Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:50 PM   #1
Lolly PopMuzik

Rupaul's Drag Race, yo.

Seriously, has anyone gagged on the extravaganza eleganza of seasons 1 and 2 (currently underway) yet?

http://blog.vh1.com/utag/series/rupa...-race-2/29098/
The GIF walls in the category are things of beauty. I betcha can't save just one GIF.

And I think you can still see the first season online at Logo.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:05 PM   #2
Saya

I only found out about it when I got the last issue of Bust, Rupaul had an interview in there, and it sounded pretty good. I don't have cable so I kinda live under a rock when it comes to tv >.> but I'll check it out online. He also has a book out I believe which I wouldn't mind reading, he had some really interesting things to say in the interview.

And I totally thought at first glance that it was really Britney in the first gif there.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:56 PM   #3
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
And I totally thought at first glance that it was really Britney in the first gif there.
That's why you gotta watch the fourth episode of S2, she does that head move Brit does while creepily chewing gum with a deer in headlights expression. You will be cracking the hell up.

Check the PM I sent you.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:33 PM   #4
Despanan

Ru Paul was in the boarders my girlfriend works at promoting this. We got a signed calendar.

Also, Ru Paul was not in drag and has grown a mustache.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:43 PM   #5
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
Ru Paul was in the boarders my girlfriend works at promoting this. We got a signed calendar.

Also, Ru Paul was not in drag and has grown a mustache.
NOICE. I saw Ru with the stache on the aftershow (an awesome new addition to the series), Untucked.

I already have the bio Letting It All Hang Out, I want the new book so bad.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:30 PM   #6
Lolly PopMuzik

Really, guys? Get on the good foot and head to Logo!
Old 03-12-2010, 01:22 AM   #7
Saya

I'm getting through the first season, its on megavideo XD although now that I got my own computer I could perhaps download a little something to be able to watch it on Logo.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:00 AM   #8
Saya

I didn't finish the first season but i'm caught up on the second one.

I cried I was laughing so hard at Tatianna's Britney and Pandora's Carol Channing. I think I woke my roommate up.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:26 PM   #9
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
I didn't finish the first season but i'm caught up on the second one.

I cried I was laughing so hard at Tatianna's Britney and Pandora's Carol Channing. I think I woke my roommate up.
Pandora's saliva sucking as Channing and "Slutty Sally was so slutty last time I took a ride on her disco stick, I got...I got lost!" made it so much more awesome. The pack of hot dogs for a neck-lines on Jujubee's Kimora was great too.

Henry Rollins and Terri Nunn are judging the next ep on tonight. I can't wait just for Rollins saying "That, to me, was a complete turn on" in a DRAG competition on TV.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:43 PM   #10
Saya

I only got to watch it just then as I couldn't get hotspot to work for some weird reason....

I think I'm going to throw a fit if Tyra wins the competition, but I can't figure out who should.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:00 PM   #11
Lolly PopMuzik

With any luck, Tyra will either get 3rd or even sashay away before then. I think that the tude's all an act, as the show is fulfilling all the cliches of its forerunners (Project Runway, America's Next Top Model) and she DOES have a son as motivation to win.

Here's my rundown (spoilers):

Tatianna's probably top two or the winner as she's the most realistic woman of the lot. That pageant wave she does at judging is totally lulzy and it's still not fair that she's a dude. She DOES need to step up her style big time.

Pandora's got awesome comedic chops and has kept her trap shut for the most part in terms of severe cattiness but her style is her main problem too.

Raven (The Mature to Morgan's Vice) could take it too, but her sourness clouds her chances and she's history if she's in the bottom again. (However, I'll give her props on her (correct) opinion that Shangela got robbed)

Jujubee was an early pick for me but I saw her in tears in a future challenge and with the way she's been landing in the middle and bottom of the pack, she may not even make it to the final four.

Jessica's like sunshine and awesome in human form (COMIDA!), but I don't see her taking the title. Odds are good that she'll definitely win Miss Congeniality just like Nina Flowers though.

While I already talked about the other Tyra, I'll share a bit more. She can look absolutely gorgeous but she needs to quit being a Beyowulf stan and raise that voice.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:03 PM   #12
Saya

Sigh, I think Tyra is going to win, my friend. I don't think I want to watch the finale.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:01 PM   #13
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Sigh, I think Tyra is going to win, my friend. I don't think I want to watch the finale.
No, don't give me that! I actually have more hope for Jujubee now that she knows how to play up her strengths when she's stuck in the bottom.

Other ish blacked out for spoilers:

Sadly, Tati totally circled the drain these past couple of episodes first with not knowing who Oscar Wilde was with the drag mom ep and then by failing hard at the runway this week. Juju, don't funk with my heart, please. But I can also see that dour crazy diamond Raven taking this home, if only because she can be a memorable spokesmodel for Absolut.

And word on the street is that Morgan and Raven have been telling folks who won and Jujubee is gunning for the Miss Congeniality title on the reunion show because she DIDN'T win. I hope she's just throwing us off.

I can't wait for the audition tapes and outtakes episode, it should be a hoot. Girding myself for April 26!
Old 04-16-2010, 06:57 AM   #14
alchemie

I've watched a couple of episodes, and its a cool little show. Man, can they do their make-up good! LOL.
alchemie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:10 PM   #15
goth_96

the only reason why I watch logo is because of Buffy the Vampire Slayer,Rupaul's Drag Race,and The Big Gay Sketch Show
goth_96 is offline   Reply With Quote