Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 11-21-2008, 07:31 PM   #51
Man In Room 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan
More than one person is allowed to call you an asshole at a time. I mean it's not like I have to take a number or stand in line or something.

Actually, it looks like you do have to take a number or stand in line simply because there is more than one person waiting to call her an asshole. However, you can still call dibs on being the first to shoot her since she asked for it. I was gonna volunteer myself but I figured it would be overkill. No pun intended.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:43 PM   #52
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Room 5
Actually, it looks like you do have to take a number or stand in line simply because there is more than one person waiting to call her an asshole. However, you can still call dibs on being the first to shoot her since she asked for it. I was gonna volunteer myself but I figured it would be overkill. No pun intended.
My feelings can best be described by this video.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:03 PM   #53
Despanan

My feelings can best be described by This Video.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:59 PM   #54
Underwater Ophelia

...I like that song.
I totally just let it play out because I like hearing it.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:49 PM   #55
Despanan

I have done my good deed.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:20 AM   #56
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
People that smoke will be all for weed, whilst those that don't will mostly hate it and/or hate those that do smoke. With weed, the opinions are fairly polarized. You really need to look it up for yourself.
That's not my experience. Myself and most of the people I know don't smoke it but are apathetic towards those who do.

@OP: The couple times I've smoked it's just made me pretty mellow and easily humored, and my perceptions kind of collapsed inward. Everything around me looked kind of fuzzy unless I actively focused on something, then it would become clear.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:24 PM   #57
lucylucy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man
Are you serious? Why?
Yes, I'm serious.

Why don't I care? I just don't see a reason to. I enjoy many things that are "bad" for me, and although they are "bad" I go on enjoying them just the same because even if they don't kill me, something else will in the end. We all have to die somehow. We all have to live somehow, too - why not enjoy living while we can?

Besides - everything gives you cancer.
lucylucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:26 PM   #58
lucylucy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utho
Maybe I was not sufficiently precise, sorry. I meant the level with the sweat and the tummy-thingy - people sometimes get.
Commonly called "greening out". Doesn't seem to happen often to most people, in my experience.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:30 PM   #59
SKULHEDFACE

I am smoking a joint as we speak so let me tell you how it feels.
Comforting
Soothing
Calm
Euphoric
Philosophic
Horny
I feel easygoing and nothing could anger me right now
stupid shit becomes far more interesting
bad movies are suddenly tolerable and so are dipshits
videogames become more fun, especially when you're killing zombies
Hmm, what else.. sometimes it makes me feel more creative and i'll draw or write. I think it also enhances music and allows you to relate on a deeper level.
Weed is very much a social drug and is a thousand times more fun when someone else is partaking with you.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'll add more as they come to mind.
SKULHEDFACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 06:01 PM   #60
lucylucy

For me, bad movies sometimes become more tolerable but they also sometimes become worse because my perspective changes so that I notice their bad points. Video games sometimes bore or confuse me when high.

Also, although smoking up with others is fun, I often prefer to smoke alone. My thoughts often become very complex when high, and when I'm alone it's easier to follow them in their weird little patterns.. also, I find that when I'm alone I'm paying more attention to the high, rather than the people around me, so I often feel higher and enjoy a more interesting high.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:04 PM   #61
SKULHEDFACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucylucy
For me, bad movies sometimes become more tolerable but they also sometimes become worse because my perspective changes so that I notice their bad points. Video games sometimes bore or confuse me when high.

Also, although smoking up with others is fun, I often prefer to smoke alone. My thoughts often become very complex when high, and when I'm alone it's easier to follow them in their weird little patterns.. also, I find that when I'm alone I'm paying more attention to the high, rather than the people around me, so I often feel higher and enjoy a more interesting high.
I suppose that everyone is different in that respect. I don't dislike a high while alone, I just prefer company.

I forgot to mention another feeling which just hit me..HUNGER.

Anyone know if OP decided to try it or not?

Anyway..all in all a relatively good substance with very limited dangers.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:20 PM   #62
lucylucy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKULHEDFACE
I suppose that everyone is different in that respect. I don't dislike a high while alone, I just prefer company.

I forgot to mention another feeling which just hit me..HUNGER.

Anyone know if OP decided to try it or not?

Anyway..all in all a relatively good substance with very limited dangers.
I don't think he planned on trying it in the first place, he was just curious as to why others, including his father, do partake, and what the effects are.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:25 AM   #63
Utho

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucylucy
Commonly called "greening out". Doesn't seem to happen often to most people, in my experience.
Thanks for updating my vocabulary! - Didn´t hear this one before. But I like it.
Utho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:11 AM   #64
Opteron_Man

I thought about trying it, but I'd want to do it at a party with friends.
I have never ever been invited to any party, and I don't know ANY goth in Sault Ste Marie, so the odds of me trying weed are slim.
The number of friends I do have, I can count on one hand, and that is being as generous as I can. I am lonely and I repulse people by my weirdness. People don't even like sitting next to me on the bus.
I am sinking into a pit of my of my own creation. I'd like to think that I am nice on the inside?
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:17 PM   #65
Jonathan

Opteron, buddy, just try to be calm. When you can be comfortable with yourself, dealing with other people becomes a lot easier. You probably just need practice dealing with people. Short casual conversations, or even brief pleasantries might be a good way to start.

You're probably a fine person, but spend so much time second-guessing yourself that you're awkward to be around. Just let it go.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:21 PM   #66
SKULHEDFACE

Opteron Man I agree with Jonathan and have to say that maybe you should try smoking some pot before talking to people. You'll likely find it much easier to interact with others and to relax and have a mellow conversation. Of course your absolute first time smoking should probably be in a controlled environment just so you know how it'll make you act since everyone is different.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:04 PM   #67
Jonathan

If he does try it, I will bet money he gets uncontrollable giggles about how ridiculously absurd _everything_ is.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:49 PM   #68
Mir

About how ridiculously absurd his theories are on tesla/etc, that he so fervently clings to.

Hallelujah.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 02:14 PM   #69
Jonathan

Tesla was a brilliant guy who got screwed over badly.
If time travel ever becomes a reality, I will personally punch Edison in the face.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:03 AM   #70
schoolsucksletsanarky

Try smoking weed and listen to heavy metal. I don't smoke weed, but my friend says it makes the music sound really cool.
schoolsucksletsanarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 12:09 PM   #71
dbloke

I tried some last night as my mate gave me some cookies....

Man they were strong and it was my first time - everything was warped for more or less 6 hrs. One could compare it to being drunk yet not so much in the chaotic way as it was soo relaxing/soothing
dbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:46 PM   #72
xParadigmx

weed is really freat for killing time. if you have four or five hours to blow and have nothing else to do, a joint is not going to hurt you. I like to believe it calms me down, and my ADD is not so much at the center stage of my mind. I am actually able to enjoy the people around me more when a million little voices are not making snide comments about everything.
xParadigmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 02:33 PM   #73
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
If time travel ever becomes a reality, I will personally punch Edison in the face.
I commend you for sticking up for Tesla. Unfortunatly my friend, time travel is not possible. "Time" is just a fiction that we have invented to help describe the rate at which events occur. Time travel exists in science fiction but not in reality. If you sit down and look at Albert Einstein's work with a fresh eye, you will be able to pick out many fatal errors. From what I hear, Einstein may have been intelligent, but he was headed in the wrong direction. Hell, I heard that he didn't believe in the ether theory.

Back to Tesla, we know very little about what he was doing from 1915-1943.

Idiots here laugh at me, but Tesla invented the flying saucer. It is a fact.
Go back and look at the old stuff from the 1890's. Read the following books:
There are more but these are the ones I can think of this second.

-Tesla said
-Colorado Springs Notes 1899-1900
-Prodical Genius
-Tesla's Patents

I know that I will be called stupid and all manor of things, but it is stupid to think that he didn't invent it or heavon forbit, they don't exist.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:19 PM   #74
Becca_Lugosi

Weed is good, smoke it, a lot of it.

~B.L.
Becca_Lugosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:40 PM   #75
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
Edison, was a prick, but you should go and punchout JP Morgan.
Then Morgan's goons will kill you, then burry you along side Jimmy Hoffa!