Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 06-12-2006, 06:57 AM   #126
Wise Child

Sure - there's an email address in my profile. 'Twould be much appreciated!

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 07:00 AM   #127
spookypurple

You got it!

~Sending it now....

Hamlet
spookypurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:57 AM   #128
spookypurple

Hope you got it okay, Wise Child. I'd love to know what you think of it..

Hamlet
Old 06-12-2006, 08:56 PM   #129
winged_dreams

I was watching Drawn Together (a cartoon reality show) and I was thinking it would be fun and funny to do a goth Real World. XD

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 04:05 AM   #130
Wise Child

Wow, spooky. I got it and I love it! You seem to have a genuine way with comedy. It's got that Monty Python thing going on - utterly silly in places, while still managing to be very witty.

I'm not at all surprised that the festival wants it. I'd love to see it performed.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:25 AM   #131
wunky

a short story and i'm trying to get back into a trilogy i was writing. i was writing the first and second book simultaneously and managed to get writer's block onb oth of them. skill or what?
wunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:28 AM   #132
AlexSokoloff

Re: who's writing what at the moment?

Great thread, here - some really good (and disturbing!) ideas. I just wanted to say to Spooky Purple and Winged Dreams, since I'm immersed in publishing now (my first novel coming out in September, the second next year, if I can ever FINISH it!) - that vampire stories are their own whole genre these days and there are a lot of publishers who are actively looking for paranormal romance, so don't give up on your vampire stories just because they've been done. It's THE trend.

(Btw, Spooky Purple - I was a teacher, too, until I broke through into screenwriting, and I know what you mean - it was just impossible for me to write and teach. Sounds like you're doing exactly the right thing.)

Good luck with the scripts, Spooky P. and Dark Adventurer! You all are so prolific it's unnerving. I better go get some work done. Really stormy day, so that will help.

Alex
AlexSokoloff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:48 AM   #133
Sanctus Dei

So this is the first time I've stumbled in here... thought I should give it a look before it's gone right?

One short story (horror) and one trilogy (fantasy fiction)....
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:18 AM   #134
Child_of_Fury

I'm writing a somewhat Tekken-fanstory at the moment, a tragedy that has a very little to do with the game itself. It's the first part of the whole series that I call "Path of Endurance". It will have three or four parts; I write the first one, the second one is a movie that I already made with my friends, and the third one will be a comic book. The fourth part is still heavily under construction...
Child_of_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 03:33 PM   #135
spookypurple

Thank you, Wise Child - I'm glad it got there okay! Glad you liked it - it's always nice to get feedback! Especially such nice feedback too! I'll let you know how it goes...

And hi there AlexSokoloff! Thanks for the support. Good to know you're there. Who'd have thought - another scriptwriting ex-teacher! How was the storm? Did you manage to get much done? Do tell about the novel (what you're allowed to tell, that it! )!

Hamlet
Old 06-14-2006, 03:54 PM   #136
iloveafi

Hey . I do writing. I'm a newbie, if you don't recognize me. I just joined today. talk 2 me and i'll share my writing talents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spookypurple
I've been visiting a 'writer's' site over here and getting a bit frustrated with it. Seems everyone is more concerned with what they did at the weekend and what was on telly and whether a particular poster wears particular clothing... In short, nothing to do with writing!

I want to talk to someone who actually does some writing out there! I want to talk characterisation! Dialogue! Plotting! Editing! Formatting!

Please, please, talk to me!

What are you writing at the moment? What do you plan to do with it? Are you finding it easy? Difficult? Any tips?

I'm working on a play at the moment and finding it difficult to discipline myself to get anything done - it's starting to take shape, but I'm being a bit of a butterfly with it.
iloveafi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:42 PM   #137
spookypurple

Head-spinny moment! Apparently the youth 'street theatre' piece is being workshopped tomorrow (news to me!). This is ahead of the actual performance in a week's time. Also got asked tonight (at a stage fighting workshop - ace!) to take part in a rehearsed reading of someone's new play, which is going to be only 5 days before the play we're putting on at the Guilfest. In amongst all this is a couple of production meetings for this film project I've written. Thankfully the play I'm helping on with draping the set isn't until the end of next month... Oish!

Anyone know a good genetic scientist? I could do with a few clones a la "Multiplicity"! Or if anyone has any tips on staying sane during a short concentrated burst of extreeeeeme multi-tasking? This is worse than when I was teaching!

It's like buses...

Hamlet
Old 06-15-2006, 04:03 PM   #138
AlexSokoloff

Back atcha, Spooky Purple!

Apparently the youth 'street theatre' piece is being workshopped tomorrow (news to me!).

That's fantastic, Spooky Purple! Please update.

Yeah, it was a little weird for me to read your posts - teaching, theater, screenwriting, even "youth street theater" - we're living parallel lives! But I'm wildly jealous that you're even South of London, my favorite city. Maybe one day I'll get there for good... sigh...

The brief dope on the novel - I've worked in Hollywood for years, made a fine living, one movie made so far, but the system is HELL on original writers (and women, too.). A few years ago I got so revolted by The Process (which means corporate executives who know nothing about story telling writers what to do) that I started getting back the rights to my scripts. I took one, a supernatural thriller based on a real haunting I experienced in high school, and wrote it as a novel. It sold pretty much immediately - I got a two-book deal with St. Martin's Press and the first, THE HARROWING, is out Sept. 1st of this year. The second is also a supernatural thriller, which will be out next year. You can read all about it here: http://alexandrasokoloff.com/ - with visuals and everything.

Bottom line is - believe in what you're doing and if it's not happening in one medium, try another. You've just got to be true to your story and keep at it.

Alex
AlexSokoloff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:41 PM   #139
spookypurple

Aw, thanks! I'm still working on getting published. At the moment, just getting paid would be nice enough! Anyway, I'm at www.theresapoole.com - but it needs some serious updating to include the recent mad flurry of activity!

And yes, I will let you know how it goes off tomorrow (and the actual performance(s)!).

Hamlet
Old 06-15-2006, 07:54 PM   #140
Snugglekeeg

I have a super secret project Im working on at the moment, its an illustrated online episodic story called Wormwood.

In a nutshell, and without spoiling anything, it revolves around a young man who walks on the darker side of life (suprise?). He is slowly coming to grips with his deteriorating psyche, as fantasy begins to intertwine with reality. However he fails to realize that he is tearing back the curtain on otherworldy events.
Snugglekeeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 08:14 PM   #141
Snugglekeeg

I may need to change the name Wormwood to avoid confusion with Poppy Z's book of the same name.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:41 AM   #142
spookypurple

You don't listen to The Residents by any chance, do you???

Ooh - have you ever read "The Demolished Man" by Alfred Bester?

Hamlet
Old 06-16-2006, 11:19 AM   #143
Snugglekeeg

I haven't gotten around to reading "The Demolished Man" yet, I heard it was a mix of SciFi and Cyberpunk though. Ill have to check out The Residents, what kind of music do they play?
Old 06-16-2006, 01:18 PM   #144
spookypurple

er, ooh, that's a tough one, actually. They're kind of experimental, kind of avant-garde...

This site has a lot of their music on:http://music.allofmp3.com/mp3/The_Re...mcatalog.shtml

And this is the site: http://www.residents.com/

They had an album called Wormwood. Your saying the name just reminded me of it.

Hamlet
Old 06-24-2006, 03:08 AM   #145
spookypurple

I am now officially under orders to get my new play finished!

The group that I act with had a read-through of the latest 1 act play and are now keep to get onto the full-length one. I have till September...

Anyone else got some deadlines coming up? Let's all get together to electronically hold each other's hands and drink coffee/herb tea into the wee small hours.

Though that may make typing a bit awakward hee hee!

Hamlet
Old 06-25-2006, 09:29 AM   #146
angel011

Congrats, spooky! Should I wish you to break a leg?
Old 06-25-2006, 09:59 AM   #147
spookypurple

Aww, thanks sweetie. <3

Limb breakage is fine...

Hamlet
Old 06-26-2006, 03:01 PM   #148
Godslayer Jillian

Writing some short stories at the same time. The one I'm more focused on right now is called the "Flesh Sculptor" (I hope no one has used that title already).
It has to be graphic; that's the thing that hasn't let me finish yet: I want it to be repulsive, to contain the deepest desires and nightmares of the human psyche merged into what this guy calls "art"

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:13 PM   #149
Vampeilla

Red face First gothic publication

Iworte a gothic-erotic story titled THE TARGET and just had it published on the TIT-ELATION web site. The story is about a vampire searching for the perfect man, you know what I mean. It conatins levels of a bittersweet romance, the hunt for fresh blood, and the conquering of the vampires target (thus the title ).
Vampeilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:10 PM   #150
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I have a poetry book already written, and I am working another one. All I do is write. Poetry mainly. But I have 4 novels I am working on bit by bit. Writing is great. I love to do it.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote