Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-07-2007, 06:31 PM   #1
Wormboy

Exclamation OK I normally don't post many threads but I have to

Sternn, please, be a dear and SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT America. We get it, you hate our government, and all our politicians are a bunch of crooks and monsters. WE ALREADY ARE FULLY AWARE OF OUR SHORT COMINGS, WE DON'T NEED SOME BORED IRISHMAN SITTING IN FRONT OF A KEYBOARD POINTING THEM OUT! You have started more anti american threads than ANYONE on this site to date. Seriously, if you don't like this country, that's all well and good, I'm not a Bush lover (in any sense ) but seriously give it a damn rest already. Honestly I think the good majority of your posts are articles about a country you don't even live in, followed by ten or twenty more posts arguing against people about it. We may not have the best country but we sure as shit don't have the worst, so shut up and move the fuck on already.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:18 PM   #2
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy
[Sternn has] started more anti american threads than ANYONE on this site to date.
You mean other people have started anti-American topics?!
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:37 PM   #3
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
You mean other people have started anti-American topics?!
I'm sure theoretically someone somewhere posted one

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:12 AM   #4
MollyMac

When you have nothing left of your self, you do always retain the ability to criticize others... it's easier then fixing your own back yard.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:14 AM   #5
TopHaggardDoll

I've been waiting for something like this.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:38 AM   #6
Metabolik

I'm glad England doen'y have this problem...hey...wait WE DO! Oh SHI-!
Old 09-08-2007, 09:37 AM   #7
Underwater Ophelia

Guys. It's a public forum. If he feels like posting true and accurate threads in the POLITICS board, it's completely fine.
It's the POLITICS board, what the fuck do you post about in there? Pants? No. Politics.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:56 AM   #8
LadyLucretia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Guys. It's a public forum. If he feels like posting true and accurate threads in the POLITICS board, it's completely fine.
It's the POLITICS board, what the fuck do you post about in there? Pants? No. Politics.
And this is the WHINING forum . If there's no limits on bias in the politics forum, then why would there be any here?
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:16 AM   #9
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLucretia
And this is the WHINING forum . If there's no limits on bias in the politics forum, then why would there be any here?
There aren't. I never told him to stop whining. Or did I and only you could read it?
Old 09-08-2007, 11:00 AM   #10
Vyvian Blackthorne

Quote:
Gahahah! Pants. :F

Sternn has always been at Gnet, he likely always will be. And his opinions of Americans I find myself agreeing with. He never really resorts to mud-slinging toward other members, with the execption of what happened a few years ago.

Otherwise, I don't see why bother.

Goth Forever
Old 09-08-2007, 11:03 AM   #11
LadyLucretia

Quote:
There aren't. I never told him to stop whining. Or did I and only you could read it?
Oh wait, were you just whining about his whining then? Ok, that's fine then.
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:07 AM   #12
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLucretia
Oh wait, were you just whining about his whining then? Ok, that's fine then.
You don't need to tell me, I understand how this website works.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:08 AM   #13
Rae Ven Rae

Hey--I am an American and I am not offended--I mean, if people have this opinion of us abroad, who fault is that???
Rae Ven Rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:57 AM   #14
Wormboy

Usually I agree with his positions, don't get me wrong, but seriously, you think he might give it a rest and join in other forums. All he ever does is those damn anti american threads

Old 09-09-2007, 04:07 AM   #15
Valerius

People here usually ignore sternn and his rantings and self-agrandizement. He's like a permanent fixture on Gnet's rear end, so just chill and recognize that if a person has nothing else better to do than shit anti-American topics like a brain-washed insurgent on steroids 24/7 then there has to be a deeper problem than simple issues.

Daddy problems, perhaps?

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:51 AM   #16
Cyntrox

Quote:
I second that.

I'm back, by the way.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:59 PM   #17
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerius
He's like a permanent fixture on Gnet's rear end
Much like that ugly bow on the lower ass of that skirt I posted in the Fashion section?
Or is that not adequate?
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:50 PM   #18
Anguelon

As a person who loves Irish people (my godfather and godmother are Irish), it's hard for me to believe that Sternn is Irish. Then, I went back through old posts and saw them and you're right. He's very anti-American and very biased. He's like the Irish version of Taliban which is funny if you imagine the taliban tribe hopping around , drinking whiskey althought their muslim, dressed in the islamic dresscode with bright green shamrocks imprinted all over them. Anyhoo, it is the political forum and everyone is entitled to an opinion but what bothers me is that Sternn always tries to make a point that he's always right even thought he's the one who posted the article or link in the first place thus maybe wanting our opinions.

The whole point is that Sternn could be like the Palestinian refugees or islamic extremists in my country who abhor the United States and burn the American flag while wearing a Raiders t-shirt that was given to them by charity. So Sternn, could be one of those people, per se, using American products yet trashing America. That's what we call being a hypocrate. (No offense to you Sternn, this is just a theory)

And you can always ignore what I just wrote for the sake of your retina and remember what many Americans put in their offices. " If you have nothing to do, go do it elsewhere." Get my drift?
Old 09-09-2007, 02:01 PM   #19
Saddiction

It's doubtful that Sternn will even reads this. He basically sticks to the News or Politics thread (which is within the boundries of his arguments).

I'm with Ophelia on this one.

Comparing Sternn to an American flag burning Islamic extremist is a bit irrational, in my opinion. However, as you mentioned Anguelon, an opinion is something that everyone is entitled to.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:07 PM   #20
Anguelon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddiction
It's doubtful that Sternn will even reads this. He basically sticks to the News or Politics thread (which is within the boundries of his arguments).

I'm with Ophelia on this one.

Comparing Sternn to an American flag burning Islamic extremist is a bit irrational, in my opinion. However, as you mentioned Anguelon, an opinion is something that everyone is entitled to.
Saddy, Baby...I couldn't help but imagine that while reading Womboy's starter. I don't know, maybe it's because I'm surrounded by that shit...I should think more out of the box though. I'm now imagining leprechauns dressed in abayeh (islamic dress), eating lucky charms and saying in arabic : "Al mawt Li Amrica" which means "Death for America" Well, I wish I knew how to say that in Gaelic. Damn Francophone country!
Old 09-09-2007, 07:41 PM   #21
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguelon
As a person who loves Irish people (my godfather and godmother are Irish), it's hard for me to believe that Sternn is Irish.

He's like the Irish version of Taliban
As for the first part...that's asstastic. Saying you love the Irish is just as offensive as saying you hate them. You're assuming they're all the same.

And the second part...all Sternn does is sit at his computer and type shit. We can't assume he's killed Americans, wants to kill Americans, burns flags, or flies planes into high-rises. Get a grip.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:12 AM   #22
Valerius

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelleDameSansMerci
Much like that ugly bow on the lower ass of that skirt I posted in the Fashion section?
Or is that not adequate?
Well, it's a start, but not quite. An ugly bow only makes the wearer look stupid, while sternn makes himself look stupid.

He once claimed to work with the Hamas while claiming at the same time to hate anything religion-related.

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:36 AM   #23
Anguelon

Quote:
As for the first part...that's asstastic. Saying you love the Irish is just as offensive as saying you hate them. You're assuming they're all the same.

And the second part...all Sternn does is sit at his computer and type shit. We can't assume he's killed Americans, wants to kill Americans, burns flags, or flies planes into high-rises. Get a grip.

Miss Ophelia, I don't appreciate the fact that everytime I type something you go attacking me this way. What you wrote has no meaning whatsoever. I was just using mere sarcasm. I like Irish for their witty humor and their culture. I didn't assume anyone was the same. YOu just said he sits at his computer and type shit. Well, you just said what I said in a more harsh way. So please, if you don't have a sense of humor, don't bother commenting. It was just a funny comparison and no u need to get a grip missy. It's you who is constipated. Try using a laxative.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:15 AM   #24
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I am a patriotic American, but I like Sternn: he was there during Goth's beginning, has been to the actual batcave and shit. He is as goth as anyone here. I love America, but I support free speech, even in the form of flag burning. The flag is just a symbol. Enough radicals in other countries burn the flag anyway. Anyway, if you look at Sternn in the context of his whole personality, he belongs here. I have engaged him in civil conversation, and his posts make one think hard about one's preconceptions. I would rather have his kind of thought provoking, explained opposition than the mere insults others (including myself) have resorted to using to contest viewpoints. He is a good example of an intelligent, thinking Goth.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:50 AM   #25
CptSternn

Wow, all this talk about me makes my nipples rock hard :P
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote