Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #6201
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Ben how long much would the store have to increase its performance in order to no longer be classified as "C class"? You wanted a chance to really show what you can do and improve the store and it looks like you've got you work cut out for you. Alternatively you could go work at a putt-putt course, I remember you saying that you thought it would be cool to work at a putt-putt place but that it wasn't really something you could do cuz the pay was so low but most of the ones that I know of start paying about what you are getting paid now.
It would have to average over 100 activations a month for 3 months, a number it's no where near performing at (it did just over 50 last month.) The company has had stiffs managing it since it opened in October of 2011. I'm getting punished for the company's previous bad personnel decisions in this location.

In the 3 weeks I've been managing it, I've identified problems with how the locations phone number and address was advertised on the company website, and got it corrected so customers might actually be able to find us.

I've also done a photo study of the lack of visibility from the passing streets due to the logo signs being too high up the building and being blocked by trees (most of the people who do come in comment that they've been coming by the store every day and had no way of telling what it is.)

I've identified that the store was open the wrong hours for being in the business district. I got approval to change the hours, and that takes effect tomorrow.

I've also identified that the parking lot fills up at lunch time due to two popular restaurants next door, and while the little bit of a foot-traffic rush we do get comes through around lunch time, the lack of parking keeps some people from coming.

I've been promised some "reserved parking" stand-up signs for in front of the store, but there is no timeline for when I'll actually get them. There is also an effort to get the logo signs moved lower to a more visible position, but who knows how long it will take before anything is actually done.

To give you an idea why I'm not hopeful about the speed of these projects, I've had a store showroom that has been sitting at about 78 to 80 degrees for two and a half weeks while we wait for corporate to get the AC Unit repaired. No sign of that happening soon.

I'm optimistic about my abilities when I have the chance to exert control over the impacting factors. Here, too much is out of my hands for me to make that turn around happen overnight.

And if I could make it happen overnight, it would still be 3 months before I got bumped back up to the previous pay level.

I don't think putt-putt is the answer ... but I definitely need a different job.

Thanks for the good thoughts, Solumina. Putt-putt could be my dream retirement job some day ... in Wisconsin, not Texas!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:35 AM   #6202
CarrionCorpse

Can't find anything to wear to the music festival I'm attending on Saturday...
Time to whip out the sewing machine and cut some old clothes up!
CarrionCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #6203
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Um, well I was working 65 hours a week, but he lives his job. On the other hand, he's still getting exactly what he was offered the day he signed up for that job. Less than one month after I signed up for my job, I'm not.

That "it's better than not having a job" comment doesn't work when $26k a year was going to let me get just a little bit ahead each payday, and the new $19.7k a year means I'm probably going to end up defaulting on the title loan on my car in short order. And once they come repo my car, I'll lose the job because I can't get to it any more.

My best window of opportunity to survive intact is to get a different job in the next two weeks.

Thanks for the perspective.
Well, if you don't mind getting shot at occasionaly, I know the perfect job for you.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:36 AM   #6204
Versus

Oh, by the way.

His job reserves the right to take his paycheck because he doesn't perform well enough.

And my unit's pay has been short the last few months. It's actually pretty common. The difference is we can't leave because we're not getting paid correctly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmmjn...eature=related
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:00 PM   #6205
MissCheyenne

People of London. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!?!?! Riots? Looting? WHAT THE SHITTING HELL? You hijack a peaceful protest and then go on the rampage, looting sporting goods shops and burning down furniture stores? I am ashamed to be English right now.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #6206
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
People of London. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!?!?! Riots? Looting? WHAT THE SHITTING HELL? You hijack a peaceful protest and then go on the rampage, looting sporting goods shops and burning down furniture stores? I am ashamed to be English right now.
What IS going on? A bunch of news sites are saying its angry anarchists, others say black men and I suspect that might be trying to slant it a certain way.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:33 PM   #6207
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
Oh, by the way.

His job reserves the right to take his paycheck because he doesn't perform well enough.

And my unit's pay has been short the last few months. It's actually pretty common. The difference is we can't leave because we're not getting paid correctly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmmjn...eature=related
That sucks being short paid.

Ben Agree about looking for another job. i hope your money stretches.

Cuckoo - write a letter of complaint. State the facts and what happened and put in the dates and times. It seriously sucks when this sort of thing happens. I've seen it a few times (having spent way too much time around hopsitals) but then I've also taken it out on the nursing staff and they just don't give a fuck anyway (or they come up with some sort of stupid excuse)

Saya - according to our media the idiots doing the looting in London are a bunch of middle class folks who are using social media to arrange what store to go after next. Fuckin' losers!

Oh and for the record, I'm going to have to virus scan my computer for the next 30 minutes because of g.net and the adds - although they don't know what to put up because I've been surfing the web for sillicone removing - ha!

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #6208
Grausamkeit

Cuckoo, that sucks saggy balls! One of the things that spurred me into the decision to go into nursing was seeing how the nurses at the hospice and hospital were treating my grandmother. Of course, I am never shy about 'bugging' the doctors or nurses in a hospital. It is their job to keep the family informed. When I would visit my grandmother in the hospital before she died I was always asking the staff about diet restrictions or what the doctors wanted to do. I did not like the attitude of the staff at the hospice. Most of them seemed cold and indifferent to the people they were supposed to be caring for. People should not treat people the way those nurses treated your mom. Nurses are supposed to be compassionate, not indifferent. When someone goes into a profession solely for the money it always shows. Write a letter of complaint, or sure...whatever you need to do to get the situation settled.

Ben, be water, my friend.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:49 AM   #6209
MissCheyenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
What IS going on? A bunch of news sites are saying its angry anarchists, others say black men and I suspect that might be trying to slant it a certain way.
From what I understand so far, there was a peaceful protest at the weekend, by the family and friends of a man who was killed in a police shooting at the end of last week. It was then hijacked and people have just gone on the rampage, setting fires, attacking people and looting stores. Overnight it started to spread outside the capital and there were disturbances in other cities across the UK. It's fucking disgusting, it isn't about politics or protest anymore, it's just about mindless violence.

I am your slice of pie
Old 08-09-2011, 07:57 AM   #6210
CuckooTuli

Thanks for the input, guys. I've written an extremely bitchy and peevish letter, and feel a lot better now.

Re: the riots - I really hate the way that some people just have to turn legitimate reasons for anger and protest into violence for violence's sake. It makes it so easy for the reactionary and scantily informed to simply decide that "protestors" (the number of Facebook statuses I've seen linking these riots with the attack on Tory HQ at the student fee-raising protests is extremely depressing) are simply animals looking for any excuse to kick off. Fucking dick move.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:58 AM   #6211
MissCheyenne

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Mum's got some kind of infection and it's utterly wiped her out. She's barely been out of bed all week and the anti biotics don't seem to be helping at all. Neither do the painkillers. I've had the doctor out twice this week to see her and I'm not sure what to do now. She keeps crying because she says she feels like she's burdening me and I just feel so helpless

I am your slice of pie
Old 08-14-2011, 12:03 PM   #6212
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Mum's got some kind of infection and it's utterly wiped her out. She's barely been out of bed all week and the anti biotics don't seem to be helping at all. Neither do the painkillers. I've had the doctor out twice this week to see her and I'm not sure what to do now. She keeps crying because she says she feels like she's burdening me and I just feel so helpless
*hugz*

Sorry your mom is going through that, MissC.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #6213
MissCheyenne

I feel so helpless though and it doesn't help that none of my brothers or sisters (of which I have FIVE) are doing anything to help. I don't expect a lot from them but even just coming and sitting with Mum for a few hours to keep her company would help, even if they didn't help with any of the more practical aspects such as shopping, cleaning, helping Mum in the bath etc etc. They just keep telling me they have jobs and lives and can't spare the time.

I am your slice of pie
Old 08-14-2011, 12:16 PM   #6214
CuckooTuli

Hope your mum gets on the mend soon, MC. PM me if you want to talk or just vent to someone who's been there - not trying to get all "been there, done that" about it, but I do understand the frustration and helplessness of watching someone suffer and knowing they're feeling guilty about inconveniencing YOU. I really hope your brothers and sisters pull their finger out soon. People often surprise you in such circumstances - and not always in the good way. It depends entirely on how you think they'll take it and what kind of people they are, but maybe it's time to allow yourself to lose your shit and point out that YOU have a life and a job and a child, but someone has to do it and they are being grossly unfair and selfish by fucking off when the going gets tough?

Also, don't forget to take care of yourself, as soon as you get enough help to make that a possibility. And don't you dare feel guilty about it either - just remember, it'll probably help your mum deal with her worry about being a burden if she can see you keeping up with your own life and friends as far as possible.

EDIT: Just as soon as your siblings stop being selfish dickholes, obviously. I hope the wait on that isn't too long.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:19 PM   #6215
MissCheyenne

I already lost my shit at one of my sisters because SHE FUCKING STOLE FROM MUM WHEN SHE WAS LAYING IN A HOPSITAL BED. Guess it shows what kind of person she is anyway. She stole money from her to go out drinking. A grown woman stealing from her own mother so she could go out partying with her friends. Makes me fucking sick.

EDIT: My sister is 25, so not a teenager going through that typical, horribly selfish stage of life.

I am your slice of pie
Old 08-14-2011, 12:34 PM   #6216
CuckooTuli

Jesus... maybe it's time to skip the tantrum and just cut to the sucker-punching. Sorry to hear you can't count on your family. I hope the others are marginally better than that - any chance one or more of them might respond positively to a verbal bitch-slap?
Old 08-14-2011, 12:37 PM   #6217
MissCheyenne

I'm hoping that the other four might respond better. As for the other one, she's a waste of the air she breathes. Harsh because she's my sister but true. She's always pulling shitty stunts, such as turning up pissed out of her mind at five am, with four friends in tow, kicking me out of my bed so they could sleep in it while mum was recovering from having a pretty brutal biopsy done. It should be noted that she doesn't even live here.

She's a selfish bitch through and through and if I'm honest, I'm ashamed to have to call her my sister.

I am your slice of pie
Old 08-14-2011, 12:59 PM   #6218
Grausamkeit

MissC, if it was me I would have already come to blows with that sibling. My youngest sister is actually a lot bigger than me in height and weight, but she is afraid of pissing me off. You need to find a way to strike fear into that selfish girl's heart. Set boundaries and let her know that if she comes around looking for a place to sleep in the wee hours that you will call the cops on her for disturbing the peace.

Say or do whatever you have to do to get your more reasonable siblings to visit your mom. Shame the hell out of them or lay the biggest guilt trips of their lives on them. You're taking care of your mother and they are not allowed to be selfish dickholes. Who could just shrug off visiting the woman who brought them into this world in her time of need. What kind of person could just leave something like that completely up to one person? It's not right. Do what you have to to get them to get off their asses. Out of 5 other kids there has to be at least one or two more who would help out.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:03 PM   #6219
MissCheyenne

See, I get that all of them have jobs and lives and in the case of some of them, families of their own to take care of but isn't fair. That's not to say I mind taking care of my mum, I don't but I do mind the fact that none of them seem interested in offering any kind of help at all. They seem to forget that I also have a job and a life as well and they seem to see it as my responsibilty because I'm the oldest girl and I should just suck it up and get on with it.

I am your slice of pie
Old 08-14-2011, 01:10 PM   #6220
Grausamkeit

They need to suck it up and help. If you have any form of guilt or blackmail to lay on your siblings, now would be the time for it. And no, it's not beneath me to do that to my own siblings. As the eldest it's my right to coerce them into doing the right thing(whatever that is).

I'm actually surprised that they wouldn't help of their own accord. My own family are a bunch of assholes for the most part, but when shit gets tough we've always pulled together in the past.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:29 PM   #6221
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
MissC, if it was me I would have already come to blows with that sibling. My youngest sister is actually a lot bigger than me in height and weight, but she is afraid of pissing me off. You need to find a way to strike fear into that selfish girl's heart. Set boundaries and let her know that if she comes around looking for a place to sleep in the wee hours that you will call the cops on her for disturbing the peace.

Say or do whatever you have to do to get your more reasonable siblings to visit your mom. Shame the hell out of them or lay the biggest guilt trips of their lives on them. You're taking care of your mother and they are not allowed to be selfish dickholes. Who could just shrug off visiting the woman who brought them into this world in her time of need. What kind of person could just leave something like that completely up to one person? It's not right. Do what you have to to get them to get off their asses. Out of 5 other kids there has to be at least one or two more who would help out.
This. That selfish bitch needs a fucking reality check made of bitch slap, and the other guys really need to pull their heads out of their asses and start pitching in.

It's never been an issue in my family (LOT of brothers and no sisters), but I've definitely noticed the way the girls often get stuck with this kind of heavy lifting in other families when it comes to parents and older family members. It is not fucking cool and you should guilt the ever-loving shit out of every last one of them until they pull their goddamn weight. You ALL have lives and responsibilities - family isn't about shunting your crap onto the nearest available member, it's about pulling together and sharing the burden. Don't let them forget that for one second. If you try and carry the can for everyone, you will eventually burn out. I saw the same thing happen to my girlfriend when her mom got sick, and almost came to blows with her older brother because she was too nice to kick up a mess about it. She was shambling around like a zombie while that asshole dropped in for a couple hours once a week... joke is he was the blue-eyed boy and got the whole, "Oh son, it's so good of you to give up your weekend to come sit with your ol' Mom" spiel. Sickening shit.

Also, yes, take care of yourself. You need to stay in good shape so we can start building our porn empire.

Hope your mom's feeling better soon. Seriously, chew those guys out - this is really not cool.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:09 PM   #6222
Geoluhread

I got so pissed off today that I'm not able to eat properly.. And the thing I already tried to eat I feel is gonna come out of me of either ends (sorry for the graphic image).

I'm dealing with one of the worst people I ever dealt with in my life and that guy feels that earth revolves around him, that everyone should work by the protocol when he, himself, isn't.

You either work with the protocol or don't. He's judging the trainees for fails in following the rules that originally came from him (delays in official papers that led to delays on when should we start).

He blames the center at which I'm training in on why we finished so early when he didn't mention how long should we train. And now I don't even know if I'm gonna pass this. If I don't bye bye scholarship.

That of course other than the hell he put me and my best friend through last year.

Worst effin month so far.
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:17 PM   #6223
Grausamkeit

Geo, is there a way to report that teacher?

Old 08-14-2011, 02:24 PM   #6224
Geoluhread

The dean is quite fond of him, so sadly, no.
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:16 PM   #6225
Grausamkeit

Oh, that sucks. I hope you can stick it out and pass so that you don't have to deal with this asshole anymore.