Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:30 PM   #1
Jaye Jang

Unhappy My dad

My dad died tonight. He was 77. He was a VFW. He survived Korea and 'Nam. He died holding my mom's hand. She said, he just closed his eyes and 'went to sleep.'

Right now, I'm trying to process this. So far, that's not happening. Need some happy thoughts. I have to tell my girl, and that is going to be the hard part. She loved her ornery old grandpa.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:39 PM   #2
AgiosOSatanas

Im sorry. It sounds like your father lead a noble and honorable life.Im sure hes in a better place now,whether it be heaven or w/e you belive in.Im sure he died as a proud man.But I really am sorry for your loss.
AgiosOSatanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:23 PM   #3
Steele_Mistress

So...your Dad died...and you're sitting here at a computer desk, typing to us.

Does something sound wrong with this picture? I know there's only so much you can do after a death but does being on a computer have to be one of them? Shouldn't you be off trying to comfort your family and gather your thoughts and stuff? I am sorry for you loss [if there really even is one], trust me, but being on a computer at this time is just wrong.
Steele_Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:33 PM   #4
Steppenwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaye Jang
Right now, I'm trying to process this. So far, that's not happening.
It's too soon . One day you'll acept that he is gone , but at the same time he never will be gone . He lives in your memory and in the memory of everyone who loved him .
I have no personal experiences , but I made some research and I came to the conclusion that it's a long way ... We are talking about months , or even a year or two until the process is complete .
He'll never be gone , Jaye . He'll stay forever with you in your memories , and that's the best everyone can give : Memories , time shared , something special that never come back .
I'm sorry , hopefully my words can help you a bit .
Old 12-18-2008, 09:47 PM   #5
Mr. Filth

Death is something I've always done a lot of deep thinking about. Make him proud. That's all I can think to say. Obviously he was a good man. Look at your actions every day and ask yourself if you're making him proud. In that way his memory and rearing will live on through your actions. I'm sure you have made him proud though! You have a daughter! I bet he thought he had a really great son! It's nice that you were willing to share such a touching subject here. If you need to talk about it don't be afraid to reach out.
Mr. Filth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:49 PM   #6
Xombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele_Mistress

Does something sound wrong with this picture? I know there's only so much you can do after a death but does being on a computer have to be one of them? Shouldn't you be off trying to comfort your family and gather your thoughts and stuff? I am sorry for you loss [if there really even is one], trust me, but being on a computer at this time is just wrong.
Dude, fuck you. You're being rude, not only by questioning why she would be on the computer at a time like this instead of doing something "more productive," but even moreso for questioning whether or not her father actually died. Maybe this is her way of coping, or perhaps she just wanted to vent here, in which case you should let her be.

Jaye, I know it's hard to lose a parent, but you have to realize that it was "his time." I'm assuming it was a natural death, as he died at a relatively old age, so now you've just got to accept that he'll no longer be there physically. I'm sure, however, that he'll always be with you, no matter what your beliefs are.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:55 PM   #7
Mr. Filth

Yeah seriously, Steele Mistress. That coming from someone who just made a "Make me feel better cuz someone sed I'm ugly" post in the picture thread is pretty weak.
Mr. Filth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:38 PM   #8
Sanguine Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Filth
Yeah seriously, Steele Mistress. That coming from someone who just made a "Make me feel better cuz someone sed I'm ugly" post in the picture thread is pretty weak.
I have to agree with Mr. Filth, although I don't think Steele meant to be mean, she was just a little tactless.

Anyway sorry about your loss Jaye, But at least your fathers passing was peaceful...
Sanguine Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:15 PM   #9
Dragoness2071

"A man is never truly dead until he is forgotten."

I dunno who said, that, but it makes a lot of sense~
I am sorry for your loss.
Dragoness2071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:17 PM   #10
Necrophagist

Go away Sombrero Heart!

I'm very sorry for your loss though Jaye Jang.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:50 PM   #11
Jaye Jang

Thanks folks. It's been a really bad day. I was at work when I got the call. As you know, I work in a hospital and my mom was understandibly stressed, so she forgot my work phone number. She called the reception desk and the security guard came down and told me to call my mom. That means that everybody in the hospital knew I lost my dad before I did. Also, we're having a blizzard and the roads are really icy, so it took over an hour for me to get home. To top it off, I got pulled over, but the cop was nice. The worst part about all this was having to tell my daughter. The absolute worst part was that we were both at work, so we did not get to say goodbye, me because I work in a hospital and her because her training is in CSI. Ironically, my dad would have understood. We're both VFW's, and duty comes first. Still, it's sad knowing that my girl and I will not get to say goodbye. Thanks for allowing me to vent.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 08:37 AM   #12
Tam Li Hua

Jaye:*hug* I'm so sorry for your loss.

Feel free to vent here any time.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:42 AM   #13
Tam Li Hua

Steele_Mistress: I would send this via PM, but you don't have that ability yet. So I guess I'll just do it here.

Obviously, you've never lost someone close to you to death. Obviously, you've NO IDEA what Peter Steele was singing about when he shouted "Everyone I love is dead GODDAMMIT!!"

It seriously makes me ill that you would post such thoughtless words when someone is in pain. >_<
Old 12-19-2008, 09:39 AM   #14
Saya

Sorry to hear that Jaye, at least he went peacefully though, and with your mom there with him.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:44 AM   #15
Ms.Crowbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele_Mistress

Fuck you.
People need to talk about these things to other people. Maybe this is her way of venting.
Jaye, I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. I really am.
I can't really say much, because most of it has already been said.
But if you want to vent some more, feel free to PM me at anytime.
*hugs*
Ms.Crowbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:26 AM   #16
Alarica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaye Jang
My dad died tonight. He was 77. He was a VFW. He survived Korea and 'Nam. He died holding my mom's hand. She said, he just closed his eyes and 'went to sleep.'

Right now, I'm trying to process this. So far, that's not happening. Need some happy thoughts. I have to tell my girl, and that is going to be the hard part. She loved her ornery old grandpa.
Thats so sad, and I really feel for you. Let it be a comfort when it sinks in, that he wasnt alone, and he went peacefully and I suspect happily, knowing he was loved. As for your little girl, keep it simple to whatever your beliefs are. Children have an amazing ability to accept the passing of loved ones. Mine believe in angels, and that their loved ones have joined the ranks. Your dad sounds like he was an amazing man x
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:11 PM   #17
Geoluhread

My condolences...
I'm really to sorry to hear that *hugs*
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:08 PM   #18
chelseagirl

I'm so sorry for your loss hun. I lost my father when I was 12, and I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. It took days for it to actually sink in, it's like I just couldn't process it either.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:31 PM   #19
dabbadmc

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. I'm sorry to hear of your loss
dabbadmc is offline   Reply With Quote