Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
Cayora

Working on this being social thing.

So, when I am not at my day job, I spend most of my time working on dolls. This leaves me without much social time at all. And even the deepest introverts need to interact sometimes. Forums count as interacting, right?

In the way of literature, I enjoy a few of the classics like Poppy Z Brite and bits of Anne Rice. I've been reading new weird fiction lately that I really enjoy. For example The Darkly Splendid Realm, by Richard Gavin, was fantastic. At the moment I am reading The Orphan Palace by Joseph Pulver and really enjoying it. I am also a huge fan of Caitlin R Kiernan and Catherynne M Valente.

Style-wise, I have been trending toward a sort of dark mori-style. Something ragged and not very rich, ornamented with lots of bones and skulls.

Oh, and I am building a tiny house. I believe it will be the first goth tiny house ever!

I blog at The Other City. I post pictures of the dolls I make and fun little photostories, as well as updates on my struggle to make a living from them.

It is good to be here. I cannot believe it took me this long to finally sign up here.
Cayora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #2
Versus

Hello and welcome. Have you been lurking around here?
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:09 PM   #3
Cayora

I have been lurking, yes. On and off for a few years actually.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #4
Versus

You have me at a disadvantage, Ma'am/Sir/Cayora.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:20 PM   #5
Cayora

I apologize. I shall forfeit my advantage.

May I simply say it is good to really meet you? This does seem like a pleasant community. I have noticed at least one person I follow on Tumblr is also here, which is exciting.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:35 PM   #6
Versus

Nothing to apologize for. I was trying to ask your gender in a polite way so that I know how you want to be addressed, though I understand if you are not comfortable revealing that kind of personal information.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:46 AM   #7
Acharis

Welcome. I look forward to seeing your doll and miniature house in the DIY thread if you want to post them
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:51 AM   #8
Cayora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
Nothing to apologize for. I was trying to ask your gender in a polite way so that I know how you want to be addressed, though I understand if you are not comfortable revealing that kind of personal information.
Ah, of course. I identify as a woman. I do not mind sharing that, although I know some people do.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:52 AM   #9
Cayora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharis View Post
Welcome. I look forward to seeing your doll and miniature house in the DIY thread if you want to post them
Thank you! I look forward to doing that, later on!
Old 10-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #10
Miss Absynthe

Hello, and welcome.

And damn.. being here counts as social interaction? I thought that being here counted as hiding from social interaction..
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #11
Cayora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
Hello, and welcome.

And damn.. being here counts as social interaction? I thought that being here counted as hiding from social interaction..
It is a lot closer than just sitting around reading, at least.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #12
Drew Keaton

Hi there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayora View Post
So, when I am not at my day job, I spend most of my time working on dolls. This leaves me without much social time at all. And even the deepest introverts need to interact sometimes. Forums count as interacting, right?

In the way of literature, I enjoy a few of the classics like Poppy Z Brite and bits of Anne Rice. I've been reading new weird fiction lately that I really enjoy. For example The Darkly Splendid Realm, by Richard Gavin, was fantastic. At the moment I am reading The Orphan Palace by Joseph Pulver and really enjoying it. I am also a huge fan of Caitlin R Kiernan and Catherynne M Valente.

Style-wise, I have been trending toward a sort of dark mori-style. Something ragged and not very rich, ornamented with lots of bones and skulls.

Oh, and I am building a tiny house. I believe it will be the first goth tiny house ever!

I blog at The Other City. I post pictures of the dolls I make and fun little photostories, as well as updates on my struggle to make a living from them.

It is good to be here. I cannot believe it took me this long to finally sign up here.
Oh darling I adore your dolls! I would love to buy one!
Drew Keaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #13
Cayora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Keaton View Post
Oh darling I adore your dolls! I would love to buy one!
Thank you! That is so kind of you to say! My Etsy stores are closed right now, due to an embarrassing crisis of confidence. But I'm sure I could work something out. Did you want anything in particular?
Old 10-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #14
ape descendant

Hi Nice to meet you. I hope you make some friends and get a bit of social time, I don't know why that stuff has to be at such a premium, I guess people just get busy with their kids, school, careers, whatnot.

When you get your stuff back up, I'd love to see your dolls, I've been known to make the occasional doll myself, nothin' special just a couple of folksy little things.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote