Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:06 PM   #26
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Well, most people don't accept responsibility for their own actions. They sue McDonald's when they spill coffee on themselves, and sue homeowners when they fall on a knife while trying to rob a home, and (at least try to) sue McDonald's for "making them fat."
So why not go along with the crowd?
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:58 PM   #27
Solumina

At least the coffee lady didn't get any money in the end
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:04 PM   #28
DRM

That is so dumb!
That's an ignorant way of thinking, that a name is bad, because a socially unexseptable person had that one.
DRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:11 PM   #29
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM
That is so dumb!
That's an ignorant way of thinking, that a name is bad, because a socially unexseptable person had that one.
The name isn't bad, it's why they gave him the name that is the bad part. The parents were blatent Nazis(with swasticas in their house), who were undoubtably naming their child after Adolf Hitler.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:40 PM   #30
Solumina

It isn't as though they named him Adolf, there is nothing wrong with the name Adolf, they named him Adolf Hitler, they knew it would cause reactions from people and it is a name that has a lot of hate caught up in it, you just can't get away from that fact
-Carbon Leaf
Old 01-19-2009, 06:41 PM   #31
Fae-wolf

The name isn't bad. I feel bad for the kid having a hard time getting his birthday cake. But, I can understand why some people would refuse to do it.
Fae-wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:44 PM   #32
Solumina

I don't know about you all but I never had my middle or last name on my cake, just my first, I doubt they would have had any problem simply using Adolf.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 01-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #33
PortraitOfSanity

It sucks being named Adolph Hitler, but I feel worse for his sibling named "Aryan Nation".

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:28 PM   #34
Hand Hanzo

Yeah, over at FireProClub there's a four-or-five page topic on this...

Someone said that "naming your kid Adolf Hitler is psychological abuse if I ever saw it"

You gotta feel sorry for that kid. Imagine going through school being named "Adolf Hitler". That would be a rather fucked-up thing to have to live with.
Hand Hanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:20 PM   #35
Solumina

At least they can eventually change it but yeah I really do feel sorry for those kids. At least they have been taken away from those parents while they are still quite young and no behavioral problems were mentioned so they have a decent shot at growing up to be mentally stable people.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 01-20-2009, 01:18 AM   #36
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
I think that if you're going to name your kids after notorious world criminals, then you need to be willing to accept the consequences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Why should you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Why accept the responsibility of an action?
What's confusing about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophagist
Are you really that fucking stupid?
No, seriously JCC, I'm with them on this. Why is it confusing. You know my opinions on rights and freedoms, and on stirring the pot, but they really should accept the fact that it would rattle peoples cages.

On a side note to my German fellows on this board: Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the name Adolf rather common and pedestrian in German? (If pedestrian is the right word to use).
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:33 AM   #37
jack_the_knife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack
On a side note to my German fellows on this board: Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the name Adolf rather common and pedestrian in German? (If pedestrian is the right word to use).
No, not really. I know one person who's second name is Adolf. Other than that, I've never met anyone whose first name was Adolf that wasn't born in the 20's or 30's.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:23 AM   #38
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife
No, not really. I know one person who's second name is Adolf. Other than that, I've never met anyone whose first name was Adolf that wasn't born in the 20's or 30's.
Well after Hitler I imagine it's popularity goes down, but it's not exactly some sort of bizarre name, is it?

... you know what, on second thought, I really don't want to know what counts as bizarre in Germany. I have nightmares over what's considered perfectly normal in Germany.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

Old 01-20-2009, 03:40 AM   #39
jack_the_knife

Quote:
I have nightmares over what's considered perfectly normal in Germany.
Like the Oktoberfest? Or The Sauerkraut-wettessen festival?
Old 01-20-2009, 04:01 AM   #40
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife
Like the Oktoberfest? Or The Sauerkraut-wettessen festival?
Oktoberfest would be the reason I went three years ago mate.

I would be talking about the guy who raises 47 pound rabbits for food.
http://www.cracked.com/article_16797...toshopped.html

Old 01-20-2009, 04:17 AM   #41
Hand Hanzo

Quote:
Well after Hitler I imagine it's popularity goes down, but it's not exactly some sort of bizarre name, is it?
Bizarre? No. However, I think the names "Adolf" and/or "Hitler" were blacklisted. I mean, I know for a fact that using a Nazi salute for political purposes is illegal in Germany. JBL almost got in trouble for using it when the WWE did a show in Munich. (I think it was Munich)

And, it's not like you see people named Adolf every day.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:17 AM   #42
jack_the_knife

Quote:
Oktoberfest would be the reason I went three years ago mate.

I would be talking about the guy who raises 47 pound rabbits for food.
http://www.cracked.com/article_16797...toshopped.html
I entirely forgot about those rabbits. Didn't they even send some to Korea so that they could be bred to solve the hunger problem, and then Kim Jong Il ate them for hist birthday? Or am I completely mistaken?
Old 01-20-2009, 05:57 AM   #43
Joker_in_the_Pack

I just looked it up. Adolf is a variant of Adolph, the Teutonic name meaning wolf. So I imagine it being a very common name at some point.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:53 PM   #44
Solumina

I know two people named Adolf, it was an old family name in both cases, and really neither of them have had much of an issue because of it, other than a bit of teasing in school but pretty much everyone gets teased at some point in school.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 01-20-2009, 07:10 PM   #45
Hand Hanzo

Yeah, I think it would've been seen as a cool name if that damn dictator didn't ruin it for everyone.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:23 PM   #46
Wednesday Friday Addams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand Hanzo
Yeah, I think it would've been seen as a cool name if that damn dictator didn't ruin it for everyone.
You mean if people weren't retarded.
Or is Joseph now a bad name?
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:40 PM   #47
Mealla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan
I'd think it's more likely that the media attention brought their house under a bit more scrutiny and child services found something more damaging in the environment.
I don't know. I've heard some fucked up stories about child services messing up perfectly healthy families, while completely ignoring really messed up situations. For example, Piers Anthony wrote in the back of one of his Mode series books about a situation where a girl was taken from her family because she was allowed to read said book. Saw another situation on the news awhile back where a man didn't know Mike's Lemonade had alcohol in it and bought some for his little boy at a sporting event, and the boy was taken away by child protective services and was even denied placement with relatives who were social workers. It's idiotic to name a child Adolf Hitler, but it's hardly something to take custody of a child over, and there may or may not have been something else going on. If that's all they took him over though, it's downright criminal.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:12 PM   #48
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mealla
I don't know. I've heard some fucked up stories about child services messing up perfectly healthy families, while completely ignoring really messed up situations.
How does naming your children stuff like Adolf Hitler and Aryan Nation not indicate the strong likely hood of a fucked-up situation to you?

For that matter, why the hell do people on this sight always assume that society is horribly corrupt and in the wrong every damn time? There's always some jackoff assuming that there's some big evil institution oppressing everyone no matter how fucking nuts the situation is.

When an infant dies, and her mother has AIDS but refuses to take medicine, stop breastfeeding, and continues to have unprotected sex with her husband. The coroner's conclusion that she died from AIDS is suddenly a political move from a power-mad doctor.

When an infant who's been named ADOLF HITLER is taken away from his family, it's not because the parents are most likely deranged, it's a political assault on free-speech.

Health Codes don't exist to protect public health they exist so that grocery stores and restaurants can throw out their old stock for the sake of wasting it, because we all know that corporations just like doing that kind of shit.

What the fuck is wrong with some of you people?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:27 PM   #49
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
How does naming your children stuff like Adolf Hitler and Aryan Nation not indicate the strong likely hood of a fucked-up situation to you?

For that matter, why the hell do people on this sight always assume that society is horribly corrupt and in the wrong every damn time? There's always some jackoff assuming that there's some big evil institution oppressing everyone no matter how fucking nuts the situation is.

When an infant dies, and her mother has AIDS but refuses to take medicine, stop breastfeeding, and continues to have unprotected sex with her husband. The coroner's conclusion that she died from AIDS is suddenly a political move from a power-mad doctor.

When an infant who's been named ADOLF HITLER is taken away from his family, it's not because the parents are most likely deranged, it's a political assault on free-speech.

Health Codes don't exist to protect public health they exist so that grocery stores and restaurants can throw out their old stock for the sake of wasting it, because we all know that corporations just like doing that kind of shit.

I didn't like you before, but I am starting to.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:46 PM   #50
badteccy

Quote:

I like this and I like you.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote