Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 05-12-2007, 06:20 AM   #1
The Mystic Moon

Vampires in movies

I hope this sort thread hasn't already been started, if so sorry.

I love to see vampires in movies, especialy the woman. I was wondering if we could start a list of films with vampires in them and how good you thought that film was. These are the films i've watched and am looking for others.

Blood the last vampire: Anime
Underworld
The Mystic Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:12 AM   #2
Minyaliel

Nosferatu (wonderful movie)
Any Dracula movie
Interview with the Vampire (duh)
Queen of the Damned (haven't seen it, it's said to be horrible)
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:23 PM   #3
Caught

Most of the time I think vampires are given a rather ridiculous picture in movies, anyway one of the only one's I like is Underworld because it keeps it's dignity. Don't forget the blade movies either, altho it's not really my genre. Van hellsing is ok too.
Caught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:01 PM   #4
Cicero

Everything Minyaliel said + The Lost Boys and the Hunger, and if you're into the older stuff and feel like tracking down something obscure, check out 1922's (or was it '23...?) 'Vampyr'.

Oh and Bela Lugosi's Dracula is a necessity.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:46 PM   #5
JuliaSeizure

The Vampire is usually depicted as this beautiful fantastic creature that drips with romance and sensuality behind the monstrosity that he/she really is. Well...that's fine. Who doesn't like a hot Vampire? LOL

I love Nosferatu both with Max Schreck and Klaus Kinski.
The Countess, Dracula is another good one as is Vampire Journals (directed by Ted Nicolaou).

And not necessarily Vampiric, DArio Argento's "Suspiria" is a MUST SEE!! Trust-you won't forget it.
JuliaSeizure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:39 PM   #6
Elf

Underworld works reasonably well for this, although it had a typical violence to it, and as I like to describe it as an "interesting composition of black." It doesn't earn any rewards in my head for acting or story, but I loved the costuming and makeup on the vampire extras.
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:21 PM   #7
KontanKarite

Vampire movies are disappointing. They became horrible after Interview. Interview IS the standard.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:05 AM   #8
wishcat

I love Vampire movies, even all the chessy ones.
If you like anime, there is tsukihime lunar legend. There is also Hellsing and Moon Phase, those are pretty good in my opinion.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:05 PM   #9
Vyvian Blackthorne

Good goth I MUST say Nosferatu, the Hunger, The Lost Boys, Hammer Dracula films, Nadja, Nosferatu the Vamprye, the Vampire Lovers, Lust for a Vampire, Interview with a Vampire, Queen of the Damned, Begotten, Suspira (not a vampire film, but it has a gothic mood toward it), Vampyr, gothic expressionism or per say 'neo-expressionism'-imagery is a big thing. Yes, I am a Vampire freak (no relation to the current Industrial and no real goth site)

Goth Forever
Old 05-14-2007, 05:46 PM   #10
Underwater Ophelia

Honestly, I thought Underworld was a really shitty movie. I like the soundtrack a lot, but I just thought the movie was stupid. Toward the end, I could barely keep from falling asleep.

I do like Interview a whole lot though, and I have to admit, I really like Queen of the Damned. I don't think it was the best movie ever made, and it wasn't really true to the books, but it's entertaining to watch, so I like it.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:49 PM   #11
chelseagirl

Well, I LOVE vampire movies. My favorites are:

Razorblade Smile
Sangre Eterna (Eternal Blood)
Kindred: The Embraced
BTVS
Ultraviolet (the U.K. series, NOT the U.S. movie)
The Forsaken
Near Dark
Underworld
Dracula: The Dark Prince
Vampire Journals
Blade Trilogy
Interview with a Vampire

for Vampire Comedies, I like:

Blood and Donuts
Modern Vampires
Vampires Anonymous

I'm anxiously awaiting the release of these:

The Thirst
30 Days of Night
The Insatiable
Rise

I'm also really enjoying the new series on Lifetime called "Blood Ties". HBO is also coming out with a series based on the Southern Vampire Chronicles called "True Blood". Alan Ball, the guy responsible for Six Feet Under is doing it, so I have pretty high hopes for it.

You might enjoy this blog:

http://taliesinttlg.blogspot.com/
Old 05-17-2007, 02:35 PM   #12
Minyaliel

Oh, how could I forget - "Dracula - Dead and Loving It"?! Best vampire movie EVER... *giggle*
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:55 PM   #13
roserougesang

I'm a huge fan of vampire films. The problem is that there are so few decent ones.

Seeing as most of the films I was going to suggest have all been recommended I only have one to recommend: Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust. It's a beautifully animated film, with an excellent soundtrack to boot.

And Minyaliel, in response to what you said......................LAWLZERS!
No greater love than mine.
-Annie Lennox, Love Song For A Vampire-

Rouge Z. Hatter has FINALLY returned to Gnet!
roserougesang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:27 AM   #14
chelseagirl

FYI:

According to Blackfilm.com, Spike Lee's former Director of Photography Ernest K. Dickerson will direct a sequel to Bram Stroker's Dracula. Entitled The Un-Dead, this follow-up comes some fifteen years after Francis Ford Coppola's original film.

Javier Bardem is rumored to be playing Dracula, replacing Gary Oldman in the title role. Other cast members believed to be starring in the film are Monica Bellucci as Lucy and John Hurt as Professor Van Helsing. There is no mention as to whether Keanu Reeves will be reprising his role as Jonathan Harker, but we seriously doubt it since many believe he was the reason the first film failed to resonate with critics.

The title The Un-Dead comes from the subtitle of Stoker's original Dracula novel. The script, written by Ian Holt, picks up with our heroes some 25 years after the events that took place in Coppola's film. Both Jonathan and Mina Harker will return, as will Professor Van Helsing and Inspector Cotford. The later is a character that had been excised from the original manuscript. All four will have a major face-off with the pointy-toothed Count.

Apparently, the Stoker family has officially recognized Ian Holt's screenplay. This is the first adaptation of Dracula to receive such an honor since Bela Lugosi donned the cape in 1931.

It was reported awhile back by Variety that Jan De Bont would be producing the picture through his own Blue Tulip Productions banner, along with Atchity Entertainment. According to them, the script has been kicking around for awhile.

The movie is rumored to be shooting in Romania and England. A start date has yet to be announced.