Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 07-19-2010, 06:52 PM   #1
Neslyn

Brand new to this forum! Erm...hello everyone!

'ello! My name is Neslyn! (Nay-lin)

I'm going to use the basic questions to describe myself... (I seriously can't come up with better? Well, at least those who actually wrote the basics should be pleased...maybe.)

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

Well, let's see...I make chainmail and other jewelry, I'm a beginner with the guitar and I like to occasionally play the piano. I write poetry, short stories and I'm working on a book that I've had half way finished for around a year now.

2. Where are you from?

Neptune. (Born and raised in Colorado, I've lived there my entire life.)

3. Who is your favorite author?

Um, don't think I can say for sure...

4. What are your favorite films?

-Genre wise- I enjoy some anime, a good romance movie here and there, among a few other things...I'm not big into television.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

Celtic music, maybe some Zelda stuff...

6. At your funeral?

....never actually thought about it. Something playful maybe? Voltaire's stuff perhaps?

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

One of two ways. Either I shall wander aimlessly into a frozen, far away land after knowing I've achieved all that I can in life and simply freeze to death or I will take a ship out to space and watch the earth as I fade into complete darkness.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

Well if I faded into space or froze into the earth I wouldn't technically need one. But if I had to have one it would be made of a rare and extremely difficult to find wood, along with glass and some incredible design of the likes I haven't decided yet.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

The kind of outfit that turns heads (or chops them off).

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

The "being a little kid" part. Sadly I didn't get much of that. Grew up fast, early and within a firmly religious and screwed up household.

11. What's your favorite band?

Don't have one, don't figure I ever will.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

I was home schooled. Long story.

13. Why did you join?

I guess you could say that the time was right. Because I've always entertained the idea of being a Goth and had never become brave enough to actually pull it off before now. (I've done other costumes- steampunk outfits, pirates, anime characters, faire stuff, etc...) but none of them have truly drawn me in as the Gothic culture has. After building an outfit (I only need *cough, cough* want *cough, cough* one more piece and it'll be complete) I decided to see if I could find others who enjoy this and possibly meet some of them.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

I'm female and kind of a tomboy.
Neslyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:12 PM   #2
Admiral_Happypants

Welcome to g_net!! Your choice of frozen death is quite intriguing. Sorry about the being raised in a "firmly religious and screwed up household". That shit sucks. And always remember- If ain't green and stinky, you probably shouldn't cut it off.
Admiral_Happypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:18 PM   #3
Neslyn

Thanks for the welcome! And to be honest I think the ones with bright orange or purple heads should probably get a good slash too. ^_^
Old 07-19-2010, 08:48 PM   #4
Ben Lahnger

No bands, authors or films to pique my interest. In fact, there's not much there that really says anything about your likes or passions. Guess I'll reserve welcoming you for when I see if you have something interesting to say.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:04 PM   #5
Neslyn

The pure mystery doesn't create any interest at all? *sadness*

My taste in music is fairly wide, but none of it could be called Gothic music. Thus I figured it would be better to wait and see before I threw out names like Nickel Creek or Dr. Demento into a Gothic forum.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:19 PM   #6
Dying To Bleed

Welcome to G.net! I was also new last month didnt know what to expect, but I got the hang of it... So u will too! Great introduction!
Dying To Bleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:44 PM   #7
Neslyn

Thank you! I'm definitely fond of the layout and overall feel of the site already and that should help me out.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:58 AM   #8
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neslyn View Post
The pure mystery doesn't create any interest at all? *sadness*

My taste in music is fairly wide, but none of it could be called Gothic music. Thus I figured it would be better to wait and see before I threw out names like Nickel Creek or Dr. Demento into a Gothic forum.
Nah, plenty of people here aren't goth. It's only the morons who see this place as some exclusive club, and they're usually gone within a week or two.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:05 AM   #9
Neslyn

That's good to know. I didn't fill my introduction with an insane amount of information namely because I was trying to avoid being mocked off the site within an hour of joining. However, it doesn't appear as though that would have been a problem here. I just wanted to wait and see if the site was truly worth bothering with beforehand.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:13 PM   #10
Ben Lahnger

*tapping foot* ... Well, Dr. Demento was a good start.

I'm not looking to be mean. I just don't cozy up to people who slide up and say "Hi, I'm Bob! Let's be buds."

Be bold. If you say what you like here, there may be a person or two that makes a snide remark, but if you say nothing there will be a lot more who just ignore you.It's not at all about fitting into a Gothic cookie cutter mold here.There are plenty of people here like me who aren't really Gothic at all except that we share an interest in the things that are discussed here.

The only reason I have a closet full of black t-shirts is because many band and cultural icon t-shirts only come in black. But, man, that Dr. Who shirt is stylish!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:17 PM   #11
ape descendant

Hey, I play guitar and piano too... badly. I love anime.. what sorts of anime do you prefer?

If you ever feel the need to rant about growing up in a religious household, we could always exchange stories... could be fun.

Welcome to g.net.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #12
Neslyn

That would definitely be fun, I have lots of stories to tell.

I prefer anime with a really incredible/complicated plot behind it. But I also enjoy simpler, more comedic anime. My favorite movie (isn't technically anime?) but it's the Cat Returns. You'll catch me loving things like Slayers, Ranma, Pretear, Fruitsbasket, Full Metal Alchemist and other playful things- but you'll also find me watching Trigun, The Record of Lodoss War or either of the Final Fantasy movies. Things like Inuyasha are too repetitive for me.

Thanks for the welcome!
Old 07-20-2010, 03:30 PM   #13
Neslyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
*tapping foot* ... Well, Dr. Demento was a good start.

I'm not looking to be mean. I just don't cozy up to people who slide up and say "Hi, I'm Bob! Let's be buds."
Haha, don't worry about being mean- being questioned is a good thing.

Well let's see....Country aside... I listen to Weird Al, Voltaire, Electric Funstuff, The arrogant worms, They Might Be Giants, Jonathon Coulton, Possible Oscar, the Brobdingnagian Bards...I could go on for hours. I'm pretty big on comedy stuff and I've been to a lot of the cons in Colorado, so I'm familiar with Dr. Who and other similar stuff. I'll also listen to any classical or celtic piece and, excluding rap bands, I'll give any band a shot at pleasing me.

It's good to know that the people here are not extraordinarily picky about what is and is not posted, why it's posted or if it's relevant to be posted.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:28 PM   #14
MiladyMalice

I like the Slayers and Ranma, but I thought that The Cat Returns was a horrible movie.

Welcome.
MiladyMalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:27 PM   #15
Neslyn

Thanks for the welcome.

~Really? What was it about the movie you disliked? (aside from it's horribleness. XD)
Old 07-20-2010, 08:18 PM   #16
MiladyMalice

I liked the beginning and loved that fact that the cats stood upright.

When they got to the the Cat Kingdom, everything went downhill from there.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:18 PM   #17
Neslyn

I can see where you're coming from. Though I can't see how it could be changed to be more amazing. A differently styled kingdom? More interesting performers? Sexier lines perhaps?

No idea... *tries to dislike it* *fails* ^_^

It's my favorite movie... I mean I definitely enjoyed the beginning more than the rest of the film, but as a whole it still has a good plot.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:39 AM   #18
MiladyMalice

Yeah. I think the design of the Kingdom ruined it for me.