Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-20-2005, 06:07 PM   #226
DirtNap

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone
Well, you do finally seem to be on the ball about answering questions and being more hands on...

Frankly, the less you see of me here, the better.

My role here is sort of sort of Victor the Cleaner.
DirtNap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 06:39 PM   #227
rockandrose

Hi DirtNap.

This is the first time I've seen you post.

I never knew that YOU actually existed.

Since you hardly ever post on g.net, I'm assuming that you supervise this website as regularly as you can. But, don't you think as a moderator, you should be more active as a Mr Mael? This isn't important anymore since there's another mod (e_e).
Old 11-20-2005, 06:51 PM   #228
DirtNap

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandrose
Hi DirtNap.

This is the first time I've seen you post.

I never knew that YOU actually existed.

Since you hardly ever post on g.net, I'm assuming that you supervise this website as regularly as you can. But, don't you think as a moderator, you should be more active as a Mr Mael? This isn't important anymore since there's another mod (e_e).

No, atually. I do keep an active eye on this forum, but in the interest of impartiality in moderation, I think remaining uninvolved is the best position for the role I've been asked to have here.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:55 PM   #229
angleangel_doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkirony
Juliet...excuse me but you have not the power to speak that way yet. You've been here for what, a month? No. Just, no. Some of us younger people have really influenced this site. And so what of the number that is tacked on to us because of our birth years. Remember kennylee? Think of that old man.
*sigh*
Wow...mature.
angleangel_doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 01:43 AM   #230
TheKorovaMilkbar

Well, Juliet, I agree with you on one level which I will explain in a moment.

First, I'd like to say that I sent an email to Xng about this idea, but so far no reply. I would at least like to have a forum on the side if for nothing else than to speak to those who would leave based on their views of how this forum has changed.

I do think we should have a forum, with no age limit, but by invitation only. The basis to get said invitation would be from those in THIS forum who see it fit that any given member has made posts that indicate they are mature enough to be of that community. And those in charge of deciding who gets invited could be limited to possibly just moderators (which we would have more of) or a select few.

This would eliminate trolls from the community, but also might contribute to the chance that very few would spend time at both forums, thus slimming the chance of getting more members. But that is something we can really only see with time.

I see myself as being one of those that visit both communities but I cannot speak for anyone else. I believe it is our duty to keep this community just as clean as our private one would be.

This is just an idea I'm throwing out there, guys. I don't believe that we should abandon this wonderful forum by any means. But it should be our decision to have conversations that only a select few would be privy to.

Anyways, there are my two cents. Take it how you want.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:57 AM   #231
Juliet Bathory

My thoughts exactly Korova. I would gladly participate in both. And put your mind at rest Dirt Nap, it wouldn't be advertised in here, it would defeat the purpose. I myself wouldn't be bagging G.Net as I am happy to come in and participate as I do now. I'm sure the others would agree on those points so I don't see a future problem as invitations would be sent out privately and not through here. If another forum is made, there will be no mention of it in here and that way everyone is happy.

If you are concerned about the integrity of this site, perhaps you might want to cull some of the 5400 odd members. I assume most of those members are inactive. I don't see this as unreasonable request as it would go a long way to prove that you hold the integrity of this forum in high regard. I think most people in here want some drastic action to restore this site to its former glory, I myself am curious to know what it used to be like.
Juliet Bathory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 08:40 PM   #232
AlKilyu

Dirtnap: I reported a certain member for stalking a female member of this site. What was gnet's choice of response, if any? And how long did that take?

And with you here now more often, will any such future reports be handled with the utmost urgency?
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 10:47 PM   #233
Juliet Bathory

If it's good for the goose...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
And as to the "disgusting piss stuff", it's part of my identity and it's funny. I don't have any actual obsession with urine and/or water sports, but I became the urinator and it was funny. If it doesn't appeal to your sense of humor, I'm sorry.
Xng, why are you apologising? Save your apologises for when you run over someone's cat, or your best friend's mum dies, don't apologise for being yourself, it's one of the things I admire about you.

Dirt Nap ~ to quote your own FAQ board ~

Can I flame other members?
If you have fewer than 3,000 posts and/or you just registered in the last couple of months, you definitely might want to rethink whether to post that witty put-down you thought of. Seriously, the idea is for these forums to be enjoyable.

I guess this means you have to play by the rules too. If you want to remain impartial, you should probably refrain from passing judgement or making comments that would indicate you are anything but impartial.

And to save a post, yes I'm guilty of flaming. Do I apologise, no. Why not? Because I make myself available to be harrassed back. Do I still flame? No. Why not? I'm making use of the ignore feature making for a quieter experience.

From the land of Oz, you all have a nice evening, day, afternoon, morning, night, depending where in the world you are.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:50 PM   #234
rockandrose

Juliet, you are from Queensland?
Old 11-21-2005, 11:02 PM   #235
Juliet Bathory

Yes indeed I am.

And to add to the above, Am I a hypocrite for pointing out the matter to Dirt Nap when I myself am guilty of flaming? Yes, but it doesn't mean it isn't relevant.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:07 PM   #236
rockandrose

You speak your mind and not afraid what others think.

I've always been a fan of your posts.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:11 PM   #237
Juliet Bathory

My thanks to you.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:21 AM   #238
TheKorovaMilkbar

I'll assume the email thing was addressed to me, Xng. I sent it to your yahoo address....I think.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:35 AM   #239
DirtNap

. . . Looks like someone failed to grasp my Victor the Cleaner allusion . . .
Old 11-22-2005, 04:43 PM   #240
Jules

You can't keep a good woman down, much less keep her quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtNap
No, atually. I do keep an active eye on this forum, but in the interest of impartiality in moderation, I think remaining uninvolved is the best position for the role I've been asked to have here.
Ladies and Gents of all ages, let me help you define the nature of impartiality in this forum.

This is Juliet Bathory. I am using a different registration because I have been banned. Without cause I might add. While I admitted to flaming, going by the FAQ board, (Thanks for pointing me to that by the way Dirt Nap) flaming is not ban-able offence. Nor did I give out any web site addresses to any other forums. And yet my access is denied.

If you have an issue Dirt Nap, it is best resolved by dealing with it. Hiding from it only draws the situation out indefinately. Upon reinstating my old account, feel free to delete my extra user name. I am more than happy to discuss any issues you have out here in the open. I have nothing to hide.

On that note, come out come out where ever you are.

Juliet Bathory

Banned yet still here.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 04:46 PM   #241
rockandrose

That's funny.

The hide and seek game!
Old 11-22-2005, 06:39 PM   #242
Soul_Immortal

I love games.

Let's play.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:46 PM   #243
rockandrose

Soul, your the first person I found!
Old 11-22-2005, 06:58 PM   #244
DirtNap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
Ladies and Gents of all ages, let me help you define the nature of impartiality in this forum.

This is Juliet Bathory. I am using a different registration because I have been banned...
You were warned quite clearly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliet Bathory
Maybe I should offer some clarification...
Quote:
There is no hiding involved. It has nothing to do with flaming, it has to do with you being a bad citizen here and breaking the rules after being warned. People want less distraction from the recent detractors bent on disrupting this community. You were seen to potentially be one, you were warned, and yet you continued. Someone who has been a member for less than a month certainly does not get to undermine the goals of this board.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:28 PM   #245
Soul_Immortal

And where have your administration duties been? Why has NO ONE replied to emails sent by the members of this site about the activity and silence from the admins?
Old 11-22-2005, 07:28 PM   #246
Soul_Immortal

And why ONLY NOW is there action being taken...was there a time out before, or...?
Old 11-22-2005, 10:57 PM   #247
AlKilyu

Is her ban permanent or temporary?

Every person I know that made death threat(s) is still here. One was a stalker, got banned, came back and brought "friends" who then made threats themselves. That person was given a clean slate when the boards returned, even after a few of us reported him.

A female got banned recently, it being her fifth, but our requests to do it sooner were met with the "clean slate" talk.

Someone who made 9/11 jokes who eventually made a death threat is back, his slate wiped clean, even though he made a thinly veiled threat recently. He's not banned.

This beauty was outed by The greatest gnetter evah as being a member who has, in the past, made his fair share of threats but according to the status under his name, he is still here.

All but one of the above mentioned troublemakers are guilty of
Can I sign up under a bunch of different names?
No.

I quoted that because I couldn't find the part on the FAQ that says it is not ok to threaten and stalk other members.

....spamming for another site is a worse offense than threats and downright creepiness?
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:11 PM   #248
tekajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequently Asked Questons
Can I create a lame and unpopular attempted knockoff of Gothic.net and complain about Gothic.net and spam this forum for people to come join my Yahoo Group or Geocities site or even a site on an actual domain?
No. You will be banned if you do this.
ROFLMAO. I'm staring at One.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:36 PM   #249
DirtNap

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
...spamming for another site is a worse offense than threats and downright creepiness?
I don't get the post reports. I suggested people report posts and then ignore trolls and such while they are being dealt with, rather than getting into juvenile flame wars. It was a matter of sound policy advice. When it comes to moderation, I call them like I see them, according to the guidelines I was given. Some people have been given latitude during the unexpected transition, but a lot of long-time members said that they wanted more moderation and control over the activities of destructive new members. More trolls and such have been removed recently than immediately after the unexpected transition and subsequent improvement in the board software. I expect this to continue. JB is welcomed to leave, but not welcomed to use the boards to spam for her supposedly better future board, and certainly not welcomed to try to collect email lists to try to undermine people's participation here. It's pretty simple really, and it didn't come without warning.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:22 AM   #250
mortalitas incomitatus

Quote:
rather than getting into juvenile flame wars.
When it comes to moderation, I call them like I see them, according to the guidelines I was given.
but a lot of long-time members said that they wanted more moderation and control over the activities of destructive new members.
JB is welcomed to leave, but not welcomed to use the boards to spam for her supposedly better future board, and certainly not welcomed to try to collect email lists to try to undermine people's participation here. It's pretty simple really, and it didn't come without warning.

dirtnap, sorry to point this out, but it seems you are involved in a 'juvenile flame war' of your own

you seem to be good at casting out new members that do not agree with you but are slow to react to new members that are actually threatening other members.

JB was forced to leave because you didnt like her.
no-one else can see what she did wrong other than challenge you with intellegent thoughs.

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote