Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:35 PM   #1
Rae Ven Rae

Truth Or Lies

Like--it's my video ya'll (FINALLY DONE WITH IT!!!!!)--what do my peeps at G-net think?

http://my.break.com/profile/mypage.a...ickName=laidee

Please don't throw eggs--throw tomatoes...they're softer...
Rae Ven Rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:51 PM   #2
Cicero

It's pretty cool, I love your outfits in it! And I caught a glimpse of a rather sexy pair of boots.

The song's quite cool as well. Not to my usual tastes, but you're a great singer.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:45 PM   #3
Rae Ven Rae

Thanks Cicero! They almost didn't let me wear the final outfit but I fought for it...for personal reasons...lol...
Old 09-25-2007, 08:55 PM   #4
L'Oiseau Noir

Good God, I'm going to be singing this song for the rest of the evening!

Curse you Rae Ven Rae! Haha.

The song was really catchy in my opinion... good job! It's not easy catching my interest with music, as I'm very, very, very picky.

Again, kudos to you! n_n
L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:08 PM   #5
Rae Ven Rae

Awww thanks! I know my stuff leans heavily towards pop--I have a hybrid of influences both light and dark--sorta like me I guess..I dunno--bah that sounds stupid...
Old 09-26-2007, 05:13 AM   #6
TopHaggardDoll

THE SONG IS AMAZING!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!

You're excellent ^_^!
Old 09-26-2007, 08:00 AM   #7
LadyLucretia

Constructive criticism:

It's pretty good for the style you're going for. What sort of demographic are you looking to appeal to?

The creepy guy rapping kind of threw me off. I'm sorry, but it kind of made me giggle - like, he's trying to be so serious and creepy but he's still a white guy rapping .

I also felt like the song needed more "bottom," like adding a bass to it. Also, no offense, but I felt like a lot of the video was just you dancing around, which got a bit monotonous (and some of the angles were less than flattering). I liked when you were running around in the poufy skirt, or coming out of the building, or otherwise moving in more dramatic ways. Maybe take advantage of the dramatic clothing, and play with the fabric a bit more?

I also kept wondering where the guitarist was every time I heard the guitar part.

Also, the lighting was a bit inconsistent - sometimes too bright, sometimes too dark.

But all these are just nitpicks, really. I can't comment much on the music because it's not my style, but it does sound like you have a good voice.
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:14 AM   #8
NachtSorcier

I liked it. It's a catchy song and you are very nice-looking, I love the clothes and the hair. The guy's little rap ditty worked for the song, but when it actually showed him singing, I couldn't quite believe it. He just didn't fit his part exactly. But good job overall. Don't take this the wrong way, but you are what drag queens wish they could be. It's a compliment. Really.

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:28 AM   #9
Linen

You are very pretty & have a great voice, nice outfits! The music was out of sync with your lip syncing though... not sure who put them together but they need to smooth it out so it looks more natural.

A little too pop-ish for me, but it's refreshing and different & definitely catchy. The guy in the vid did seem a little over-done. If he had slightly less clownish makeup on (something more natural yet still gothy) he wouldn't look so goofy. Your makeup looked great.

I agree with LadyLucretia about the bass & the angles. I don't think the angles were so much unflattering as they were awkward... it seemed unnatural. It might be cooler if you don't look at the camera quite as much, but when you do act either like you're going to kill it or make love to it (or a combo of the two). I know that sounds weird, but your will draw people in more if you can make the right facial expressions.
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:50 AM   #10
Rae Ven Rae

Thanks Lucretia, Linen, Nacht, Doll ...! I so appreciate your feedback and agree with a lot of it--most of my friends who know me in real life said I look a bit heavier than normal due to some of the angles ( I tried to tell her not to keep the over head shots. I am top heavy with broad shoulders and a large chest so going downward will make me look heavy--also--I work out my arms so they can look big too with the wrong angles.)

As for expressions, I hear yah--I was so tired by the end of it though I stopped trying...LOL...the last shoot was twelve hours...doh!

The music on the CD actually had a real kewl bassline but skehow it is missing in this mix--doh!

They guy rapping was supposed to represent the dark thing I was running from hence him looking somewhat devilish...

Anyway, thanks, again I appreciate it-- such input is invaluable to me... see--this is why so many arist's get all diva-ish and be like, "Shoot me from the right side bitches...lol" Over time, they know what looks flattering and what doesn't...

You guys, as always, rawk!!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 10:28 AM   #11
TopHaggardDoll

I liked the wierd dude XD!
Old 09-26-2007, 11:27 AM   #12
Rae Ven Rae

Thanks! His name is Pete and he is a good bud of mine who plays in a *gasp* heavy metal band--who would have thunk it?