Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 09-13-2009, 04:03 PM   #1
The Divine Ms. M

First Memories?

What's the earliest thing from your life that you remember? I think mine's a tie:
1. I was 3 or 4 & just learned how to push myself on the swings. I called to my mom to look at me & flipped right over off the swing & cried my eyes out.

2. I was around the same age, sitting in the car and happened to see someone smoking. I saw the picture of a cigarette on the cigarette lighter & thought the cig came out of it, so I took it out, but of course there was no cig. So I thought, maybe you have to put it to your lips & that'll make it come out. You can probably guess what happened next lol...
The Divine Ms. M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:07 PM   #2
Geoluhread

There`s already a thread like this.
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:10 PM   #3
Catch

I had this weird memory of being surrounded be various different colors. My Mom said when I was a baby she would set me down on a rainbow colored, knit blanket. So first memory at age 0.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:12 PM   #4
Opteron_Man

Putting on black eyeliner and going over to the stereo and putting on the Cure. Hehe!
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:13 PM   #5
Beneath the Shadows

I don't know how old I was, but I was in diapers. Already walking, though. I had this big toy horse with wheels that I could sit on, and this giant rock protruding out of the middle of my back yard. I remember I'd drag the horse up to the top of the rock (obviously, by "giant rock" I didn't mean that it was a boulder, or anything) and push it off.

After that, Star Trek.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:26 PM   #6
Opteron_Man

I believe my first memory was of me playing in the backyard in the wooden sandbox my dad built for me. Wow.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:44 PM   #7
Lady_Alyce

Location: A lovely place where the humidity melts your makeup off.
I think my first memory was a birthday. I got a little aligator that you could push around amd it would make little bright colored balls bounce around on its back. Then I remember a big box wrapped in Crayola wrapping paper.
Lady_Alyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:50 PM   #8
Catch

My first memory was in the womb. There was a warm peach glow.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:31 PM   #9
Ophelia's Snorkel

I'm not sure which came first, but I was 4 when these happened. One was putting together a puzzle of the Big Bad Wolf and Three Little Pigs on the carpet of my grandmother's parlour. The other, also oddly enough on that carpet, was drawing dresses for my paper dolls and throwing a tantrum because the black crayon wasn't...black enough.

Hopeless cause, that kid.
Ophelia's Snorkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:30 PM   #10
CrimsonPythonidae

I can remember things from the ages of 2 - 3 years old. Memories of a farm we lived on mostly, like an owl we found and nursed back to health then released, a dog we had called Missy, being fed coonaks off the barbie by dad (I believe I was pretending to be a crocodile), going mushroom picking early in the morning then having them for breakfast. One day dad took me for a dinky ride on a bicycle and I got my feet caught in the spokes, there was blood everywhere and mum was in the shower which was kind of outdoors so dad just carried me over and held my feet in there. I also recall completely painting my arms and legs with some paint mum had given me. I remember always getting covered in mud and playing in any water I could find. Good times.
CrimsonPythonidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:53 PM   #11
Still Jack

My first memory was my dad working on the mini cooper in our garage, and me playing with things that I can't really remember now. He was singing something to me from under the car. Years later I figured out it was T Rex's 20th Century Boy. We got the mini in 91, so, it was sometime between being 1 and 2.
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:42 PM   #12
The Divine Ms. M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread View Post
There`s already a thread like this.
There is? Oops sorry...ah well, I'll go look for it Thanks for all the replies though-keep 'em coming they're great to read!
Old 09-14-2009, 01:01 AM   #13
Anarasha

Not a lot of people know this about me, but when I was a little kid, very young, I was turned from using diapers. My parents didn't throw them out just yet, I suppose in case it didn't stick.
I went to the cabinet where we had the diapers and put one on because I wanted attention.
I do not know if this was a dream or not, but it is one of the first things I remember about life except for shattered bits and fragments I could not put down in words.
Then again, I do not remember what was real and what was not about my early childhood.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:32 AM   #14
SiouxsiePernova

I remember somehow cutting my finger underneath a table at a Chinese restaurant when I was about 4 years old.

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:50 AM   #15
blackhoodoo16

I remember riding my bmx bike i was about 6 and i crashed. i still have some rocks in my left leg from it.
blackhoodoo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:44 AM   #16
vindicatedxjin

I would have to say that my first memory was when I was 2...my parents were going through they're horrid divorce so I spent the majority of my second and third year living with my grandparents. I was a grandpas girl and I remember perfectly when he bought me one of those early 90's looking swing sets and I was so freaking excited. I also remember him putting a blanket in a wheel barrel and giving me rides around the neighbor hood. Gosh i love my pawpaw.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:10 AM   #17
Duane

I remember going to this one place called the Discovery Zone in San Jose a lot when I was a kid, playing with this one little girl... I might have seen some gangsters riding around in a car, maybe some bikers. Oh, we had a bunch of rabbits, I think one bit me. Then, when we moved to Nevada, I remember breaking my collar bone riding down this one hill in my wagon, I turned it into the wrong direction and hit the sidewalk, flew into a big rock, I also remember having horrible hearing.

I was a cute kid, heh, that's another memory.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:45 AM   #18
The Count

Not sure whether this is a real memory or not, but I remember lying in a crib crying. My father was only a few feet away, working at a workbench or something.
I also remember a nightmare I had about my mother dieing. That was when I was about 4, I think.
The Count is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:28 PM   #19
The Divine Ms. M

Thanks for the new posts! They were all interesting to read!
Old 09-14-2009, 10:39 PM   #20
I_Zik

I must have been like under 5. Ended up sledding into a tree. Good thing that's where it ends hahaha
I_Zik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:20 PM   #21
CataclysmKitten

i remember eating mozzarella cheese like a mouse every time my aunt cooked something. i also remember listening to the grateful dead at 5 and singing along with Truckin'. lol
CataclysmKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:29 AM   #22
Lethe

My first memory would be right after I turned eight (my psychologist told me my subconcious is blocking anything before) the day my mom left my biological father. I remember it was Christmas and we went to my grandmother's house and they gave me a pair of birthsone earrings.
Lethe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:24 PM   #23
Noumi

I remember hearing the voice of my mom saying I didn't like to eat...
o.O
Not sure of how old was I but I didn't reach the three years of age.

ピラール
Noumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:35 PM   #24
LetheanBlacklight

My first memory... I was maybe 1 or 2... I was up on a high chair, eating something, I remember looking down and seeing our dog, and hearing ambient sounds of the TV.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:42 PM   #25
SiouxsiePernova

I also remember watching my cousin painstakingly set up his bowling pins in the hallway, which I then proceeded to knock down just as he was about to bowl.

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote