Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:23 AM   #26
badteccy

Hahaahahahahahahaha!
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 09:24 AM   #27
korinna5555

My mom bought me pinstriped pajama pants once..
But other than that.. When I asked her to buy me a fishnet shirt, she said "THAT?! THAT'S HIDEOUS! You are NOT wearing that"
And then she turned about and bought my brother MORE American Eagle crap.

She also refused to take me to the Cure concert back in September because she "hates the Cure"
Two weeks later, I was listening to Just Like Heaven, Lovesong, and Doing The Unstuck on my speakers. She comes into my room, and says "Who's this? I like them"
"Um.. The Cure, mom.."
"Oh.. maybe I should have listened to them before I said I didn't like them.."
"Um.. yeah."
Thanks, mom.
*sighs*

My uncle is the only one in my family who is really cool.. he's 30-something, listens to punk and goth, wears a lot of black, etc. He is KICKASS. I ♥ him.. I should ask him to join Gnet!
Old 11-23-2007, 10:02 AM   #28
honeythorn

My mom is great. And my dad. They don't give a toss what I wear or what I believe in. They got me my pentacle necklace two years ago for Christmas ( take that baby Jesus ! )

I bought a fishnet top, and then proceeded to rip it , stick safety pins in it ect, and all my mom said was " Why have you done that? it looked better before "

Yay mommy!
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 01:30 PM   #29
DarkPrayer

Location: In a place covered in darkness but filled with only good people
Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555

She also refused to take me to the Cure concert back in September because she "hates the Cure"
Two weeks later, I was listening to Just Like Heaven, Lovesong, and Doing The Unstuck on my speakers. She comes into my room, and says "Who's this? I like them"
"Um.. The Cure, mom.."
"Oh.. maybe I should have listened to them before I said I didn't like them.."
"Um.. yeah."
Thanks, mom.
*sighs*

That's really funny. Just like my Dad with Marilyn Manson. I've always liked his music, just not him. My Dad was fully against this guy until I was listening to Heart-Shaped Glasses and he had to admit he liked it. Now my Dad is hooked onto This is the new shit. He's really addicted to that song.
DarkPrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 01:41 PM   #30
kimaru

My mom just sighs everytime I leave the house, or come down the stairs in the morning. She also thinks Simple Plan is hardcore, punk, metal, whatever...I can't even imagine what shed think of the music I listen to...
kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 07:28 AM   #31
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Doesn't anyone on this site besides like one person have a fairly cool mom?
I also get on really well with my mom. She doesn't mind how I dress by the way. I have a lot in common with her, we can be for hours talking about anything, and I love her a lot ^_^

My grandmother doesn't want to dress goth, but she's the most dramatic person I've ever met. She gets me down sometimes, it's amazig how she manages to turn anything into an apocalyptical tragedy. But I still love her a lot of course ^_^
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:14 PM   #32
badteccy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimaru
My mom just sighs everytime I leave the house, or come down the stairs in the morning. She also thinks Simple Plan is hardcore, punk, metal, whatever...I can't even imagine what shed think of the music I listen to...
But...you said...he was a...fake?
Owwwwwwww, my brain.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:43 PM   #33
Ulfilas

I get the impression that you're all a lot younger than I am in this thread!

I get on great with my parents, they're fine about me wearing whatever I like and listening to whatever I like. But then I'm 34, Married with 2 kids and live over an hours drive way from them!
Ulfilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:55 AM   #34
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
My grandmother likes polka music. The thought of which drives me insane.
haha dude... polka - punk, that sounds so fun!

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:00 AM   #35
Wormboy

My mom and I are alright. My dad HATES me wearing makeup, but when I rock my leather jacket, black jeans, white tshirt, and aviators, he thinks i look quite handsome ^_^. They love my stud n' chain jumpsuit ^_^. My mom bought me my huge boots and trenchcoat actually. They don't care about weird so much, it's GAY they hate. They hate me doing anything slightly afemminate. (better not tell them I'm bisexual then eh?)

oh well

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:43 AM   #36
Mon Coeur Noir

I've been left of center all of my life, so it wasn't such a shock to my mother's system. The only thing she doesn't like is the fact that I dye my hair black. She says it makes me look sickly. he he he, She likes it better when I go blonde.
Mon Coeur Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:09 AM   #37
Opteron_Man

That sounds like my Mom and Grandma. They rip on me for my long hair, black nailpolish, facial piercings, eyeliner, and black clothes.

Oh well, they're family!
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:36 AM   #38
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Plus--your mom's kinda hot.
Post her picture!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:55 AM   #39
gothicusmaximus

That this thread was suddenly resurrected is interesting, as my mother has contrived some other quotable phrases recently:

"That's the thing about drunk girls-- they always give you the real info."

On the election...
"Obama... I think he's really too into his own... thing. He's really in to changing everything, you know, I don't want EVERYTHING to change. His speech last night, he was talking about oceans. Overcoming oceans. But I like oceans."
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:01 AM   #40
Underwater Ophelia

Die, Oceans!
You're Going Alllllll The Way Down!
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:35 AM   #41
Man In Room 5

Reading all the comments from the younger members brings back a funny memory.

When I was about 17 I asked for a leather biker jacket for Christmas and my parents got it for me. I immediately punked it out. A Sex Pistols backpatch, Misfits and Bauhaus pins, an eagle insignia taken from a U.S. army hat (it looked like the Ramones eagle), spikes on the shoulder straps and a chain around one sleeve. My mother hated it. She said, "You ruined that jacket" and didn't want to be seen in public with me. That was in 1988 or so and I wore it until about 1995.

Just a couple years ago my mother asked (in her motherly whiny what's-wrong-with-you voice), "What ever happened to your leather jacket? It was nice. You never wear it anymore." I couldn't believe it. It was like total freaking reversal on her part as if she'd forgotten about years of bitching about my looks. I ripped into her, saying, "What the fuck!? You wouldn't be seen with me when I wore it and you bitched about me ruining it and now you want to know what happened to it? I haven't worn it for ten fucking years. Did you just now notice?"

Isn't it wonderful how mothers can totally shit on their children for years and then totally forget it or underestimate its importance? For years she thought I was the angry, violent punk rocker--but she never asked why. I suspect she's starting to get a clue now. Like Bill Cosby said, "She's old and trying to get into heaven now".
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:40 AM   #42
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Room 5
Just a couple years ago my mother asked (in her motherly whiny what's-wrong-with-you voice), "What ever happened to your leather jacket? It was nice. You never wear it anymore." I couldn't believe it. It was like total freaking reversal on her part as if she'd forgotten about years of bitching about my looks. I ripped into her, saying, "What the fuck!? You wouldn't be seen with me when I wore it and you bitched about me ruining it and now you want to know what happened to it? I haven't worn it for ten fucking years. Did you just now notice?"
Yelling and cursing at your mother because her opinion of your jacket changed seems to be a bit of an excessive reaction, at least to me.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:21 AM   #43
xParadigmx

my mom is cool. she paid for me to dye my hair blue and green when i was 15, and she dyed hers fire engine reed that same day! lol. we took pictures of it for the slon to put up, because it was the first time someone had come into their store asking to have their hair dyed any color like that. she has bought me some pretty cool stuff. she likes it better when i 'clean up' and wear brightly colored clothes, or anything i have isnt ripped or covered in bleach stains and safety pins. i miss my mom
xParadigmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:31 PM   #44
twink

I get along gretat with my mom, too, but she'd probably have a fit if she saw me dressing goth. Probably give me some garbage about being too old. That's a load of shit as far as I'm concerned. Age is nothing more than a number. It's how you feel mentally that counts. Personally, I feel like I'm 26 rather than 46. And my body is in good enough shape to let me get away with it.
twink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:02 PM   #45
Bete Noire

My mum is heavily into counter-culture of the (just) post-60's variety, so s'all cool there. My dad is interested in the occult and unusual religion and shit like that. So s'all good there too. He's even taking me to whitby this year.

My mum is a little off with the term "goth" though. She likes the Cure but always seem surprised when I put it on. Same with Siouxsie.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:19 PM   #46
honeythorn

Are you definitely going to Whitby then? YAAAAAAY!
Old 06-05-2008, 03:24 PM   #47
JCC

I would go to Whitby, but Yorkshire is FAAAAAAAAAAR.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:22 PM   #48
honeythorn

The ride there is rather bum numbing. And then there is the hauling of the heavy suitcase ( full of velvet things in my case which make it even worse) up those dammned steps and paths . My hotel is about 2oo yards from the Spa ( the main venue) , I can see it out of my window. Handyyyyy...
Old 06-05-2008, 10:31 PM   #49
Jaye Jang

GM, you're family sounds like mine. My sister says my family puts the 'fun' in dysfunctional. I'm still wondering when they started being fun. However, my family: My daughter and I are goth and so is one of my nieces, one of my relatives was a Hell's Angel and one is a satanist. My nieces and nephews have grown up playing with Frankenstein dolls and stuffed werewolves. I asked my mom (who is a staunch Mormon) one time if she was okay with this. Her response, "If the grandkids don't know what they're playing with, what's the issue?" Ironically, if the grandkiddos were building an A-bomb in the back yard my mom would say the same thing.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:41 PM   #50
gothicusmaximus

I'm glad this thread is back, because I could put out a book of these.

On the occult:
"Gee, the lacrosse team is sure doing poorly this season. Then again, I put a little hex on them. I know, I know, you make fun of my spells."

In response to my father's query as to why she doesn't use her spells to earn our family greater wealth:
"How do you know I'm not? You're doing pretty well... for you."