey guys, I know it's fun to disagree with deadmanwalking_05, I enjoy it as much as the next guy, but trivialising police brutality so that you can feel like you one-upped the crazy hick again is a little far.

Thank you,at least I'm not the only one that see's something wrong with this.

Old 09-28-2009, 04:33 PM   #11
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissGracie View Post
Who let her out of the kitchen? Where is her husband? Lol, just kidding. But now because of equal rights for women this is what can happen to us.
Yeah, having rights suck ass. WTF?

I assure you police brutality of women including r@pe existed before we got rights.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:38 PM   #12
creature6

Quote:
what?did you actually read what you wrote after writing it .You should always check before posting a comment to see if it's making sense.
Did you have your head on your shoulders when you wrote that.
that's a lot of ................
creature6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:56 PM   #13
Solumina

Saya+Creature: I believe the first bit was in jest and the point of the last bit was that since we have the same rights that we shouldn't be getting special treatment, in other words this shouldn't have been about a woman getting beaten but about a person.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:16 PM   #14
Saya

Yeah I figured out she was joking about the first part when she said "lol, just kidding", but I think you're giving MissGracie a bit too much credit there with the second part.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:30 AM   #15
CptSternn

I saw thew video. It is still nothing compared to what cops can legally do throughout the rest of the world. Again, its like the cry-babies in soccer who yell foul and grab their leg, compared to what happens to rugby players.

Watch Costa Del Street Crime - watch what the Spanish do all the time, legally, and compare the two.

Same happens here in Ireland - cops beat people. I have video of this on my YouTube page. It is a simple fact of life. And that video may show police acting a bit out of sorts with what they are supposed to be doing, but it is no means 'brutality'. She wasn't KO'ed, bleeding, and didn't have any scars. You should see what a group of cops with truncheons can do to a man.

Calling that video 'brutality' lesses the impact of real brutality. She took a small slap at best. Boo fucking hoo. Sure, she should sue them, but its not like they r@ped her with a plunger or beat her silly.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:48 AM   #16
JCC

Quote:
Calling that video 'brutality' lesses the impact of real brutality. She took a small slap at best. Boo fucking hoo. Sure, she should sue them, but its not like they r@ped her with a plunger or beat her silly.
That's entirely wrong. Refusing to call what happened in that video brutality simply because you watched a fucking TV show where worse things happen is idiotic; by declaring that smaller shows of violence from police aren't brutality because they can do much worse, you legitimise that violence, and that's bullshit.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:04 AM   #17
SweetJane

I never denied that police brutality is wrong; hence "why did you post this and not..."

I just don't think these miriad clips he's been posting give an acccurate account of historical and present police brutality. I felt the example I gave of Alexandros Grigoropoulos would have been a better story because it's a story of community action after the fact rather than just the story of a young man being brutalized (killed actually) because some cop had an ego problem.

If you'e going for the totally unprovoked attack of a citizen.. Ian Tomlinson is a perfect test case.

Anyway... why isn't there just a single "police brutality" thread if he's going to keep posting a bunch of threads on the same topic? I would be down for that discussion in general. I mean, what's the point of there not being a thread in the politics section to discuss the causes, dangers, and solutions to police brutalit?
Old 09-29-2009, 11:47 AM   #18
JCC

I wasn't talking about you, though it is pointless to ask someone in the News section not to post current happenings and instead to favour a discussion on an issue already long dead.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:16 PM   #19
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
That's entirely wrong. Refusing to call what happened in that video brutality simply because you watched a fucking TV show where worse things happen is idiotic; by declaring that smaller shows of violence from police aren't brutality because they can do much worse, you legitimise that violence, and that's bullshit.
I'm not legitimising anything, just pointing out this is a mild case at best of an abuse of police power.

And this isn't just 'based on something I watched on telly', I live in Europe. As I said, I am actively involved in many protests.

Since no one bothered to check the aforementioned website(s), here is a link to me getting beat by police with batons. Not watching, actively involved in being beaten while marching in a peaceful protest alongside residents in the area.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz0zYd93nfo
Old 09-30-2009, 03:11 AM   #20
JCC

What does that bear on this? I mean, sorry for you getting the shit kicked out of you and all, but why doesn't that just make you empathise more with other cases of police brutality? Responding to this thread with "That doesn't mean shit, look what happened to ME" like getting beaten up is a fucking competition is one of the most absurd and frightening things you've ever said.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:35 AM   #21
Delkaetre

I think perhaps we need to abandon this pissing-contest over whose cops are more likely to start acting with any degree of unnecessary violence and start looking more at the fact it happens *at all*.

There is an understandable absolute minimum necessary force- restraining a violent suspect, defending yourself from attack- but beyond simple restrait and self defence there's really no need for any violence.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:28 AM   #22
MissGracie

Haha, the last bit was just my most base and blunt thought response to the video title. Obviously it has many other points to it and my view on our rights is incredibly confusing, even to me. It's a work in progress seeing as I'm only 18.

I wasn't so much bashing the fact that we have rights, more so the fact that there are females out there that want EQUAL rights, when we should keep strong laws and things that protect women from things like police brutality.

But I suppose it doesn't matter to me, I'm not stupid enough to drive around drunk, I feel like enough of a danger when I'm driving normally. :P
MissGracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:02 AM   #23
Saya

Quote:
Haha, the last bit was just my most base and blunt thought response to the video title. Obviously it has many other points to it and my view on our rights is incredibly confusing, even to me. It's a work in progress seeing as I'm only 18.

I wasn't so much bashing the fact that we have rights, more so the fact that there are females out there that want EQUAL rights, when we should keep strong laws and things that protect women from things like police brutality.
Why just women? EVERYONE should be free from police brutality, including men, and I think the fight for equal rights covers that.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:46 AM   #24
CptSternn

What is in question here is what constitutes brutality. No one can hear what yer one is saying.

If your drunk, taking MY LIFE and the lives of MY FAMILY into your drunken hands - which you are if you are driving on MY ROADS, then fuck you.

More importantly, if you get arrested doing that, and act like a c.unt in the process and the cops give you a slap in the chops while your spouting off, then fuck you again - you deserve it.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:53 AM   #25
JCC

Quote:
What is in question here is what constitutes brutality. No one can hear what yer one is saying.

If your drunk, taking MY LIFE and the lives of MY FAMILY into your drunken hands - which you are if you are driving on MY ROADS, then fuck you.

More importantly, if you get arrested doing that, and act like a c.unt in the process and the cops give you a slap in the chops while your spouting off, then fuck you again - you deserve it.
Hey, fuck you. Why do you have any say what is brutality and what isn't? Police brutality is any use of force that exceeds necessity, such as, for example, slamming someone's face into a fucking wall. You come in here boasting with a video of you getting tapped on the knees with a baton and then have the nerve to say to other people that their ideas of what constitutes brutality is wrong? Go back to watching the TV, halfwit.