Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 12-19-2007, 05:20 AM   #1
CptSternn

Angry The Simpsons Game

Worst game ever.

Luckily, I rented this before buying, so I didn't get robbed on this one.

The gameplay sucks. The camera sucks. The puzzles suck.

You can't jump like a normal game - the distances seem to change so you can't get a feel for the controls.

The camera angels are the worst I have ever seen. On top of that, you can't do a 360 spin - the camera tends to do its own thing, at the most inopportune times. More than once I'd be running in one direction, then find myself running backwards because the camera magically changed positions. This happens when trying to do complex and simple moves making the controls a big pain to even maneuver.

The puzzles were insanely hard the first time through. There are no clues, and since many use scenery, which all looks the same, you have to sit there for 10 minutes (or like me and my mates just go online and read the walkthru instead of wasting your time with this crap game) just to figure out what exactly your supposed to be doing and what you are supposed to be doing it with.

The cut scenes and voice overs are good, but thats the only part the game designers didn't do.

Anyone else think this game really, really sucked?
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 06:25 AM   #2
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Yep from what I heard in the reviews they screwed up possibly the last chance for a good simpsons game.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:46 AM   #3
CptSternn

Don't get me wrong, the storyline is feckin brilliant. The animators did bits in between each level which contained all new Simpsons stuff. The material was BRILLIANT and very funny. The graphics are amazing - you can walk around a virtual springfield - everything is included!

But the gameplay SUCKS! It sucks BAD! The camera is VERY annoying from the moment you start - it moves on it's own and if you try and adjust it, it usually makes it worse - not to mention it 'resets' so you start to pan one way and then WHAM your looking at some odd angle and you never get what you are looking for.

This becomes a HUGE problem when trying to jump across multiple moving platforms and grab small poles and what-not. It games some parts of the game damn near impossible - you just jump and pray - since you can't see where your supposed to aim and the camera won't pan.

If they had fixed that, this game might not suck so bad.

...but it does.

This is combined with the fact they have VERY intricate puzzles, which you have to solve on a timer, with no help and no idea what you are supposed to be doing.

So you find yourself trying to jump around without seeing where, to get to puzzles you have no clue on how to solve or what items in the background you are supposed to use - and they give you like 1 minute to get it done, else you start the whole level over.

It's sad this game with such potential sucked this bad.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:49 AM   #4
Methadrine

I like it. Except for the friggin' camera... They even had time to fix that (just look at the enormous posts about the camera from the demo) but sadly didn't. Otherwise it's a great game for any serious Simpsonist.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:47 AM   #5
fiends

If it's based upon the movie, it's not worth the cash. @_@
I seriously hated spending five of my dollars on that film.
fiends is offline   Reply With Quote