Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

View Poll Results: Your Rating on the Movie
0-1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 1 12.50%
5 2 25.00%
6 0 0%
7 3 37.50%
8 1 12.50%
9 1 12.50%
10+ 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2006, 09:54 PM   #1
angel_dark_demon_bright

Underworld 2: Evolution

Ok. So i went on sunday a week or so ago to see the new Underworld movie. The movie got great reveiws from our entire group. I liked it as well. My favorite moment being when Selene throws Marcus into the still quickly spinning helicopter blades and seeing him disintegrate in a spinning mess of blood and guts.

But it seems to be that with this being a sequal that they felt they had something to prove to the original underworld fans. I liked the first one but most of the main ideas that were required to make the ending work, it didnt seem like they put enough emphasis on. Such as Selene's attraction to Micheal. It wasnt apparent until the end. This was made a little more obvious in the second one by the sex scene in the cargo container in the middle of the movie.

Still it was a very good movie. On a scale of one to ten i gave it a nine.
angel_dark_demon_bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:45 PM   #2
Demonista_Ravenesque

In my opinion, it wasn't too different from the first one really.

It was more of an "upgrade" I shall put it, Kate looks really nice in the film the the film lacks originality. The effects aren't too bad so I'll vote a 6.

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:41 AM   #3
mortalitas incomitatus

not as good as the first they tried too hard.
but kate is sexy.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 10:48 AM   #4
WolfMoon

I haven't seen all of it yet.

I did like the fact that it was a smooth transition from 1 to 2, though.

And as for Selene not being attracted to Micheal til the end of the first, I thought it was obvious when she brought him to the vampire lair. She didn't have to be in such close contact with him if she didn't want to.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 04:02 PM   #5
Demon Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonista_Ravenesque
In my opinion, it wasn't too different from the first one really.

It was more of an "upgrade" I shall put it, Kate looks really nice in the film the the film lacks originality. The effects aren't too bad so I'll vote a 6.

Agreed. Not just that it wasn't to much different, but something was lacking. Can't really explain what "it" is right now, but it's just something......can't place my finger on it. Overall i give it a 5.
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 08:01 AM   #6
angel_dark_demon_bright

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
And as for Selene not being attracted to Micheal til the end of the first, I thought it was obvious when she brought him to the vampire lair. She didn't have to be in such close contact with him if she didn't want to.
Well to me, it seemed like she brought him their until she could figure out why Lucian wanted him. Not because she was attracted to him.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:45 AM   #7
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_dark_demon_bright
Well to me, it seemed like she brought him their until she could figure out why Lucian wanted him. Not because she was attracted to him.
That could be, but why not just set him up in a safe place where the Lycan wouldn't find him then? Why would she get so personally involved with watching him if someone else could do it?
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 03:32 PM   #8
Pathogen.

Saw the 1st "Underworld" 3 years ago with my ex-squatmate Tony. Thought it was horrible. An obvious "Blade" rip-off, down to the special visual effects & Goth-Indust styled costumes. That's what made me avoid this new sequel to "Underworld". I figured if the 1st flick was horrible & derivative, this one was going to be, too. However, there were 2 things that attracted me to the 1st "Underworld" flick, though:

*The plot: Vampires versus Werewolves. I like Horror flicks containing either.

*Seeing Kate Beckinsale in tight black PVC. She was hot. Fully.
Pathogen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 03:39 PM   #9
Disfunction

An obvious Blade rip-off?

....how?

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:52 PM   #10
Circle V

I believe that he's referring to the cinematography in particular as being similar to that in the Blade series.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:57 PM   #11
Disfunction

Yeah, I just don't really think that things like that should be thought exclusive to the Blade movies... I mean, for one, the special effects, in my opinion, were superior... and the style of dress is, well, typical of the vampire "scene."

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:30 AM   #12
angel_dark_demon_bright

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
That could be, but why not just set him up in a safe place where the Lycan wouldn't find him then? Why would she get so personally involved with watching him if someone else could do it?
She did. She took him to the interrorgation place, handcuffed him to the chair and left him to go speak with Viktor. There wasn't really anyone else she could trust at the mansion.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:37 AM   #13
angel_dark_demon_bright

And i cant see how Underworld was a rip-off of Blade. Yes there were similarities but thats because they were movies of the same general genre.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:38 PM   #14
KeltikAon

I just didn't care for Underworld Evolution. It wasn't horrible, it was just so....mediocre. I didn't like the way that the plot moved at the speed of a garden slug for most of the movie. I thought the special effects weren't as good as in the first one. I also had some issues with the way Michael's character was handled. In the first movie the vampires treated him as the AntiChrist and then the second movie it was practically a non issue. The best thing about the movie was the way it immediately took up the storyline from the first one.

I gave it a 4.
KeltikAon is offline   Reply With Quote