Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 06-15-2011, 04:10 PM   #1
BonoboofMolech

Bonobos of Molech

Check out these goth tunes and let me know what you think

either myspace.com/gunsanddopeparty

or reverbnation.com/gunsanddopeparty

There's a good track about Zombies you might like...

Thanks...
BonoboofMolech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
Grausamkeit

No one cares about your band. Go away.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:22 AM   #3
Stormtrooper of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
No one cares about your band. Go away.
+1

This has made my day.
Stormtrooper of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:56 AM   #4
BonoboofMolech

nice and negative... what more should I expect... as you wish...
Old 06-16-2011, 10:12 AM   #5
Grausamkeit

1. You only joined to shill your band!

2. You didn't even shill in the right section!

3. We have a section called 'Shill' that you can do that in!

4. You can't even be arsed to put a proper link to the music you are shilling and I certainly can't be arsed to look up a band whose promoter is that lazy.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:20 AM   #6
BonoboofMolech

Actually, I joined yesterday because I put in a search on the meaning of blue shoe laces, which I wear. This site came up. Some guy at work asked me if I had been harassed by skinheads for wearing blue shoe laces. I said what does it mean. He said he didn't know. I then found out via your most venerable site that it has something to do with supporting punk culture, law enforcement and or being race and or gender tolerant. I thought... ok... that's interesting... I mean among all these other coments, it was the one that was most useful to me at least. So I registered thinking, well there is that music project I did a year ago and I wonder what these folks might think of it. And I went to the section for bands and I posted. Apparently it was still the wrong section. I don't really care about promoting this project. I recorded this music in my recording studio. It is all music I wrote and some other people helped me with at times. But they're all gone. It's only me. There is no band. If the music isn't goth enough for you maybe I should call it post punk... shit whatever... you decide. I can tell you the experiences that inpired this music were horendous. Have a nice day.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:39 AM   #7
Grausamkeit

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????

So you joined a forum and didn't bother reading the rules or employing common sense? This is why people get flamed! We are not hard to get along with if people would act intelligently.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:01 PM   #8
Murder.Of.Crows

Granted a better approach would have done wonders here. Such as introducing yourself, or perhaps saying a bit more than, "Hey here is my band, I don't you people, no one knows me, listen to it." That just sounds like... well shill, which there is a place for that shit. However if you were actually involved here and asked us to listen to some of your music for an opinion, then it's in the right place. But you weren't, so no, your stupid.

On a side note, I hate it when new people get tired of being yelled at and leave on "good day" or "whatever, you people are mean, bye". It's such a quitters way of treating people as if they're not worth your time.
Murder.Of.Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:14 PM   #9
Grausamkeit

The way we prove people are not worth our time here is massive flammage.

It always sparks our interest when teh stupid comes out.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:18 PM   #10
Murder.Of.Crows

I'm just a bit leery at first, because you never know when they might do something great. I also don't like the image of being stuck up goths that are more goth than anybody else, even though that isn't the image we represent ourselves as, I have heard it around before. < Long sentence is long.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:21 PM   #11
BonoboofMolech

Quote:
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????

So you joined a forum and didn't bother reading the rules or employing common sense? This is why people get flamed! We are not hard to get along with if people would act intelligently.
Our community boards host a vibrant crowd of diverse people into all sorts of interesting things, with individual forums covering general interests, spooky news, literature, fashion, music, politics, TV, movies, games, trade, and even some spots to blow off some steam about stuff that’s just bugging you. Be sure to introduce yourself in the introduction forum as well so people can get to know you.

Ok... I scanned this paragraph and noticed music. I posted something about music and create this much contraversy? Would you rather read some material on Environmental Policy? Because I got plenty of that. ...and for whatever reason that seems to be more well received. Not that I've ever heard such a rash of critism elsewhere. I'm not even sure I'm being critisized for creating terrible music. I'm mainly hearing that my formating was incorrect. What's wrong with simply wanting to know if anyone has an opinion on the music? So for environmental policy and to show you how unintelligent I am... if you're even interested...
http://www.scribd.com/byrd777 Otherwise... Have a nice day...
Old 06-16-2011, 12:23 PM   #12
Mr.Doobie

Quote:
I can tell you the experiences that inpired this music were horendous.
Good to hear those experiences match the quality of the music it inspired.
Mr.Doobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:24 PM   #13
Murder.Of.Crows

You stupid, stupid son of a bitch. You have successfully proven yourself an idiot and to annoy me.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:27 PM   #14
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
I'm just a bit leery at first, because you never know when they might do something great. I also don't like the image of being stuck up goths that are more goth than anybody else, even though that isn't the image we represent ourselves as, I have heard it around before. < Long sentence is long.
Agreed, but we have to prune the stupids out, sometimes. I don't know why, butI like Bexxle. Her posts actually make me laugh.

Bono, you are being berated for doing typical newb mistakes and then giving typical clueless answers. Do we really need to quote the shill part and spell out for you that it means shilling bands, books, sites, clothing, make up, shoes that one is promoting.

Wait.....Jillian, did you get bored and create a fake account?

Old 06-16-2011, 12:27 PM   #15
BonoboofMolech

How about these guys? Do you hate them too?

http://evenspot.com/OtherArtist/Othe...Sphincter.html
Old 06-16-2011, 12:29 PM   #16
Grausamkeit

We hate everyone you like, even if we like them.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:30 PM   #17
BonoboofMolech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Doobie View Post
Good to hear those experiences match the quality of the music it inspired.

Right, it all started by walking into a shotgun suicide... it was sure to suck from that moment forward...
Old 06-16-2011, 12:31 PM   #18
Murder.Of.Crows

lol, okay Graus. I can see myself arguing with you quite a bit in the future, but I will remember this, always and remind myself you are pretty damn awesome.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:31 PM   #19
BonoboofMolech

Quote:
We hate everyone you like, even if we like them.
So you hate my friends and the horse I rode in on... sweet... you all remind me of the goth kids on southpark...
Old 06-16-2011, 12:33 PM   #20
Murder.Of.Crows

No, I just fucking hate your horse.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:33 PM   #21
Grausamkeit

Quote:
lol, okay Graus. I can see myself arguing with you quite a bit in the future, but I will remember this, always and remind myself you are pretty damn awesome.
Sorry, I'll try not to be so awesome next time we argue.

I could just show you my breasts and win every argument from hence forth.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #22
Murder.Of.Crows

Yeah, well... damn.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #23
BonoboofMolech

Quote:
You stupid, stupid son of a bitch. You have successfully proven yourself an idiot and to annoy me.
Glad to be of service...
Old 06-17-2011, 07:06 AM   #24
Apathy's_Child

No one really gives a fuck about the rules anymore - the site has changed dramatically since they were written and they are no longer followed or enforced by current memvbers.

The rules say not to post pointless threads. Members do it all the time. The rules advise against flaming unless you have upwards of 3, 000 posts (Grausamkeit, did YOU read that part? I don't care if you were here years ago - you don't have 3, 000 posts interacting with more than one or two current members, so you're a freakin' newbie yourself, toots) - most of the regulars regularly pimp-slap the ever-loving fuck out of one another. The rules advise against making a thread without searching. Again, happens all the time, and is rarely an issue unless the thread is retarded or crushingly trite. When it does become an issue, it usually ends with the regulars musing that okay, we may not NEED another thread, but then it's understandable that someone made one when people also get bitch-slapped for resurrecting old ones. Then everyone realizes nobody really gives that much of a fuck and returns to the discussion.

Also, he posted about a band in Music - fuckin' sue the guy. Okay, it's HIS band and technically Shill might be more appropriate. But, once again, other members have done this before, and the only time it's ever an issue is when the poster is either universally unpopular or their band sucks. If you're gonna hate the guy, hate him because he's a douche, not just because he's new.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:11 AM   #25
Murder.Of.Crows

AC are you taking the status of voice of reason, now? I remember a time when you would get angry and flame the shit out of people. What's changed?