Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:17 PM   #1
Jaye Jang

Angry It's snowing!!!!

I'm going to protest this to the weather person. How dare it!!! We're having a blizzard. That's not supposed to happen. We're going to have a 'white' Hallowe'en. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to have a Hallowe'en snowman this year.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:43 PM   #2
Geoluhread

I envy you
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:43 PM   #3
Underwater Ophelia

This may be the only time I say this on here, but I am extremely jealous.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:33 PM   #4
Saya

Shovel up what you can, put it in a big box, and mail it here.

We had flurries the other day but that was it
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:41 PM   #5
Jaye Jang

Cool

Well, one of my neighbors beat me to it. He's already out making a snowman and dressing it as .... the Unibomber???? Maybe not such a good game plan. After all, the local 'constabulary' are hypervigilant here. Hmmm.... *makes note to self: Do not dress snowman as the local sheriff.* Ha!
Old 10-10-2008, 06:46 PM   #6
TheBloodEternity

We don't even have white Christmases. I hate you!

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:51 PM   #7
Jaye Jang

TBE, GOI. (No, seriously. We used to go visit our relatives in the Carolinas and I can remember running through the sprinkler in my swimsuit on Christmas).
Old 10-10-2008, 09:06 PM   #8
Moonlightballet

Ah, yes I heard it was snowing in Idaho.
Moonlightballet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:14 PM   #9
BLEED REBELION!!!

I'm sorry.

SNOW SUCKS ASS!
Maybe you'll get lucky and you'll have an "Indian summer".

" I love 4play! Its the best thing I've ever done"
- My Boyfriend
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:21 PM   #10
Jaye Jang

So, Moonlight. How's the weather in Wisconsin? (I have relatives there. They have a maple syrup farm. When my kid was a youngster she thought that was awful. Finally found out she thought they were saying 'Mabel' syrup, so she thought they made it out of little girls named Mabel, and they thought that was pretty funny, so they still call it that. I think they must be 'goth' at heart).
Old 10-11-2008, 02:15 AM   #11
JCC

I hate snow, it's so boring.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 02:22 AM   #12
StrangeLove

:O

It's just .. rain here.
StrangeLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 02:27 AM   #13
Joker_in_the_Pack

I love snow, honestly. I absolutely hate the summer.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 02:40 AM   #14
JCC

Rain > snow.
Winter > summer.
Cold > hot.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 03:35 AM   #15
$haDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Rain > snow.
Winter > summer.
Cold > hot.

In Thailand

Rain = Flooding
Flooding = No electricity

Winter = No air conditioning usage allow
Winter = 29 degree C

No snow.

2 months winter -_-
Old 10-11-2008, 04:18 AM   #16
a morbid curiosity

It has been snowing here too. Not a blizzard though. Just alternate snow and hail. It sucks.
The only good part of snow is school closures; our schools close at the drop of a hat, leaving maths and chemistry in favour of the glorious Internet.
a morbid curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:52 PM   #17
Jaye Jang

AMC, I wish they would close stuff here, but we're so used to snow (winter here, $haDe, starts in August and ends in July) that they only close stuff when the snow buries the schoolbuses. And StrangeLove, I wish it would only rain. We get snow, thaw, freeze, snow, rain, slush, then more snow. So you drive on snow, on slush, on black ice -- sort of like driving on a glacier. About as unstable. In short, slide-offs major. I HATE driving in the winter here.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:04 PM   #18
Saya

Same here Jaye Jang, it has to be the storm of the century before anything closes. I remember last year we had a terrible terrible blizzard, I was working and they said if we went home that would count agaisnt our attendance (we only got ten days a year, if you missed more you get put on a warning for six months, if you missed a day on the six months you get put on a warning for a year, if you get to the final warning you can't miss a day for a year and a half 0.0 I'm sure that can't be legal). That was an outrage, metrobus pulled its buses off the road at six pm, and that was what most of us needed to get home. So they said they'd pay for our cabs home. So me and a friend called Jiffy cabs (thats who the call center was contracted with) and the dispatch guy said they only had two cabs on the road, and they were completely voluntary and may go home any time. And then some of the managers came in with groceries and bottled water, incase we all had to stay the night. At like nine pm we decided to go home anyway, it was pretty bad out and we did not want to stay the night. Took us about an hour and a half to drive home, and on a clear day its a fifteen minute drive.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:06 PM   #19
Geoluhread

Wow!! I wanna move there!!

I absolutly love winter... Feeling cold, cold toes and nose,.. I love that feeling!!
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 02:10 PM   #20
jack_the_knife

Here we have extremely foggy weather, looks absolutely stunning, I love seeing city's from far away when there very foggy.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 02:18 PM   #21
Jaye Jang

Unhappy

Geo, you'd get tired of the 'blue nose' syndrome real fast. Trust me. And the cabin fever.
Saya, I can relate. Takes me about two hours to drive either way in the winter. We're up in the mountains, so the worst thing is when the inversion kicks in and we get snow on black ice, etc., coupled with pea-soup-thick fog. Sometimes we just have to pull off the road. (I had to spend the night in my car once until the fog lifted, because the roads were too dangerous to drive on. That got freezy. That always helps especially when you just pulled two shifts and you are reeeallly, reeally tired). BTW, we have the same 'job thing' here. My boss at job #2 told me I cannot get sick until March of next year or I will be job hunting again. Bummer.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:08 PM   #22
Saya

What we do here is if its a long drive to keep a sleeping bag (the really warm ones for winter camping, can't remember the name for it) in the trunk and lots of drinking water.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:44 AM   #23
dead_dreams

I love snow it's the best stuff ever. I hate hot weather
dead_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:05 AM   #24
$haDe

You're so going to hate Thailand, dead_dreams.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:12 AM   #25
dead_dreams

Really? What's the average temp? I'm in NC and its only 60 degrees right now
dead_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote