Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 12-28-2007, 12:32 PM   #51
DeathToLems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man
I agree DeathToLems, people CAN jump to conclusions about anything they don't know about. I know exactly what you mean, my whole family is that way. (Except me of course)
It's funny when I havent seen a family member for a long time since my transformation to the dark side (only in my dress sense, family members dont hang around long enough to get to know the real me) they give me that look like Woah, erm...*awkward!*

XD t'is funny.

But kinda sad that now they know I'm a goth they start thinking other things. bad things. stereo type things.
"yes aunt Judie thats a pentagram"
"no I dont worship the devil"
etc etc.

One time I heard my aunty saying to her friends two little girls "Shes a goth"
I could just picture their small brains filling with confusion.
I just chuckled to my self and ran off to light the next firework for their amusment.
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:38 PM   #52
ZyklonB

That's why I'm happy of all things, that my family accepts me. On the road to college, good academically, no trouble elsewhere. Hell, my mom listens to Mortiis in the car with me and she loves it. As well as whatever else I put in there. Bauhaus, The Cruxshadows, she's heard it all and she tends to like it. Sometimes I even have to burn a CD for her. >.>

There are some kids at my school that tend to shy away from me though. But that is expected. I'm the only so called goth in my school. The other's are mallxcore hot topic shoppers, only about 5 of them. Literally every outfit has been bought there. Though they don't talk to me. How weird is that. Except one time they questioned me about my sigil of the gateway pendant and if it was about the devil. Needless to say, I turned right back around and walked away.
ZyklonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 04:13 PM   #53
Dark Clarissa

Ha! This made me laugh!

They should be afraid! If they talked to a goth perhaps their tiny little brains might implode under the strain of having to have an intelligent conversation! lmao
Dark Clarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 04:28 PM   #54
Draconysius

What's this afflication called? Edlritchophobia? :B
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:24 AM   #55
UnSeenEvil

Back to "the seeing old family members you haven't seen in a while" part, do you ever get those odd questions about being goth, like you had to go through some ritual to put on black clothing and in some case black eyeliner. Then they just keep saying to each other that your just going through a phase and your grow out of it sometime. Ok than.
It's always funny seeing old friends from way back in the day and they'll look at you and be like "so, you're goth now?" but then you look at them say "so, your gangsters now?" then we just slowly walk away form each other. Childhood memory's out the window because of one moment of awkward judgment.
And another thing, I'm more of a metal head goth, I love the black and I love to mosh and I love the sick and twisted things about live. So, on days when I'm just wearing metal head gear, not looking at all gothic, I still some how get goth remarks. Some how people have confused everything that's not to their norm with Goth. Even when I'm looking consveration goth, just black dress clothes you know, and they still look at you weird
UnSeenEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:12 AM   #56
CandyKorns

That sounds really naive.
CandyKorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:18 AM   #57
Opteron_Man

I'm afaid of normal people.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote