Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:38 PM   #51
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
This bodes well for my nephew, I'm trying to steer him clear of my sister's reactionary influence and make him into a total fucking badass.
Roald Dahl's the way forward, he'll love you for it. How old?

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:43 PM   #52
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
Roald Dahl's the way forward, he'll love you for it. How old?
Ah, he's still in the 'cute and doesn't do much' stage at the moment, I've got like a year or two before I can mould him into my protége.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:50 PM   #53
Apathy's_Child

I usually find that they stop being useless blobs at around eight months.

Top tip: grow a beard. Babies seem to love facial hair, and it'll piss your sister off when you can stop him crying just by pulling faces while she's incapable of settling her own offspring in your absence.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:52 PM   #54
KontanKarite

I think I'd make a much better uncle than a dad.

I bet my sister's kids will be timid...
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:47 PM   #55
Sinjob

I love kids, but on the contray I'm pretty happy where my life is right now just having myself to take care of. Not to mention one of me is already enough, haha.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:14 PM   #56
korinna5555

I love kids, but may or may not want to have some of my own. I'm absolutely loving being an aunt. Three baby nieces and five year old nephew, whoo!

The last family cookout I went to, my nephew said "Auntie Keegan, your hair is PURPLE and FUZZY!" Apparently, I also have cool shoes. =D
Old 09-29-2009, 04:45 PM   #57
Alan

Why's this conversation still going? I already gave the god damned answer.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:04 AM   #58
Anarasha

The most fucking frightening thing about having children is the day when they come and ask you "Where do babies come from?"
"Listen, son.. You may be a bit young for this, but hell. You see, when a mommy and a daddy get veeeeeeery drunk, it happens that the condom breaks. Seeing as they are very drunk, they usually don't care and just go to sleep. The next morning, they don't remember the condom breaking.
Then mommy gets very sick and starts swelling, so she goes to the nice doctor man. He pricks her in the arm or makes her pee on a stick, and after weeks of it getting worse, waiting for an answer, the nice doctor isn't so nice anymore as he calls and tells mommy she's what they call 'pregnant' - that means a baby is growing inside of her. Then mommy gets very angry and calls the doctor a lying fuck and a cockmonger, and then she goes on for the full duration of nine months. At birth, mommy screams and turns like a little girl with nightmares, and finally pops out this little disgusting, slime covered, fatridden, loose skinned, thin-haired, small-limbed, crappy little contraption of 18 years of torment.
That's how babies are made."
Gonna be a freckin' nightmare.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:11 AM   #59
Still Jack

I quite liked that portrayal actually.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:29 AM   #60
Pineapple_Juice

Yeah I was just thinking that.

Cockmonger.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:56 AM   #61
Mir

I love kids.

Kids > adults.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:10 AM   #62
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Kids are fun - in my experience, most people who claim to hate them don't actually have contact with any in their own everyday lives, and only really notice the ones who scream their heads off and have loud, anoying tantrums on the street.
I work at Target. My mom is a nursery school teacher. My girlfriend's family is having kids faster than the US is hemorrhaging money.

I've seen kids of every type, and I still don't like them. I don't like their incessant questions, I don't like the loud noises they make (laughing or crying), I don't like their bitch fits, and I don't like being responsible for other life forms that are my own species. I'll take care of my hamster, that's my line. He's quiet and cuddly.

The worst part of kids is that when you have them, you have to deal with quite possibly the most annoying thing in existence, PARENTS.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:42 AM   #63
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack View Post
I work at Target. My mom is a nursery school teacher. My girlfriend's family is having kids faster than the US is hemorrhaging money.
Well, the first two of those examples are kind of what I'm talking about. There's nothing more guaranteed to make you think kids are heinous than working in a store which proud parents regularly wheel them into thinking they're the shit.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the only reason anyone dislikes kids is because they don't know any. Just that most of the people I know who have an unequivocal, blanket dislike of them don't really spend time with any okay ones who aren't hideous little shits.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:53 PM   #64
Pineapple_Juice

Does this not just prove the point that 99% of them ARE hideous little shits though?
Old 09-30-2009, 04:22 PM   #65
Jaye Jang

Wink

The problem with little kids is that they grow up to be hideous BIG sh*ts.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:34 PM   #66
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
Does this not just prove the point that 99% of them ARE hideous little shits though?
Not at all, those who are the loudest and cause the most problems are the ones that get the most attention. Most well behaved children more or less escape notice but that doesn't mean that there aren't plenty of them.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:06 PM   #67
Pineapple_Juice

Well said. I stand corrected.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:55 PM   #68
blindNsect

Kids are funny, and they are far more honest about their feelings than youth, teens, and adults.

"Why do you like adults?" would be a better question..
blindNsect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:22 PM   #69
Beneath the Shadows

I used to absolutely abhor infants, despise toddlers, dislike children younger than four, and become mildly annoyed by any kids younger than ten.

Then I stopped being eleven.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:25 PM   #70
Zuzu

I acknowledge that I was a whiny bratty snotty kid once......(well, until I discovered there was a world beyond the dumb shit I was supposed to like, Barbie, Britney Spears, etc.) But still. Ugh. I swear their pre-pubescent shrieks of pain/shock/sadness/anger/happiness/anything? are akin to driving a stake through one ear and out through the other side.

I personally reeeeeally don't think I will ever have kids. I mean, I'm only 15, that feeling could change.....but the world is so overpopulated, I don't think I could live with myself knowing I had contributed to that. If anything, I'd adopt.

One thing that really bothers me is the way society pretty much thinks you're a freak (especially women) for not wanting to have kids. Not that people like me aren't considered freakish to begin with, but you know what I mean....(possibly). Seriously, has anybody else noticed this?
Zuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:25 AM   #71
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Well, the first two of those examples are kind of what I'm talking about. There's nothing more guaranteed to make you think kids are heinous than working in a store which proud parents regularly wheel them into thinking they're the shit.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the only reason anyone dislikes kids is because they don't know any. Just that most of the people I know who have an unequivocal, blanket dislike of them don't really spend time with any okay ones who aren't hideous little shits.
Thing is, I've seen plenty of kids who aren't hideous little shits. They're quiet, well behaved, and generally stay out of my way. I still don't like them. I dislike being asked constantly about trivial little questions, I hate little kids constantly saying hi to me. I just don't like interacting with them. I hate that they constantly run around without a care about the substantially larger people trying to get places.

I dislike kids. Period. Good or bad.

However, I would take kids any day if I didn't have to deal with fucking PARENTS.

Parents make my blood steam, not boil, steam. Listen parents.
I don't think your kid is cute, in fact, he's slightly weird looking, and so are you.
Your kid is NOT abnormally intelligent for his age
Your kid is NOT an artistic genius. Mozart was composing things by 5, your kid still eats his boogers, he's not a prodigy.
I don't enjoy being around your kid, and I don't find him charming.
I also have no desire to discuss him, look at him, acknowledge his existence, or answer his questions. Unlike you, I won't give him cabbage patch nonsense, I'll tell him the truth, so keep him away from me
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:11 AM   #72
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
One thing that really bothers me is the way society pretty much thinks you're a freak (especially women) for not wanting to have kids. Not that people like me aren't considered freakish to begin with, but you know what I mean....(possibly). Seriously, has anybody else noticed this?
I have and I've been on the recieving end of the looks/comments of shock/horror/anger at the fact I detest all children and do not want any. I've been called a horrible person for not wanting kids. What I can't understand is why. I mean surely it's more horrible if I got pregnant, had the child then had it taken asap to the adoption system/people/fosterage. That child then grows up never knowing it's natural mother, and if when that kid grew up and managed to track me down I'd have to deal with some twat knocking on the door saying "why didn't you want me? "

I don't want to have to dole out the upsetting answer of - " I dislike children, didn't want you then and don't want to know you now, goodbye". Imagine if you went looking for your natural mother and got told that?

So if you think about it, not having children is the best idea all round. I don't care how unnatural people think me, I'd be saving a lot of pain, upset and aggravation.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:20 AM   #73
Victor "Rilvor" Leonard

I personally can't stand kids, but I realize that's partially due to my age. Usually, I've noticed, no one likes other people's kids.

If you think about it, kids are quite like opinions.

I'm smart enough to realize I couldn't be a good father at this particular point in time, which is why safe sex is wonderful.
Victor "Rilvor" Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:11 PM   #74
KontanKarite

I just don't like kids because I'm selfish. I think my own business and fulfillment is more important than a kid. I'm not ready to put myself on a shelf. :-/
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:16 PM   #75
Not Tha Duckman

Who will troll you when I'm gone? I'm gonna reproduce some more.
Not Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote