Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
KissMeDeadly

I got the shit beat out of me for arguing on Facebook.

Well, it was less arguing, and more telling my Marine cousin and his wife they are wrong.

They posted something to the effect of "Obama is the anti-christ and is starting a New World Order" complete with an infowars link.

They started by throwing 'facts' at me that I have never heard, and when asked to site their sources, they couldn't.

I may have also used the term "cock-mongler".

Well, he came to my place hulked-out and ready to brawl. But first he tried verbally defeating me by debate. He failed, at least in my opinion, because his wining argument was punching me several times in the head. He broke my nose and I hurt my back falling into my grandmother's living room table.

My question is, given that he is blood related and I grew up with him, should I press assault charges on this douche? Or just let the fact that I know he's a retarded fight-monkey be enough?
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
Alan

Damn, that's a tough question. But know that so far I applaud you. Either decision would be sensible to me.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:40 PM   #3
Murder.Of.Crows

Press charges.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:59 PM   #4
Fruitbat

Not sure what it's like in the States, but over here you can report it to police and then chose to follow up with court action.

Report it, most definately.

Cock-mongler - nice comeback *wink*

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:00 PM   #5
PorlNecklace

If I were the one to be assaulted personally, pressing charges would be my own opinionated preference. Although obviously, the local familial and jurisdictional variables at play in this predicament, are issues arbitrable solely through your own individual discretion. (my apologies for restating a good deal of nothing also, but being sympathetic towards your situation it was too difficult for me to just ignore this post entirely)
PorlNecklace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:53 PM   #6
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Call the police, after they talk to him he will think twice before assaulting you next time.
If this is the next time, then press charges.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:54 PM   #7
Catch

Totally arrest him and press charges. That is way out-of-line over a political debate. Even if name calling is involved he needs to learn how to calm the-fuck-down! There is no excuse for becoming violent.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:36 AM   #8
KissMeDeadly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
Totally arrest him and press charges. That is way out-of-line over a political debate. Even if name calling is involved he needs to learn how to calm the-fuck-down! There is no excuse for becoming violent.
I really think it's more of a dominance thing. I was the younger cousin he would always pick on, call stupid, beat up, rough house, etc. etc. from when we are kids. I have a GED and he's got some silly welding degree that he doesn't use from Community college, so he's always felt re-assured that at least I am below him.

And then I proved him wrong, called him a cock-mongler and asserted my intelligence over him.

Guess he had to prove his penis is bigger somehow or another.

But anyway, I think in the morning I will be filing that police report before my nose heals up so I've got some evidence.

I'm not sure if it's honestly broken but it and the area around it is bruised to the point of being purple. I've not been to hospital but I think I'll do so in the morning as well.

EDIT: I'd also point out he's one of those "FUCKIN' MARINE!!!" type marines. Lifts weights, talks about how tough he is, that kinda thing.

I guess he did prove he has superior killing-power though, considering I just kinda laid there flabergasted while he left. I'm a lover, not a fighter it seems.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:07 AM   #9
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
Call the police, after they talk to him he will think twice before assaulting you next time.
If this is the next time, then press charges.
Then all the more reason to do this^^^^^^

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:48 AM   #10
Jonathan

I think letting him in to your place was the part where you went wrong.

I mean aside from arguing politics with family, and throwing insults when you found their debating methods weren't up to *****.

Protip: Unfriending or hiding their posts is less likely to get your ass kicked in the future. Along with not allowing angry people into your home.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:00 AM   #11
Mr.Doobie

Press charges. Who's the big man now?
Mr.Doobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:03 PM   #12
Sinjob

Press charges on that motherfucker. Anyone who will assault you over something so irrational and fucking stupid deserves a punishment as radical and stupid as his actions.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:11 PM   #13
honeythorn

It was assault, you have proof. Press charges.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:59 PM   #14
Alan

KMD, are you latino?
real classy
Old 05-04-2011, 04:04 PM   #15
Despanan

Press Charges.

Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges.
Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges. Press Charges.

Seriously. That guy needs to be taught that violence is NOT how you solve differences of opinion. If he'd attack a FAMILY member like that, he's likely to try to kill someone like me. You'll be doing him a favor by showing him the consequences of his antisocial behavior.

PRESS CHARGES.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #16
Versus

Or worse: Call his commander or the MPs. Domestic violence charges will ruin his career.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lautenberg_Amendment
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #17
Despanan

That sounds like an excellent idea.

In fact, call both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:53 PM   #18
Mr.Doobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
That sounds like an excellent idea.

In fact, call both.
I agree. This post is too short so now I'm making it longer.

It is longer and I still agree.

Good day.
Mr.Doobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #19
KissMeDeadly

Well I spoke with the police today. Talked to them around 3:00 PM. They said they would go and talk to him to get his side of the story. Haven't heard anything else yet.

Also Jonathan I care for my grandparents so I let any family member in, I mean, they all want to come visit from time to time. And we always insult each other. It's just the way my family rolls, yo.

I forgot who asked, but no, I'm not latino. I'm a super-hip suburban white kid.

When he came over I really didn't even put the two things together. I honestly never though that anybody would consider the internet *that* much srs bidness.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:26 AM   #20
Ben Lahnger

Getting him kicked out of the Marines could incite more violence (he may feel he's got nothing to lose and he'll have lost his main outlet for aggression.) If there's a time in the future where he looks like he's going to be confrontational again, asking him how his command would react to him assaulting civilians should back him down.

Police was a good idea. That way it's on record.

*edit* - Oh, and don't push political or religious arguments with family, no matter how wrong or bull-headed their opinion may be, whether in real life or on the internet. Even when you win, you don't win.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:12 AM   #21
Alan

I was just asking the latino thing because I felt your question as a cultural thing. I can't imagine me pressing charges on anyone, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't.
real classy
Old 05-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #22
KissMeDeadly

Well I got a call today from the police department to follow up with my report.

The lady asked if I wanted to press charges since he admitted to attacking me.

I thought for a while, and I said no. I don't want to ruin his career. Yeah, he's a douche, but like what was pointed out here this could get back to his CO and he could get kicked out. He's got a kid and a wife to look after, so, I let it slide.

I haven't heard a word from him and he deleted me from facebook. C'est la vie I suppose.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:43 AM   #23
Still Jack

Burn his house down.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:18 AM   #24
ape descendant

...your cousin... lost an argument with you.. so he broke your face? Are you ok?

OT I always thought it was cock monger... kinda like whore monger... or fish monger...

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote