Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:28 PM   #1
inkbleed

Hello!

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking on the site for a while, so I figured it was time to sign up.

I'm from Melbourne, Australia, which unfortunately has a smaller goth scene that I'd really like, but there's a few clubs that have managed to last that are pretty good.

Favourite author is probably J.G Ballard...his short stories are incredible, and books like Crash and The Atrocity Exhibition always leave me spinning after reading a small amount.

Favourite films...probably Lost Highway and Natural Born Killers. I'd probably want User Friendly by Marilyn Manson if I was going to get married, because it'd be fucking hilarious. For my funeral, Helpless Corpses Reenactment by Sleepytime Gorilla Musem...especially if I could get someone to build a pulley system so that, when the song gets to the "Rise you must" climax, my body bursts out of the coffin and falls on the floor. That would be so rad.

If I got to choose, I'd like to die by spontaneous human combustion, preferably in a crowded theatre.

Favourite outfit? Don't really have one, although I enjoy an old, half-burnt set of tails/vest/tophat combo i found at an op shop many years ago.

When you're a kid, you're a fucking idiot but think you understand everything. I much prefer the freedom of being an adult, plus knowing a lot more, but knowing how much more there is to learn about frankly everything.

Favourite band, i couldn't pick...sleepytime gorilla museum are rad, i've loved early/middle manson forever, angelspit, someone mentioned brian jonestown massacre on the boards recently - big fan of them too. I listen to anything interesting and different.

I've doing a bachelor of arts at the moment...it's less interesting than I expected.

Male, but i like to dress up =P
inkbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #2
Versus

Hi. What do you do for fun? What kind of food do you like?
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
Spooky Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkbleed View Post
When you're a kid, you're a fucking idiot but think you understand everything.
Doesn't being an idiot preclude trying to understand everything?

It also doesn't help when your 'rents keep saying "You're too young to understand." Ever think maybe that's because they're not smart enough to explain it to a 12-year old?

Anyway, welcome! Have a cookie!

Zombie Protest:
"What do we want?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
"When do we want it?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
Solumina

Quote:
If I got to choose, I'd like to die by spontaneous human combustion
That would certainly make the whole popping out of the casket thing extra icky.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:33 PM   #5
inkbleed

Solumnia, hahaha yes...although considerably funnier!

@ Spencer, I lean towards the idea that thinking you know everything is a great way to becoming a moron..."Oh, i don't need to read more about X, Y, Z, I already know it all! You can't show me anything new!". But yes, agree that "you're too young to understand" is a good sign that the parents don't either. Or are just lazy and wanting to fob their kid off. Thanks for the cookie, I'll save it for after dinner.

Versus - i'll eat most things! Although i do have an irrational fear of Subway...i feel like my soul gets smaller anytime i go near one. I enjoy film and music, going to gigs, parties, the usual sort of stuff.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #6
Versus

Quote:
Versus - i'll eat most things! Although i do have an irrational fear of Subway...i feel like my soul gets smaller anytime i go near one. I enjoy film and music, going to gigs, parties, the usual sort of stuff.
Heh, subway is alright. Maybe it's because they typically drown what I get with honey mustard and I just don't notice the rest. Why do you have an irrational fear of it? Bad experience with it? I'm kind of that way about Burger King, I think.

It's cool that you like to go out. I don't nearly as much as I should, anymore. Something about sleeping in all my free time is so appealing.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #7
inkbleed

My first experience with subway was when my parents took me to the US when I was 8 ish. My mum was like "today we can have McDonalds for lunch as a treat!" And I'm all "weeeeeee! Hoorayyyyyyyy!" stupidly, incredibly excited. And then at the last minute my mum was like "actually, McDonalds is fucking unhealthy, let's get subway". So I threw an explosive tantrum and sulked for a week. It was ridiculous

Nowadays I just feel like I've failed as a human being if I go there. The aesthetics are terrible, the ads are so "LIFE IS AMAZING WITH SUBWAY", it seems like a trap for morons. is this you feel about burger king, Versus?

What do you get up to when you're not sleeping? Do you study, work, summon the Great Old Ones from the bottomless pit to wreck terrible vengeance on the human filth?
Old 02-14-2012, 06:04 PM   #8
Versus

That's a totally lame reason for not liking to eat Subway. I don't like Burger King because it usually makes me sick and, just as often, tastes like shit. But do what you do.

Honestly, I just bug my girlfriend or play on my phone. I'm sort of out of a job, so I have to occupy myself with something all day. Mostly, that something is Youtube or a chess app.

Also: I can barely remember when McDonald's was a treat. I think it's the staple of too many people's diet, now.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:53 PM   #9
LadyVelvet

YAY spontaneous human combustion in a crowded theatre!
LadyVelvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:00 PM   #10
Spooky Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVelvet View Post
YAY spontaneous human combustion in a crowded theatre!
That would be pretty cool. I approve!

Zombie Protest:
"What do we want?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
"When do we want it?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote