Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:38 AM   #26
Saya

Oh, my mistake.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:00 PM   #27
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf moon View Post
Why does makeup automatically equal animal testing? I have a bathroom and train case full of totally vegan products.
I guess you mean products that specifically say they were not tested on animals. Those products use formulas that were already known to be benign to humans by previous testing. Basically think of a company that creates a new foundation that was tested on animals first to know if it would have an adverse chemical reaction, which it did at first and many pigs and bunnies died in the name of that foundation.
Then another company makes the same, now tested, formula and sells their own foundation. They said "well, we didn't harm any animals" but they're still selling a product that wouldn't have existed if another company hadn't tried it with animal experimentation.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:38 PM   #28
KissMeDeadly

Solution: Use berries and shit to make your own makeup.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:12 PM   #29
wolf moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I guess you mean products that specifically say they were not tested on animals. Those products use formulas that were already known to be benign to humans by previous testing. Basically think of a company that creates a new foundation that was tested on animals first to know if it would have an adverse chemical reaction, which it did at first and many pigs and bunnies died in the name of that foundation.
Then another company makes the same, now tested, formula and sells their own foundation. They said "well, we didn't harm any animals" but they're still selling a product that wouldn't have existed if another company hadn't tried it with animal experimentation.
...no, I don't. I'm sure you didn't mean to be patronizing, but I did mean what I said. There is plenty of makeup out there that is handmade, from natural ingredients, by people developing their own mixes and recipes. It's not just a choice between "currently testing" and "used to test" anymore.
wolf moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:37 PM   #30
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMeDeadly View Post
Solution: Use berries and shit to make your own makeup.
What is this shit? Do you want us to look like cave women?

I'll stick with my store bought shit.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:04 PM   #31
wolf moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
What is this shit? Do you want us to look like cave women?

I'll stick with my store bought shit.
I once made cheek tint from roasted beets! It was sorta fun. But then, I'm okay with being a cave woman, so disregard if you wish. (I also just really like making things.)
wolf moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:47 PM   #32
Grausamkeit

I was being facetious like Deadly.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:04 PM   #33
AshleyO

http://gizmodo.com/5844706/this-90-s...eradicate-aids

This is even more promising.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote