Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 12-20-2005, 03:36 PM   #101
rockandrose

In addition to the songs by Dream Theater, Endless Sacrifice, Erotomania and Strange Deja Vu are also great songs.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:30 PM   #102
Demon Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandrose
In addition to the songs by Dream Theater, Endless Sacrifice, Erotomania and Strange Deja Vu are also great songs.
Yes, you are so right, I can't believe I forgot to mention those.
-Smacks forehead- D'oh!
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:43 PM   #103
katsumy

I have to be honest over here! I LIKE EMINEM! His lyrics, and the guy's body as well.
could come true some day soon...

* Katsumy *
katsumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:49 PM   #104
rockandrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsumy
I have to be honest over here! I LIKE EMINEM! His lyrics, and the guy's body as well.
It could be worse.

At least you don't workship the likes of Chingy, 50 Cent and Ludacris, or do you?
Old 12-20-2005, 08:22 PM   #105
dreamforthedead

*waits with baited breath*
lets me live my life like this..."
'Honey, this mirror isn't big enough for the two of us'
dreamforthedead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 01:18 PM   #106
Demon Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandrose
It could be worse.
=Nods in agreement=
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:36 PM   #107
Aaroneet

I like certain metal bands (i.e Metallica, Paths of Posession, Chimaira), and a few punk bands (i.e 999).
Aaroneet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:57 PM   #108
Cyntrox

"Gothic" metal is hardly considered goth here... So I suppose I'll have to say that. I also like a lot of other metal and punk. And rock.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:15 PM   #109
Minyaliel

Necroing is in bad taste.

Anyway, I am a huge rock/goth/psychobilly fan. My Holy Trinity consists of Elvis Presley, David Bowie and Siouxsie Sioux; which means I also love some glamrock, death rock (some consider this "gothic"), ambient/ new age, classical (especially opera; I do have a dislike for Wagner, though, for some reason) and baroque music, folk music, french chansons and art songs, mainstream rock/ pop a la Bryan Addams and Elton John, shoegaze, dreampop, showtunes, jazz (especially Swing jazz a la Sinatra) and doowop. Listing all my non- goth favourite bands and artists apart from those already mentioned would be quite a task, so I'll just jot down some: The Stray Cats, The Cramps, Pink Floyd, Joan Sutherland, Kiri Te Kanewa, Lush, Catherine Wheel, Devics... umm, not listing any composers this is all I can think of at the moment.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:41 PM   #110
Breathless Horror

I'm a massive metal fan. My favorite bands are probably Draconian, and Throes of Dawn

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:49 PM   #111
Clockwork

I tend to like ska, and I'm often listing to video game soundtracks that catch my fancy. And though I don't know much about it, I like jazz too...
Old 05-04-2007, 11:29 AM   #112
Draconysius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Avalo
I'm a huge metalhead. I'm into all kinds of metal. Pantera, Corrosion of Conformity, Fear Factory, DeviDriver, Prong, and even one really awesome power metal band, DragonForce! I also like ICP quite a lot. Okay, don't hate me for it. I'm just being myself. Calm down...

Oh and I forgot to add I'm a huge rivethead too. I love the music of Paul Oakenfold and such, and like Industrial like Nine Inch Nails and also rave like Juno Reactor. As for alternative rock, I like all kinds. Collective Soul, Faith No More, etc.
Hey, you! I used to be you. But I overcame you and really came into being as a cognitive conscience . For those of you unfamiliar with what I mean, I used to be under this username, made an ass of myself, and came back under this one.

On to the subject... I've dedicated my life to goth rock, but I love pretty much all kinds of music. I have a major love for stoner rock and stoner-doom, and I listen to everything from Kyuss and Electric Wizard to Spirit Caravan and Goatsnake. I occasionally enjoy metalcore, indie rock, new wave, punk rock, psychobilly, horror punk, pop punk, and even some rap and country. Just keep the trying-hard-to-be-gangsta-while-crooning-about-love-rap and the much-more-akin-to-bubblegum-rock-"country" out of my way, please.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:43 AM   #113
Vako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconysius
Hey, you! I used to be you. But I overcame you and really came into being as a cognitive conscience . For those of you unfamiliar with what I mean, I used to be under this username, made an ass of myself, and came back under this one.

On to the subject... I've dedicated my life to goth rock, but I love pretty much all kinds of music. I have a major love for stoner rock and stoner-doom, and I listen to everything from Kyuss and Electric Wizard to Spirit Caravan and Goatsnake. I occasionally enjoy metalcore, indie rock, new wave, punk rock, psychobilly, horror punk, pop punk, and even some rap and country. Just keep the trying-hard-to-be-gangsta-while-crooning-about-love-rap and the much-more-akin-to-bubblegum-rock-"country" out of my way, please.
Once again...superiority complex...

I can smell the ego-stink all the way from the Stars and Bars.
Vako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:03 PM   #114
Draconysius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vako
Once again...superiority complex...

I can smell the ego-stink all the way from the Stars and Bars.
What the hell are you talking about? What kind of complex do you think you're expressing by pointing out these things, looking down on me and bringing yourself higher on the soap box?
Old 05-04-2007, 12:22 PM   #115
Gothic Piano

I like Puddle of Mudd's "She Hates Me" It's great, but I usualy listen to Metalcore. Ex: Atreyu, Underoath, Demon Hunter, Bullet for My Valentine, and From First to Last. I just usualy like every kind of music but country and rap.
Gothic Piano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:34 PM   #116
Vako

Quote:
What the hell are you talking about? What kind of complex do you think you're expressing by pointing out these things, looking down on me and bringing yourself higher on the soap box?
You got it. Because I think you always come on strong about how "Goth" is so much better than where I came from which is "metal" like you are some sort of authority. Also just to let you know there might be some envy or jealousy going on in me because you have success which I don't such as a boyfriend and such. So I am a rather bitter person and you might not want to be upset from my responses. I would rather have sent you this in private message but that does not work on this site.

What kind of complex do I think I'm expressing?
A rather accurate one.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:55 PM   #117
Draconysius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vako
You got it. Because I think you always come on strong about how "Goth" is so much better than where I came from which is "metal" like you are some sort of authority. Also just to let you know there might be some envy or jealousy going on in me because you have success which I don't such as a boyfriend and such. So I am a rather bitter person and you might not want to be upset from my responses. I would rather have sent you this in private message but that does not work on this site.

What kind of complex do I think I'm expressing?
A rather accurate one.
Once again, you're misinterpreting my post. I was referring to overcoming my old state of mind and my ignorance, not overcoming my liking for metal. I still have a strong love for it. I'll admit that I don't think highly anymore of some of those bands I used to like, but I think that's just part of finding what I like.

Yes, I have a superiority complex, but why not? It's hard not to in today's modern world. Why shouldn't I feel above those festering sacks of shit that make rebellion and individuality a trend; people that make a mockery of art? Besides, you'd have to be a Buddhist monk or something to be completely free of ego, and there aren't many people out there willing to become as such.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:15 AM   #118
Vako

Quote:
Once again, you're misinterpreting my post. I was referring to overcoming my old state of mind and my ignorance, not overcoming my liking for metal. I still have a strong love for it. I'll admit that I don't think highly anymore of some of those bands I used to like, but I think that's just part of finding what I like.

Yes, I have a superiority complex, but why not? It's hard not to in today's modern world. Why shouldn't I feel above those festering sacks of shit that make rebellion and individuality a trend; people that make a mockery of art? Besides, you'd have to be a Buddhist monk or something to be completely free of ego, and there aren't many people out there willing to become as such.
I understand.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:02 PM   #119
Elliot

I really don't listen to much goth rock.

I'm more of a black metal and hard rock fan.

Meh.

^^my post-rock/ambient band
Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:28 PM   #120
Haunted House

I listen to some Psychobilly and Punk/Horror Punk alongside of the usual goth and deathrock stuff. I also like some old school Industrial.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:03 AM   #121
Crystal Sorrow

The whole bloody album CexCells by Blakq Audio (a side project of Davey Havok and Jade Puget of AFI)
Crystal Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 03:10 AM   #122
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinacorpse
Besides gothic,which music you like best?
Basically, early 90's alternative, mid 80's to early 90's metal, various punk. believe it or not, I also like a few country songs.
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 07:57 AM   #123
Breathless Horror

Most heavy metal. I draw the line at the excessive death metal bands like Cannibal Corpse and Dying Fetus, they make my ears bleed. Classic rock and some folk (Gordon Lightfoot) are always nice for a change of pace.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:46 PM   #124
Opteron_Man

the police are among my favorites.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:05 PM   #125
Aaroneet

I like the song "I'll Be Watching You" by The Police. Where music besides Goth is concerned, Grunge and (some) '80s music is amoung my favorites.