Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:43 PM   #1
Opteron_Man

Nasty Scars

Got scars? Who doesn't. Got a nasty one? Share it!
Bwahahahahahahaha!
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:45 PM   #2
Opteron_Man

I have a spooky one on my right middle finger. It has always been there. I can't explane it. I drew a crude picture of it.
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...n_Man/Scar.jpg
What the hell is that!? If it was a cut from long ago, what the hell would make a slice like that?
Old 04-02-2008, 06:54 PM   #3
AngelikDemonik

Have you had sutures put in there?

I have little specks of tar in my knee-caps (from falling down while roller blading). I have a small scar on my face from popping a pimple (which is why you should never do that). I have a burn scar on my tummy in the shape of a heart from a cigarette.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:02 PM   #4
Johnny Gnar Gnar

I have many scars. Finger, from trying to lop it off with a knife as a kid. *note sarcasm* Three on my knee from surgery, after eating it skiing, elbow, back, hip from wrecking my motorcycle. I have a burn from the rotor on my mountain bike brake on my calf, the other calf has a line of spots from catching it on my sprocket on my mountain bike... Let's see. I have one on the face from a dog bite. I think those are the major ones.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:12 PM   #5
Opteron_Man

I wish I could take a picture, but my webcam is too shitty to take such a closeup pic.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:26 PM   #6
raggedyanne

Where to start . . . I have a 5inch long raised section on the back-right side of my head from when I fell out of a tree, hit a rock, and got ten staples because the stitches were breaking as the doctor put them in. Then there's the scars all over my arms from fights, rock climbing, and trying to jump off a moving vehicle. I have a ton of nasty scars on my shins from climbing fences and being kicked by my friends. And there's the cat claw embedded in the back of my left hand. And the indent above my right eyebrow where my mom closed my head in a car door . . .
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:08 PM   #7
prophecyofdoom

Some asshole kid stabbed my hand with a pencil in first grade, and some dumbshit school nurse slapped a bandaid on it instead of taking the lead out, so the lead is still in there. This part didn't leave a lasting mark, but that same dumbshit school nurse also put a bandaid over the nail on my middle finger that got bent backwards in the scuffle, and I was in agony all day till I got home and my mom saw it, took the bandaid off, and bent the nail back the right way.

Also, there is a scar on my thumb from the skin being ripped away when I fell off my bike in elementary school and slid down a hill on my face. Just above my eyebrow had a scar too but it faded away after about 10 years.

Help us to be the always hopeful
Gardeners of the spirit
Who know that without darkness
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
prophecyofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:12 PM   #8
killer_asian_Dax

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophecyofdoom
Some asshole kid stabbed my hand with a pencil in first grade, and some dumbshit school nurse slapped a bandaid on it instead of taking the lead out, so the lead is still in there.

You asshole! how dare you steal my life in first grade!!!

Just kidding. Seriously though, that EXACT same thing happened to me in first grade.

Oh, I'm not sure if you know this or not but, the "lead" in pencils actually isn't real lead. If it was, we'd be long since dead by now. It's actually graphite which is a form of carbon.

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:16 PM   #9
TopHaggardDoll

I just have loads...i'm not even gunna bother counting.

my favourites though are two I did for body modifcation purposes, an all seeing eye on the side of my calf and half a butterfly on my thigh.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:45 AM   #10
Raptor

I have a suprisingly small scar on my knee. I fell over on a dry ski slope whilst wearing jeans, and the bristle things ripped through the jeans, and then did the same to the skin under it.
Also have one on my thumb from using a blunt knife and sliping with it. Guess that one taught me a lesson.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:29 AM   #11
Bete Noire

My little finger has a scar all the way along it from glass. My knuckles are covered in small scars, my middle finger on my left hand has a big lump on the knuckle nearest the fingertip, and a scar either side of the lump. That was from a car door. I've got various scars from various things on my arms as well.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:08 AM   #12
Solumina

I have a small indent on my forehead from someone's tooth (don't play tag on hard wood floors while wearing socks) and a three inch long scar right under my left breast from being thrown off a horse into a fence (can't really blame the girl for spooking, it was a bright sunny day and then there was a bolt of lightning and a loud clap of thunder out of nowhere, it startled me too)
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:09 AM   #13
korinna5555

Lets see..
I have:
a bunch on my hands from cats
a little one on my pinkie where Justin stabbed me
one from busting my knuckle open
one on my wrist from getting slammed in a freezer
one on my wrist from a lariat
one on my arm from an eraser burn
a bunch all over from mosquitoes
one on my cheek from being bitten by a dog
one on my forehead from having a full super soaker thrown at me
one on my leg from hiking
a bunch on my knees from hiking/rock climbing/messing around outside
a few on my feet from blisters
one on my boob from chicken pox
and.. I think that's it. I had a bunch from barbed wire, but they faded.
I also have SI scars, but I'd rather not talk about those.
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:34 AM   #14
Underwater Ophelia

I'll talk about SI scars.

I have a really pretty scar on my right tit that I gave myself. I don't do that anymore, but I'm glad I have that scar, because it's really sexy.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:52 AM   #15
Tea and Cake or Death

I fell through a glass coffee table, so now I have a ton of little spots on my arm where glass was sticking out of it. I looked like a porcupine. Also, a scar on my knee from when I was a little girl, and I got hit by a truck. Come to think of it, my older sister got hit by a truck too. Hmmmm.
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:31 PM   #16
chelseagirl

I have a keloid scar on my upper arm where I got one session of laster tattoo removal done (to lighten up a matching tattoo that I got with my first husband, so I could cover it up with another tat). The doctor fracked up and ended up giving me a third degree burn. I had to wear a burn patch on it for 365 days, 23 hours a day, and also get painful weekly cortisone injections in it for six months. At it's biggest, the scar stuck about 1 inch out...you could even see it through shirt sleeves. After a year, it finally went back down alot, and I got a tattoo over it, but if you rub it you can feel the swirly burn-scar skin.

I also have a battery acid scar that...involved...a "toy" and batteries that had gone bad and started leaking. That was not cool...not cool at all.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:16 PM   #17
Underwater Ophelia

Oh my God! Tell me you did NOT give your pussy a chemical burn!!!
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:19 PM   #18
Stormtrooper of Death

I've got a 2 inch raised scar on my left arm from when a jagged edge cut me down to the bone. Ouch. I got a scar on my left palm from a pocket knife accident that went horribly wrong. I also have a scar under my right eye from when an icecicle (sp?) fell down when I was being stupid and trying to knock them down. That's about it.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:03 PM   #19
DefinedRapture

I got a sorta interesting set of lined scars going across my upper arm.
like : | |
how?
I forgot what kind of saw it is.. i'll discribe it to you. Its about 7 feet tall, entirely covered in rust, and it was propped against a wall and my exboyfriend accidently knocked it over bending down to get something.. and it fell down and went in pretty deep. a fair amount of blood. he caught it just in time for it to get to deep, awesomly enough. nothing as bad as you guys, but it was "cool" looking once it healed.
DefinedRapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:59 PM   #20
chelseagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Oh my God! Tell me you did NOT give your pussy a chemical burn!!!
lol, I wish I could tell you no, but alas I cannot. It was truly horrible, my husband felt soooooo bad! He was like...what the hell is going on? lol, I think he screamed more than I did. We DEFINITELY heed the advice of taking batteries OUT of those things when they are not in use now, that's for sure!
Old 04-04-2008, 04:54 AM   #21
Raptor

Dear god...
Batteries are not nice. A shelf in my room has a dip in it where a battery leaked and ate through some of the wood.
So just aaaah.

And icicle, I think, Stormtrooper.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:27 AM   #22
Beneath the Shadows

The only two really notable ones I have are one on my hip where I took a spill off my old BMX bike and slid about 5 meters on crappy pavement, and one on my arm where I used a lighter to try to give myself a smiley face but ended up with a burn the size of a thumb-print. There's also a few around the burn scar from kitchen knives from way back when I used to be a cutter (I quit doing that, though) and one on my forehead from getting cracked over the head with a broom. And the chin scar. Just about everyone whose had a bike has that one.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:01 PM   #23
DeathToLems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
and one on my arm where I used a lighter to try to give myself a smiley face .
I did that too. But I didn't use a clipper lighter so it turned out to just be 2 little lines from the wheel. It still shows up when I get a slight tan.
I have a scar on my right knee where I had to get a wart removed.
A chicken pox scar on my head which now looks like a small circle dent.
A scar right next to my eye where I got nipped by a dog.
They are the only ones I know off.
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #24
Azura Mistryl

I have loads of little scars all up and down my arms, hands and fingers simply from being an active child who lives in the woods and had to gather and chop wood for the stove.
I have a random triangle scar on my hand, and I have no idea where it came from, I have had it forever.
I have a small oval on my foot from when my brother pulled an iron down onto my foot because I was chasing him...What? He stole my soother!
I have a scar on my....*cough* well, I have a scar from a dog bite, who knew guards dogs don't like to be hugged goodnight? That's was funny, I came running out of the barn screaming, and my brother (who had been sent to check on me) thought I was laughing and just left me there.
Azura Mistryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:37 PM   #25
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathToLems
A chicken pox scar on my head which now looks like a small circle dent.
I have the same thing! I've got an oval crater on my forehead from chicken pox.

I have a quarter-sized scar below my right knee from falling on a bolt on a railroad track when I was 8. It was really ugly... I think I cried more cuz it looked so icky rather than cuz it hurt...
I have one on the palm-side of the joint that joins my thumb to my hand from letting my chisel slip while I was carving one day. I had to go get stitches for that... and then do 12 hours of screen printing the next day... >.<
And I've got a bunch of SI scars on my arms. I haven't done it for over a year, but I still wear long sleeves all the time when I go out (even in +30C weather). It's such a bother though that I'm thinking that I should just stop caring and go short-sleeved anyway...
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote