Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:54 AM   #5701
Ben Lahnger

OH SHIT!

My sister keeps posting her extreme-right-wing conservative-Christian stuff on Facebook, and I keep not responding for the sake of peace in the family ... only occasionally making the general post asking everybody to not get too fervent in their political rantings among friends and family.

But now she's gone and LIKED the "Atlas Shrugged" page on Facebook!

CRAP! Must resist typing pissed off rant ... or gloating over movie failure.

FUCK!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:16 AM   #5702
honeythorn

My father just told me we have a small bees nest in one of our old birdboxes. It's right up the corner of the garden out of the way.

But there is a problem. My Mother. She is absolutely convinced that anyone who sets foot through the gate to the upper garden will be stung to death instantly. She wants the nest gone and say's if me or father don't get rid of it, she will try to get it down herself and burn it ( and them )

She's such a fucking bitch, I seriously think I honestly hate her sometimes ( oh don't get me started...)

The only thing I can think of to save them, is to go up there in the evening when they're all in, chuck a towel over the box, and whip it out of there - it's not nailed down just sitting on a ledge.

I was thinking I could perhaps take it up the fields and find somewhere to wedge the box, then run like the wind in case I've pissed them off. There is a small amount of green belt woodland separating the fields ,and it's still close to people's homes and gardens so there will be flowers and food for them .

I'm so angry at mother . I am a little afraid of bees but I would be happy for them to inhabit the box. It's a small nest and they haven't harmed anyone so far.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:46 AM   #5703
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrionCorpse View Post
It's not a huge deal, just have to have a quick hand before I get too woozy. Haha
It is the oddest phobia, I swear.
And I think we all fear Kontons threat....
Haha
Dude, it's not a real phobia, you'll be fine.
It's made up so that people get to say "it's the oddest phobia, I swear."
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #5704
PorlNecklace

Woo, thank god "extreme-right wing-conservative Christians" can be just as funny as they are annoying at times though. One day in 10th grade I bringing my Koran to class, and setting off a "reading that book will summon Satan, it happened to a friend of mine" tirade. While being "the bee boy" back in elementary school, share your concern too honeythorn. Care for most insects in general actually, save centipedes, which send me off running and screaming..
PorlNecklace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #5705
CarrionCorpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
Dude, it's not a real phobia, you'll be fine.
It's made up so that people get to say "it's the oddest phobia, I swear."
Yeah, so when I throw up when I see shit like that it's because I'm faking and just LOVE to vomit.
I rarely tell people about it.
Once on the random fact about you thing a while back, and once now is all I've mentioned it.

And I didn't make a huge deal about it either, just mentioned it made me feel sick and I had to cover it.
CarrionCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:10 PM   #5706
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Yeah, so when I throw up when I see shit like that it's because I'm faking and just LOVE to vomit.
I rarely tell people about it.
Once on the random fact about you thing a while back, and once now is all I've mentioned it.

And I didn't make a huge deal about it either, just mentioned it made me feel sick and I had to cover it.
Easily baited, too.
U A WINNER.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:13 PM   #5707
CarrionCorpse

Okay?
I'M WINNING.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:38 PM   #5708
PorlNecklace

Just discovered two minutes ago, that the last surviving soldier who fought in WWI, passed away today. And as such am super bummed out, seeing as his generation was that which truly shaped the modern world as we now know it; towards which the majority of contemporary society seems disinterested and ignorant of. Truly a lost generation.. Requiescat In Pace, Claude Choules http://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news...n-dies-at-110-
Old 05-05-2011, 12:41 PM   #5709
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
My father just told me we have a small bees nest in one of our old birdboxes. ...

But there is a problem. My Mother. ... She wants the nest gone and say's if me or father don't get rid of it, she will try to get it down herself and burn it ( and them )
Do you think she will seriously attempt this? If she's that afraid of them, I suspect it's an empty thread and she's just trying to goad you and your father into action. What would happen if neither of you do anything?

Quote:
The only thing I can think of to save them, is to go up there in the evening when they're all in, chuck a towel over the box, and whip it out of there - it's not nailed down just sitting on a ledge.
I really wouldn't do this if I were you. They're not hurting anyone, and if anyone is going to get stung for moving or disturbing them, shouldn't it be your mother?

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 05-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #5710
honeythorn

Ben - Yes. She's always been a horrible vindictive old bitch and despite having arthritis, she will climb onto that bit of raised bed armed with gloves and get it down.

And while I often feel I hate my mother for her irrational behavioural problems , I don't wish to see her die or suffer. She has asthma and angina on top of the arthritis ( and is registered disabled as a result ).

Being stung would very likely cause either an angina or asthma attack, and she could fall and not be able to get up if she attempted it when my father and I are at work ( she struggles to walk well on bad days ) .

I'll have to move them in the late evening. Father taped over the hole on the front when he first spotted them hanging about and going in, in order to discourage them. But the box is old and warped, and they've found a small gap on the lid to squeeze through.

I figure a BIG thick towel held really tight over the whole thing should keep them in while I leg it to the fields. I'll have to find an area beforehand so I'm not rushing about with a boxfull of pissed off bees.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:50 PM   #5711
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
OH SHIT!

My sister keeps posting her extreme-right-wing conservative-Christian stuff on Facebook, and I keep not responding for the sake of peace in the family ... only occasionally making the general post asking everybody to not get too fervent in their political rantings among friends and family.

But now she's gone and LIKED the "Atlas Shrugged" page on Facebook!

CRAP! Must resist typing pissed off rant ... or gloating over movie failure.

FUCK!
Be my friend on facebook Ben... What is it with sisters? I've got three and only one of them is cool.

HT - can't you contact a local beekeeping group and see if they will remove it for you? That's what we do in Oz.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #5712
honeythorn

I've had a look and there is a beekeeping society nearby, but from the looks of it they don't remove nests. There are notices for keepers who want swarms, to start a new hive I would presume. But ours isn't a swarm , just a small nest in the birdbox. I have seen a wild swarm and it was fucking massive

I don't want to call the council to remove it, as they will simply destroy the bees , as they fall under pest control like wasps ( which they shouldn't ) . Bee populations are declining here so I would like to save them if I can. I'll just have to be seriously careful and bloody fast with the towel .

I'm going to scout out a good place up the fields near me to put the box where it won't get trashed by chavs or anything.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:50 PM   #5713
Ben Lahnger

Take in a partner when you undertake this, in case something goes wrong.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 05-05-2011, 09:54 PM   #5714
Fruitbat

Quote:
I've had a look and there is a beekeeping society nearby, but from the looks of it they don't remove nests. There are notices for keepers who want swarms, to start a new hive I would presume. But ours isn't a swarm , just a small nest in the birdbox. I have seen a wild swarm and it was fucking massive

I don't want to call the council to remove it, as they will simply destroy the bees , as they fall under pest control like wasps ( which they shouldn't ) . Bee populations are declining here so I would like to save them if I can. I'll just have to be seriously careful and bloody fast with the towel .

I'm going to scout out a good place up the fields near me to put the box where it won't get trashed by chavs or anything.
Maybe you could call them and ask them about if they know of anyone who knows anyone who would want them.

I'm sure they would be pretty well connected - or at least be able to give you hints on how to do it safely - pick their brains about it.

Old 05-06-2011, 06:49 PM   #5715
Versus

I'm seriously considering punching my wife in the face if I see her again.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:11 PM   #5716
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
I'm seriously considering punching my wife in the face if I see her again.
Oh.. that sounds serious. You don't want to do that, you'll get in too much trouble.

Go a few rounds in the boxing ring - that will help.

Old 05-06-2011, 07:14 PM   #5717
PorlNecklace

Am afraid that I narrowly avoided being mugged last night Was derping through my campus's unlit forest at midnight, cellphone at home, whilst singling loudly along to Rozz Williams "Accept The Gift Of Sin".. While about to turn a corner noticed that one of the many childsized large stones/ tiny boulders was in fact some guy crouching in mimic of one. Needless to say I ran out of there as fast as fucking possible.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:56 PM   #5718
Murder.Of.Crows

My compy blew up about 2 days ago. Which really sucks because the warranty is up and a replacement costs about 1200. Luckily I had an old HP under my bed, but there goes my video games.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:12 AM   #5719
CarrionCorpse

My body is so sore I can barely move and I don't know why.
I'm stuck at work for the next six hours, and then I have to go help my dad paint his house.
All I want to do is sleep so I can't feel the pain.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #5720
Pineapple_Juice

I'm sick of:
-squeaking by every month (if I'm lucky)
-very slowly slipping further into debt
-hating everyone and not having any control over it
-not having any patience for anything
-my house being in such total disrepair
-always feeling exhausted no matter what
-having no friends and not doing anything except working and watching tv
-being too slow and stupid to hold any job except the shitty one I've had for the past 2 years
-slowly gaining weight
-feeling miserable all the time for no reason
-always finding a way to piss off SOMEONE no matter what choice I make
-having absolutely no clue how to make friends

But the biggest thing that bothers me is that I never had the chance to go out and have fun and LIVE when I was a teen, and now that I have the independence to do so everyone's telling me it's time for me to grow up and be responsible. I missed my chance to live and I'm not even 22 yet.

What a waste. PS I'm on the rag so if this post seems angsty then that's what I'll blame it on.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:29 PM   #5721
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
But the biggest thing that bothers me is that I never had the chance to go out and have fun and LIVE when I was a teen, and now that I have the independence to do so everyone's telling me it's time for me to grow up and be responsible. I missed my chance to live and I'm not even 22 yet.
I know the feeling. I feel like I've been wasting my youth, sometimes.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:47 PM   #5722
PorlNecklace

As a 19 year old who had no friends throughout all of High School and has yet to have his first kiss, let alone enter a first romantic relationship. The fear of having wasted ones youth is something I can associate with entirely, all too well. What social freedoms I've just recently acquired, myself being pressured to relinquish for maturity's sake additionally. But so long as there are people in similar situations, hopefully we might succeed in co-optively pulling ourselves out of this conundrum instead.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:49 PM   #5723
CarrionCorpse

I keep thinking about how two of my frends are joining the military.
I'm terrifed they'll die, and if they don't I'm terrified they'll come back different people.
I'm just scared for them.
We're having a big party for them before they go off, and I know I'll probably get really trashed and tell them what I think of them going away like that.
I'm sure I'll make a total fool of myself.
Good thing I have a few months before all this I guess...
Old 05-07-2011, 11:14 PM   #5724
M.Valdemar

Quote:
I keep thinking about how two of my frends are joining the military.
I'm terrifed they'll die, and if they don't I'm terrified they'll come back different people.
I'm just scared for them.
We're having a big party for them before they go off, and I know I'll probably get really trashed and tell them what I think of them going away like that.
I'm sure I'll make a total fool of myself.
Good thing I have a few months before all this I guess...
What makes you think your reaction will be foolish?

I feel the same way and don't even know them...
M.Valdemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:24 PM   #5725
CarrionCorpse

I know I'll get all emotional and cry, and probably try to talk them out of it.
I know it's what they want though.
But I feel the second they have to actually go into it they'll feel it was a mistake.
I'm scared that one of them might not come back home to all of their friends and family.
And I don't have many friends, let alone people I even like talking to.
I'm close to the several people I hang out with, and we're pretty tight knit,
I don't know what would happen if we lost someone...