Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 02-27-2007, 01:03 PM   #1
mini-evil

eat me, drink me!

has anyone hard any songs from MM's new albam to come out "eat me, drink me"?

I just want to know if its good....

and while were tlking about MM who here can recommend i gd albam by MM, i've got holy wood and the golden age of grotesque.....
mini-evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:28 PM   #2
Underwater Ophelia

Not really a Manson fan, sorry.
I like the song "Tourniquet," though.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:32 PM   #3
mini-evil

ok, i got 1 post 1....
what is this world coming too!
mini-evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:02 AM   #4
Draconysius

I heard of Manson debuting his shit to Rolling Stone magazine. Not really interested. I'm also pretty sure he might just extend the goth fad for a few months longer. What an ass! Oh, yeah, in case you didn't know... MANSON'S NOT GOTH!!!
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:43 AM   #5
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconysius
I heard of Manson debuting his shit to Rolling Stone magazine. Not really interested. I'm also pretty sure he might just extend the goth fad for a few months longer. What an ass! Oh, yeah, in case you didn't know... MANSON'S NOT GOTH!!!
To be fair, I don't think he said Manson was goth, he was just wondering about the album.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:43 PM   #6
Haunted House

I can't recomend any Manson because I'm not a fan, but I can recomend checking your spelling.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:58 PM   #7
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted House
I can't recomend any Manson because I'm not a fan, but I can recomend checking your spelling.
Matt, you too, hahahha.
That's wonderful.
It's "rekoment," duh.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:25 PM   #8
Haunted House

Damn! Hw cud ey huv ben so stoopids? Jerry Jackson films!
Old 03-18-2007, 07:17 AM   #9
Puppet Master

He's got a new album? =/ I thought he went compleatly into the movie industry.

I like his work personally, and listen to him every once and a while. Though since I rarely buy cd's by him, and usually listen to him on youtube instead, I cant recomend any particular album apart from the ones you have listed.

I cant believe he fucked up his marriage with Dita though on another note. =/
Puppet Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:32 PM   #10
Underwater Ophelia

So, I read an interview with Manson by Rolling Stone...he claims one of his new songs, called something like, "Can I Be Your Vampire Tonight?" is the new "Bela Lugosi's Dead," and the new goth anthem.
I had no problem with him, because he seemed above all that crap, but he's just dissolving into a complete money cow.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:38 PM   #11
Draconysius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
So, I read an interview with Manson by Rolling Stone...he claims one of his new songs, called something like, "Can I Be Your Vampire Tonight?" is the new "Bela Lugosi's Dead," and the new goth anthem.
I had no problem with him, because he seemed above all that crap, but he's just dissolving into a complete money cow.
My GOD I hate him! He's even worse than H.I.M. for stereotyping goths! Thank god this goth fad won't last much longer.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:02 PM   #12
honeythorn

Hmm. I wasn't aware that HIM stereotyped goths. I like them but I don't consider their music goth. Even the band have said that their biggest musical influence is Black sabbath. Which to my knowledge is also not goth ( although feel free to correct me if I am wrong on this point ).

Most of the teenagers who like HIM and other "mainstream" stuff such as Marylin Manson simply see the dark or shocking imagery and assume that it's goth. Many will either grow out of it / change musical direction and thankfully move on, or a few of them will take the initiative and do some research into actual goth music and it's closely related sub-genres ect..

Personally I don't blame bands. Wether I like them or not, I have found that it is Magazines such as Kerrang ,and teenage fans who perpetuate bad images and stereotypes, not the actual bands themselves.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:06 PM   #13
Draconysius

Oh, come on! Vampires, cutting, dying, cemeteries, all ad nauseam? You've got to be kidding when you say they're not trying to make kids think they're goth, especially with their image. And do they sound a thing like Black Sabbath? Hell no. They're reaching for credibility as a metal band, which they are also not. Harrumph! >
Old 03-29-2007, 07:51 AM   #14
honeythorn

No...I don't see it myself. I tend to take them with a pinch of salt, I don't think they take themselves all that seriously. I will agree that they don't sound anything like Black sabbath though. But the thing is, if they did sound somewhat like Black sabbath, then everyone under the sun would start saying that they were trying to rip them off. Nor are they any kind of metal band in my opinion. I've never liked the whole "love metal" concept. It just seems rather ridiculous to me. They seem to be one of those bands that people either like or really really hate. I have a sneaky suspicion that you fit the latter category

Also, you can't deny that magazines don't have a hand in it, Kerrang is a big culprit I reckon. Which is why I haven't bought it for ages.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:52 AM   #15
Draconysius

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
Also, you can't deny that magazines don't have a hand in it, Kerrang is a big culprit I reckon. Which is why I haven't bought it for ages.
Yeah, Rolling Stone and Revolver included. Can you fucking believe they called the Misfits goth?! Damn!

-And you can't deny that bands which use the vampires, razors, death, cemeteries lyrics ARE trying to sell their music to baby bats in that way. Maybe HIM is trying to pull in both the baby bats and nu-metalers at the same time?
Old 03-29-2007, 03:45 PM   #16
honeythorn

Well, I don't know a lot about the Misfits, but I don't recall ever considering them goth. I have seen them referred to as horror punk, and occasionally goth punk, but how applicable those labels are I have no idea. I can't really say for myself since I haven't bought any albums yet.

As for HIM, well, maybe you're right, maybe not, I think perhaps both. Yes, they are trying to sell music, that is after all partly why they formed a band. It's usually an underlying reason why most people form bands to be fair. But I don't think that they are specifically targeting babybats. I have been to the shows and you honestly get a whole range of people there,many in their forties, and certainly not all 14 year old wannabe vampires !! . The live shows have no coffins or vampire outfits or cutting, yes, they had a couple of chandeliers last time, and a backdrop ( I can't remember what was on it though ) but that was it. They don't prance around going " oh woe is me I am dying for thee my love, here in the darkness.." none of that rubbish. I wouldn't say they were a bad band, not the most amazing thing in the world, I have seen better "mainstream" bands, but I wouldn't say they were terrible. I think their main selling point is Ville. He can't help being attractive, even with a beard!!. I think we may have to agree to disagree on them

Marylin manson on the other hand..NO. I don't like his music or his show. I have only seen him live once, and that was at a festival, there wasn't much I could do about that. I watched because I was curious as to what I would see, but to be honest it was shit on a stick. The GAWTHS with the white facepaint who tried so hard to look just like him were loving it, but the sound wasn't great, his voice lacked any ..presence? enthusiasm? anyway, it was shit either way.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:06 PM   #17
Arashi

Manson with new music?
..I don't know whether that's a good thing or horrible..
Old 04-02-2007, 06:36 AM   #18
Jarl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-evil
has anyone hard any songs from MM's new albam to come out "eat me, drink me"?

I just want to know if its good....

and while were tlking about MM who here can recommend i gd albam by MM, i've got holy wood and the golden age of grotesque.....
I quite like Manson, the two albums of his you have are perhaps his two worse, his best album by far is Antichrist Superstar and his second best is Mechanical animals followed by Portrait of an American Family.

As for his new album, as long as it's nothing like the Golden Age of Grotesque I'd likely like it.
Jarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:16 AM   #19
cradle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconysius
Yeah, Rolling Stone and Revolver included. Can you fucking believe they called the Misfits goth?! Damn!

?
Yeah. I have a book that's called "the big book of metal"

It said that the new modern goth bands were cradle of filth and marylin manson.
Gimme a break
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote