Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:06 AM   #51
Opteron_Man

I don't worry about HD. The graphics are excellent, and the games are good. I run mine behind a surge protector/UPS. Also have a small desk fan blowing cool air at it too. So I haven't had any issues with it. Mine is the "Pro" version made in Dec 2008, so it has the new updated mobo. I love my Xbox 360. I'm going 50/50 with Mum, and buying one for my little brother in June.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:05 PM   #52
Opteron_Man

I went from a NES, Sega, to a Nintendo 64, then to a Xbox 360 Pro! Each time, it was when each console was pretty expensive, then I bought the Xbox 360 pro a frew months ago. Kind of humbling, because I remember clearly when the Nintendo 64 was king of the game console beasts! Hmm.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #53
Metabolik

My Xbox broke
Old 06-19-2009, 02:01 PM   #54
Kij.

So I've heard.
Kij. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:43 PM   #55
I Don't Need Eyes

you sexbox addicts forgot all the good PS3 games: MGS4, Killzone 2, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, God of War 3, Reisistance, Resistance 2, Little Big Planet, Motorstorm, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, the list is growing. btw lost odyssy (for 360) is 4 discs! and xbox live is not worth paying for!!!!
I Don't Need Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:02 PM   #56
Needlefeet

Funny, I was looking at this the other day.
A 360 all up is cheaper (with live, games etc etc) than just the console and a controller for a ps3. So it has value.
Graphics... Who cares? They're almost the same.
God of War is probably the best reason to get a ps3. Or Killzone... etc etc.
Live is good and worth paying for, there's SHITLOADS of people who play live so you've got more people to play with. Unfortunately, a lot of those people are idiots.
Needlefeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:31 PM   #57
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needlefeet View Post
Funny, I was looking at this the other day.
A 360 all up is cheaper (with live, games etc etc) than just the console and a controller for a ps3. So it has value.
Graphics... Who cares? They're almost the same.
God of War is probably the best reason to get a ps3. Or Killzone... etc etc.
Live is good and worth paying for, there's SHITLOADS of people who play live so you've got more people to play with. Unfortunately, a lot of those people are idiots.
I still say Little Big Planet is the best reason to get a PS3, until they decide to grace us finally with Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIV.

My roommate got a loan of an Xbox so she could play Fable, and it was such a good game its a shame that Fable 2 is only on the Xbox 360, there's not many other games on that console that I would like to play and I can't justify buying one just for one game.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:34 PM   #58
Needlefeet

Halo 3 and Gears of War 2 are coming with the Pro I'm getting in a few days for my birthday. GoW should be eh and Halo 3 should be fun for online play against mates.
I also wanna grab Call of Duty 4 and I'll probably pick up a few other games along the way. For now all i want is Halo 3 and CoD 4.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:45 AM   #59
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Tales of Vesperia is on Xbox 360, and is fucking amazing AND there's no guarantee the ps3 port will make it out of Japan
Old 07-05-2009, 03:20 AM   #60
Still Jack

EA skate on the Xbox is the shit. One of the very few games that I can always go back to without getting bored.
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:05 AM   #61
I Don't Need Eyes

also Uncharted Drake's fortune and Ratchet & Clank. and yeah graphics DO matter!!! uh duh the major point of next-gen!!
I Don't Need Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:56 AM   #62
Pantherlette086

I'm not a big Xbox fan, I always liked Playstation better. I still don't have a PS3 though! By the time I get one, there will be something else out.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:39 PM   #63
Diabolical

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Don't Need Eyes View Post
The 360 sucks. Its not HD. The games are DVDs. DVDs are not HD. Thats why they made an HD DVD external add on drive. Also the online is not free! It dosen't even have a web browser!! Microsoft computers didn't put an internet capability!! PS3 kicks 360's ass big time!
If the PS3 is so great, why is it usually way behind in sales?

360 owns.
Diabolical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:30 AM   #64
Needlefeet

Xbox 360 has a far better online section.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:20 PM   #65
aperson

Xbox does suck... It gets the rings waay to much. Thats why ps3 rocks!
aperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:00 PM   #66
the-nihilist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
So read a book instead.
Y'know I can never seem to get in a comfortable position to read a book. I usually end up reading PDF files on my PC.
the-nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:30 AM   #67
Needlefeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
Xbox does suck... It gets the rings waay to much. Thats why ps3 rocks!
I think they fixed that in the newest gen of consoles. From some time in 2008 or this past March (I think...) they fixed that and it no longer happens in consoles. Not sure though and I can't remember as to where I heard that so don't hold it against me.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:49 AM   #68
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I haven't had a RRoD ever, and I've had my 360 for a while. Anyway the talk of the ps3's potential is worthless until developers start putting out games that really utilize that potential.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:19 PM   #69
Needlefeet

True.
My mate plays his 360 into the ground and he's had it for years. He hasn't had a RRoD either. HOWEVER my first girlfriend's brother bought a 360 last year and 3 months later it Red Ring'd.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:07 AM   #70
viscus

I got a PS3 for half price last month as part of an internet service deal. So far, I've only played Heavenly Sword, LBP, and Bioshock. I really want Infamous, but it hasn't been released in Japan.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:22 PM   #71
DemiGoth

I don't care for either one. PS3 doesn't have the games i like and i dont care THAT much about the graphics. and i dont worry about online gaming that much, i just want to play a fun single player campaign game.

but i do agree the 360 needs a LOT of work, and considering its from microsoft (BILL FRICKEN GATES!!!) and its done so crappy, its unacceptable. bill gates the multi billionare couldnt throw in a few million dollars to keep away red rings and keep 360's from breaking? its sickening... greedy frig face...

but i can get most games i want for the PC so im fine, plus i have the wii so i dont need another console that badly. but you have a good arguement i give you that.
DemiGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:21 PM   #72
Needlefeet

I'm fairly sure Bill Gates retired and now does shit with his wife in a charity.
He's no longer head of Microsoft, I don't think.

Amboss: Did you vote during the last Presidential election?
Daniel: Why, yes! I voted for Andi Sex Gang!
Old 07-26-2009, 11:48 PM   #73
CptSternn

The next Xbox coming out is going to kick much arse. Anyone been reading up on it?
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:57 PM   #74
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needlefeet View Post
I'm fairly sure Bill Gates retired and now does shit with his wife in a charity.
He's no longer head of Microsoft, I don't think.
Nope, now MS is helmed by Steve Ballmer, arguably a worse animal.

Man, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift is freakin' awesome.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 02:22 PM   #75
Unseelie Sluagh

I have the 360 and used to have the PS3 but the ex-girlfriend took it (it was her's to begin with). I love both consoles equally, although I'm slightly more in favor of the 360. The infrastructure is a little more well thought out, I feel and I like the interface (Dashboard) a bit better. The PS3 has some great advantages, although, such as Blu-ray for both games and movies and excellent exclusives like Little Big Planet and God of War III.
Unseelie Sluagh is offline   Reply With Quote