Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 05:47 PM   #8401
Corpus_Draconis

hmm... Yeah, sounds like she could have a few problems...

I got paid today to watch stupid videos and listen to people talk. Aka, job training.
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:26 PM   #8402
TwistedKitsune

I just taught my silly beast how to say "I groped your butt" in Japanese...and he's having fun making use of it. I ought to quit calling him "my" silly beast though. He's not mine.

pssst, Morrigan, tokidoki shashin wa ii...
Old 04-29-2006, 09:19 PM   #8403
bjork_freak

Congrats!
Old 04-29-2006, 10:16 PM   #8404
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
The funniest thing is that they all want to point out that we are a nation of immigrants. But those who went through the system to become legal immigrants are the most vocal critics of these ingrates. How about we adopt the immigration policy of your native land, take possession of all your property and dump you in the nearest ocean? Just work within the system, and learn some English, for crying out loud!
Ben, the problem is, if that policy is enacted, then what? Will America send 12 million people to jail?
And what about the people brought illegally to America when they were kids? They have no idea what Mexico is like. America has been their home their whole lives.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:51 PM   #8405
ghostposts

All immigration issues aside, you're telling me the hispanic/mexican/insert correct term here people are staying at home on Labor Day?

Has anybody pointed out the problem with this? It ain't rocket science, people.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:45 AM   #8406
Godslayer Jillian

Hehe, that's what I was just thinking about.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:11 AM   #8407
Blushing Heliophobe

Extremely random randomness : yesterday I made and hung curtains in my kitchen, den, living room, front door, hallway, and nursery.

And I did it all on $40! I bought 3 sheet sets and made the curtains out of sheets.

Take that, Martha Stewart!
Old 04-30-2006, 01:51 AM   #8408
Sanctus Dei

Congrats Xng!!!

I almosted died of laughter tonight for the same reasons as Ben, a group of gothy-goths skulked into my work to eat one of the girls (with the shortest skirt) had her hair in odd thin pig tails on the front of her head like anime bangs!?... her fella (I'm assuming he was male) appeared to be an afeminate version of a throw back swedish black metal band member only he was wearing uber short black jean cut offs (like the old school rollerskaters with the crazy rainbow headbands) Oddly enough they were the loudest group in the restaurant and every last one of them had overly dyed black as midnight hair and a gagle of silver jewlery. I suppose laughing wasn't entirely nice but god, I couldn't help it.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:50 AM   #8409
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Ben, the problem is, if that policy is enacted, then what? Will America send 12 million people to jail?
And what about the people brought illegally to America when they were kids? They have no idea what Mexico is like. America has been their home their whole lives.
No, I think I stated it clearly - "How about we adopt the immigration policy of your native land, take possession of all your property and dump you in the nearest ocean?"

I never used the word jail and neither should you. Mexico's constitution states that at any time that any local official determines that he wishes to do so, he can order the expulsion of any non-citizen and immediately dictate that the state take possession of all their belongings. All those people who have purchased land in Mexico, look out! It can be taken away at any time. If the US adopted the immigration policy of Mexico, these people would be in a world of hurt.

While the law that is winding it's way through the senate is troubling and highly unenforceable, the protests are ridiculous. Our immigration policy does not make it difficult to become a citizen. It just takes some work and some commitment. I object to people who want the easy way out at other people's expense and you should too.

And as far as your second paragraph goes, for each of those children, there is a responsible adult who is still at fault. I don't like the "what about the kids" arguments that are brought up in these kinds of issues, because children are used to justify a lot of bad behavior.

Okay, let me address that one with my "optimum" solution. A child is brought here illegally by an illegal immigrant parent from Mexico? The parent should be found to be "negligent" as a parent for inducing his/her child into illegal pracices and putting his/her child in danger. We take children away from people all the time for being bad parents and I believe this would qualify. So we could do that. But I believe the child would probably be better off being exported with the parant. So I'm open to either solution.

Ultimately, the law has to be repaired to where it is actually enforceable, including a plan that allows these folks to EARN their citizenship and reassures us all that the promise of America IS still attainable for all if we are willing to WORK for it. And the illegal aliens need to put down the Mexican flags, go back to work or school and start the process of becoming a citizen with all the responsibilities that entails.

And I now realize this should probably go to politics if it goes further. I apologize for this. I don't really want a long discussion about this ... I was just originally answering a simple question.

Anyway, how about them Houston Texans? ... oh, DOH!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 04-30-2006, 06:06 AM   #8410
succubus,queenofvampires

Congrats, Xng!

My tommy hurts! A lot!

Cartman(South Park): It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a woman's separation; this sort of penetration will
increase the population of the younger generation.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:09 AM   #8411
Ben Lahnger

Yes, congratulations Xng! I hope your "sisterhood" makes you happy.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 04-30-2006, 06:45 AM   #8412
Ben Lahnger

MORON OF THE WEEK from www.thisistrue.com:

While taking a class in Valparaiso, Ind., Teresa Prenderville, 32, allegedly became irate when another student asked if the seat next to her was taken. Prenderville allegedly told the man, "I'm going to put a cap in you and send you to heaven" with such intensity, the man started crying.

Prenderville then stormed out to the school's lobby, broke a display case, and then punched a door so hard she bent its frame, police say, noting she was so agitated they had to restrain her after her arrest for intimidation and criminal mischief. The class? You guessed it: Anger Management. (Northwest Indiana Times)

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 04-30-2006, 08:08 AM   #8413
pitseleh

Wow. I will never be able to understand people who get angry so easily. Obviously they need help.

Anger management classes should be all about people sitting around in a room full of cushions, smoking weed and listening to ultra-slow drone metal like Nadja or Earth. If nothing else, it would mess with their heads so much they would forget to be angry.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:29 AM   #8414
DarkIce

Finally managed to upload my new avatar after fiddling with the computer to shrink it...
Old 04-30-2006, 08:45 AM   #8415
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel29
And and... but but but... I wanna know!
Platypus(?)
Old 04-30-2006, 08:48 AM   #8416
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus Dei
A group of gothy-goths skulked into my work to eat one of the girls (with the shortest skirt)

Thats my kinda restaurant.

*evil grin*
Old 04-30-2006, 08:58 AM   #8417
tekajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus Dei
I almosted died of laughter tonight for the same reasons as Ben, a group of gothy-goths skulked into my work to eat one of the girls (with the shortest skirt)...
My first thought was "Whoa! Where the fuck do you work?!"...then i read the rest of the post and calmed down...a bit.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:03 AM   #8418
tekajo

Don't even try to say you didn't think the same thing when you read it too.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:04 AM   #8419
Empty_Purple_Stars

I was lecherous first!!!!

*stomps foot*

Sniffles..

Old 04-30-2006, 09:06 AM   #8420
WolfMoon

Mine too!

edit: Damn you wankers and your simul-posting!!

Old 04-30-2006, 09:50 AM   #8421
Demonista_Ravenesque

Noooo! School's starting tomorrow and my sleeping pattern's screwed!

During the autumn vacation, the rare Demonista specimen chooses to vacate herself somewhere warm, her hibernation time only lasting 7 hours.

This creature usually chooses to start her hibernation sequence at 10am and waking up at 5pm.

Help me!

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Old 04-30-2006, 09:53 AM   #8422
tekajo

EDIT: i think i can manage being behind EPS.

i wonder...does anyone else go to the beginning of long threads such as this one just to see remember what it was like three years ago?

i always seem to find something by TStone that i missed on the first go 'round that makes me laugh at his wit and jealous of his writing ability. My all time favourite was his crabbing excursion..."What did the crab do to piss the snails off?"

The End.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:53 AM   #8423
Queenofdarkness57

Demonsita, can you give me some hair tips???
How do you do it like that? Did you dye your hair with only 1 color?
Please...
Old 04-30-2006, 09:57 AM   #8424
Demonista_Ravenesque

Spell my name right

I got my dreads professionally done, it cost me $270 and it took 6 hours.

Well, yeah, I only dye my hair one colour, only the fringe because the rest is synthetic hair.

What tips do you want me to give, be more specific!

Oh, by the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonista_Ravenesque
Noooo! School's starting tomorrow and my sleeping pattern's screwed!

During the autumn vacation, the rare Demonista specimen chooses to vacate herself somewhere warm, her hibernation time only lasting 7 hours.

This creature usually chooses to start her hibernation sequence at 10am and waking up at 5pm.

Help me!

How bloody tragic! Poor Demonista! *hugs and gives chocolate to*

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Old 04-30-2006, 10:04 AM   #8425
Queenofdarkness57

Oops sorry, Demonista. Am I forgiven?
I thought you did the dreads by yourself. You kind of answered my question. Thanks anyways.
Oh, I'm going to dye my hair blue!
* hands another chocolate to poor Demonista, and hopes that'll help*
Closed Thread