Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 03-25-2006, 09:03 AM   #1
end.of.eternity

Coffee as an obsession

....Or well, not yet. But I am totally addicted to coffee, you know.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies) I'm an artist of some kind, I like drawing and stuff like that. I, like everyone, like music and use hours for listening to it. I drink coffee (sometimes tea)and go to gym. I like collecting things like cds and so on.

2. Where are you from? I'm from Finland and I live there currently. I'm planning to move abroad in the future, though.

3. Who is your favorite author? Hard to say. I like Lovecraft, Stephen King, many.

4. What are your favorite films? Edward Scissorhands, Charlie & the Chocolate factory(Burton version), Lord of the Ringses, The Crow, An Interview with the Vampire, Omen I and Omen II...etc

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? Wedding? Ha! Hell no!
Umm okay if I had I'd like probably hmm I don't know, too many bands... well here few: Hocico, Wumpscut, Two Witches, Dresden Dolls, Clan of Xymox, Depeche Mode, Icon of Coil, Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, Gothminister, The Cure, Varjo, some Danny Elfman, Manic street preachers, Converter -- oh wait. My family would get a heart infarct... I guess I can't invite them

6. At your funeral? Of the Wand and the Moon I think

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? In a dramatic and tragic way, of course.

8. What kind of casket would you want? I don't want to be buried, I want to be burned and then some relatives would pour the ashes somewhere I'd like to.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? Ohh there are so many. Right now there's much snow and cold outside so I love my black ankle-long wool coat and top hat.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? a)I didn't have to be responsible about everything b)my dad liked me c)I wasn't melancholic.

11. What's your favorite band? --Don't come asking me this! It's coffee!
...If you really want to know, well then - here's a list of few.
Hocico
The Cure
Wumpscut
Two Witches
Varjo
Bauhaus
The Birthday Massacre
Suruaika
And many, manymore

I'm not in mood of listing things right now, so this shall do.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? Currently I'm going senior high school, and don't actually know what I'd like to do later...

13. Why did you join? Because I like gothic things and stuff. Yeah, not a big deal, but I'm just too lazy to write an epic (I've got fever)

But, here's anyway a list of just things I like:

chocolate
coffee
Johnny Depp
long hair, dyed hair, cool hair = hair
makeup
piercings
wallpapers
rainy days
rats
London

Hope you don't think I'm too odd. If there's something weird just blame the fever

-Ellen
Old 03-25-2006, 09:07 AM   #2
Queenofdarkness57

Welcome, I like your intro. You <3Johnny depp, too? Ooh I like you! Hehe. I hope you enjoy your stay. How old are you btw?
Old 03-25-2006, 10:23 AM   #3
DemureDemise

Wumpscut= the sex.
DemureDemise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 01:08 PM   #4
edible_eye

welcome, end.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:24 PM   #5
Ben Lahnger

Welcome, end.of.eternity! Nice intro ... I'm sorry you have a fever. Not to nit pick too much, but eternity is infinite, right? So by definition, it has no end. Sort of like all those love songs, where by singing that he'll love her till the end of time, the singer is saying he'll love her forever. Oh well.

I'm with you on the coffee. Hello, Finland! I like your taste in music. I'm looking forward to your contributions.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 05:53 PM   #6
Betrothed2Death

Welcome, Welcome! I just got a Stephan King book, you know. Hearts in Atlantis or something like that. Not sure if I want to read it yet but supposedly it's one of his least frightening? I like scary things, I just have trouble reading them because of a) a tendency to only read at night, b) a tendency to get freakishly paranoid at night, and c) an overactive imagination, but, ah, c'est la vie, non?
But, yes, again, welcome, and coffee is a wonderful thing. As is basically coffee-flavored everything, ice cream.. candy... mmmmmm....

~Gaia<3
Betrothed2Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 07:30 PM   #7
angel_dark_demon_bright

Hello and welcome EOE.

I prefer tea myself.
angel_dark_demon_bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:11 AM   #8
WolfMoon

Geez, what a weirdo!

j/k

Welcome, End.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:33 AM   #9
IlGato_DiDiablo

End, dude, you seem really cool! I, as well, have an addiction to coffee!

Welcome.
IlGato_DiDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:49 AM   #10
crimsonjoy

Greetings, fellow coffee lover. Ooh, caffeine, how I love thee! ^_^
crimsonjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 02:07 PM   #11
rockandrose

Welcome end.of.eternity!

I like a good cup of coffee, usually a latte early in the morning or late at night. Coffee and chocolate cake or cheesecake is yummy...
Old 03-27-2006, 08:52 AM   #12
end.of.eternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofdarkness57
Welcome, I like your intro. You <3Johnny depp, too? Ooh I like you! Hehe. I hope you enjoy your stay. How old are you btw?
Yeah, I'm really in love with Johnny!!
I'm quite young, 16 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
Welcome, end.of.eternity! Nice intro ... I'm sorry you have a fever. Not to nit pick too much, but eternity is infinite, right? So by definition, it has no end.

I'm with you on the coffee. Hello, Finland! I like your taste in music. I'm looking forward to your contributions.
Well, actually my nick comes from the name of a book, End of Eternity (I never finished that, tho. But the name's just cool).

Coffee is love, truly. And yeah, I only listen to good music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betrothed2Death
Welcome, Welcome! I just got a Stephan King book, you know. Hearts in Atlantis or something like that. Not sure if I want to read it yet but supposedly it's one of his least frightening? I like scary things, I just have trouble reading them because of a) a tendency to only read at night, b) a tendency to get freakishly paranoid at night, and c) an overactive imagination, but, ah, c'est la vie, non?
I know what you mean. I've only read his The Black Tower -series, but I think they're good.

And to you all:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlGato_DiDiablo
End, dude, you seem really cool! I, as well, have an addiction to coffee!

Welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonjoy
Greetings, fellow coffee lover. Ooh, caffeine, how I love thee! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandrose
Welcome end.of.eternity!

I like a good cup of coffee, usually a latte early in the morning or late at night. Coffee and chocolate cake or cheesecake is yummy...
I just want to say...

Do we drink coffee to live or do we live to drink coffee?

Ah, and sorry I didn't reply earlier but I've been "off to bed" . No it's getting better though.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:50 PM   #13
crimsonjoy

Coffee for life, or life for coffee; hmmm...that's a puzzle. ^_^ Obsessed with coffee AND an Akito fan, too. Yup, we're gonna get along!
Old 03-27-2006, 05:17 PM   #14
bunnicula

Hi. Welcome. You just made me realize how much I need a cup of coffee right now.
bunnicula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 01:06 AM   #15
DarkIce

Welcome E.o.E.

Thanks for the reminder - gotta buy a coffee machine for my brother.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:29 AM   #16
end.of.eternity

Really I just drank coffee myself, too. The time's here 8.25pm, I don't usually drink coffee in the evening (makes sleeping difficult) but who cares anyway. can sleep later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonjoy
Obsessed with coffee AND an Akito fan, too. Yup, we're gonna get along!
I'm sure we will! she's just best
Old 03-28-2006, 10:05 AM   #17
crimsonjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by end.of.eternity
I'm sure we will! she's just best
SHE?!**Gasp!!** Just kiddin'...but, that's supposed to be a secret.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:02 AM   #18
end.of.eternity

Ah hah well I thought you know, too
Old 03-29-2006, 12:08 AM   #19
end.of.eternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
I actually just cut caffeine out of my diet (I read that it leads to depression in women, and I thought I'd try and see if less caffeine made me less depressed)
I probably know why. Coffee lowers blood sugar, and when your blood sugar amount is low, you'll get more easily provoked or sad or furious etc. Probably it doesn't affect on men that easily, I don't know.

Try to survive there, hey.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:17 AM   #20
Sobeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
I actually just cut caffeine out of my diet (I read that it leads to depression in women...
Snap! Let me know what you find out, I'm really interested in that. I wonder if that means that, if I can find that caffeine gets me depressed, I'm properly intergrating my feminine aspects... ::thought devolves into gelatinous mass::

To End: erm, nevermind the above, coffee is fucking fantastic. I don't know about all these latte drinkers though: a good breakfast blend with two or three shots in the dark is my preferred cuppa. I've read (the actualy medical reports no less!) that cigarettes and coffee, when consumed together, double the pleasure and double the negative heart-related consequences.

And welcome! Good to read you.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:23 AM   #21
tenet_2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobeh
Snap!
I can't believe that you typed that...

Oh snap!

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:17 AM   #22
Sobeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenet_2012
I can't believe that you typed that...
I felt a little embarrassed to note that it made it past the editing window. I also wrote 'actualy' instead of 'actual', which shows you how much I was hurrying. So sad!
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:19 AM   #23
end.of.eternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobeh
To End: erm, nevermind the above, coffee is fucking fantastic. I don't know about all these latte drinkers though: a good breakfast blend with two or three shots in the dark is my preferred cuppa. I've read (the actualy medical reports no less!) that cigarettes and coffee, when consumed together, double the pleasure and double the negative heart-related consequences.

And welcome! Good to read you.
Thanks! Nor do I - I never drink latte. I think ordinary coffee is just fine. I don't drink cappuchino, either; it tastes bad, or at least less good than common coffee.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:22 AM   #24
Sobeh

A lot of people don't like the flavor of espresso, which is why they dump a shot of it into a big ol' steamer of milk, sometimes with flavoring. Pfft. Coffee my arse!
Old 03-30-2006, 09:26 AM   #25
spookypurple

Hi there, End.

I don't drink coffee - does this mean I don't exist?
If so, I'm having a lie-in tomorrow to end all lie-ins!

Hamlet
spookypurple is offline   Reply With Quote