Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 05-05-2005, 06:44 AM   #51
creepylittleshit

Ok let me rephrase that so that I don't ghet anyomre nit picking---

New paranormal activity. I guess you got to know the place I'm talking about to understand.
creepylittleshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 07:36 AM   #52
edible_eye

nit picking?!?

your boyfriend said he saw a light on.

what am i missing?
Old 05-05-2005, 07:40 AM   #53
drgnlvr

Okay, I'm going to expose my throat here.....

I've never seen a "ghost", but I don't discount the possibility of "IF". I'll tell you what I -have- seen, and what I think it is, though. I'll accept the ridicule.

The only thing I can call them is "Shadows", because this is what they look like, to me. The first time I saw them was when I was about 5. I was at my grandparent's, spending the night. I remember clearly that the moon was full, and shining through the bedroom window. My bed was under that window, facing the doorway into the hall. The door was open. They lived in a house that was built in the 50's, and the windows were high-up, too.

The moonlight shined on a patch of wall in the hallway, and was easily discernable to my dark-adapted eyes. The lines of dark and light were sharp, and square. No softening of the edges. I woke up in the middle of the night, and watched as a darkness spilled along that wall, like ink. Rolling and tumbling, and taking all kinds of bizarre shapes. It marched inexorably toward my grandparents bedroom.

I was terrified, and I called out for my grandmother. She came in and turned on the light. I told her what I saw, and she scolded me for letting my imagination run away with me. I was inconsolable, and I was not backing down. In exasperation, she sent me into her room, to sleep in their bed, and she was going to sleep in mine, to prove there was no "boogie-man".

She tucked me in, gave me a kiss, and went to my bed. All the lights were off again, and when my eyes became dark-adapted again (I was still wide awake), I watched those shadows roll into the bedroom, and surround my grandfather, and fade into him. I also watched as my grandfather's face distort into frightening shapes. I was frozen in terror. I also (this day), find it interesting that with all the ruckus, he never even stirred.

That was the first time I encountered the "Shadows". The following is copy-pasted directly from my personal journal (dated: 02/25/2004), and unedited. The italics are my "self-talk" and dreams that were directly connected to the situation at the time. Sorry about the overly "literary" quality of this, as well as the length. It was the only way I knew the work it out in my own head.

My, how time can get away from you! I had not realized I hadn't posted anything in awhile, until I received a rather concerned email from smtx26. I hope I haven't had the rest of you worried as well. Real life has interfered. Mea Culpa.

Nothing "drastic" has happened. Just day-to-day living in the drgn household. Of course, day-to-day living for me might be rather unusual to someone else.

Case in point:

Remember my concerns about Sam's health? How exhausted he was? And the Doctors couldn't find -anything- wrong?

It was just all that overtime, and the atmosphere at work. Nothing to worry about. It'll correct itself when I get a job, and Sam gets out of that horrible place

But then, Doctors work with what they can see, feel, smell, hear, etc. They don't work in the "spiritual" realm (for lack of a better term).

It's emotional and physical exhaustion. It'll get better when Sam gets out of there.

I, of course, wasn't -as- effected by what was happening for a long time, because I wasn't working. If I was tired, I could sleep when I wanted to, right?

Besides, it's all my fault he's feeling this way.

So, I was oblivious.

Nothing is wrong.

I didn't pay enough attention to the signs.

You're imagining things.

The insomnia, I blamed on depression from being unemployed (don't get me wrong, that played a good part in it, but it was not the -only- cauase).

You need to get your shit together.

I ignored the unease I felt whenever I tried to sleep at night in the bedroom.

Nothing is wrong.

I ignored the dreams that seemed to have a different "flavor" from regular dreaming.

You're imagining things.

I ignored the sense that "something" was wrong. A something that was a constant irritant, that started like an itch I couldn't scratch, to slowly build to a pain I could not describe, nor pinpoint.

Nothing is wrong.

I ignored the sleep paralysis.

You're imagining things.

I ignored the whispers at night, in my right ear (A little clarification: I hear out of my left ear better than my right, so when at work, the earpiece of my headset is always on my left ear. I can hear the caller better, and it helps block out any other sounds. But at night, if I lay on my left side, I hear what could only be described as like a radio in the distance in my right ear, along with everything else that "doesn't exist".).

Then, one night, I had a dream that I couldn't ignore.

Sam and I had gone for a drive, and got lost. No big deal, we've done that before, for the fun of it. "Deliberately" got lost.

The day was beautiful, and we were on an "adventure".

We arrived at a place that at first looked like a firehouse, or a warehouse. And we were lost. But then I realized, I recognized the place, and told Sam not to worry. Let's just enjoy the ride.

Then we arrived at an old house that looked familiar. Like what was in a neighborhood in Wichita that I used to call "dogpatch". Asphalt-shingled, two-story duplexes that were UGLY. No front yards, trash, dead cars, etc.

Suddenly, I felt apprehensive. I -knew- who lived there, and I certainly did not want to see her! I told Sam we need to go.

But it was too late.

My cousin, Tammy, whom I have refused to speak to for several years (over the fact that she chose her child-molesting boyfriend over her children), came out of the house. She seemed glad to see me, and I was suddenly in a "social" situation I was not prepared for.

She invited us into her ugly, dog-patch house. She wanted to show me around. She wanted to "show" me how well she was doing now. And well, she was apparently doing. The inside looked like something out of "Better Homes and Gardens". Filled with beautiful antiques, and modern amenities, like the surround-sound and big-screen TV, and the fabulous decorating.

The child-molesting boyfriend was there, too. But I only caught a glimpse of him.

As she showed me around, I saw a small, triagle-shaped room that was obviously not part of the original floorplan. It was decorated up for a young girl, but felt "empty". The late afternoon sun was coming through the window, and I was suddenly tired. I wanted to lay down in that small, pink-ruffled bed, and sleep. But I -forced- myself back up. Tammy then led me to another room. This was where she was earning her living, growing and selling herbs and other plants for teas.

There, she handed me a baggie full of something that looked like rosemary, but smelled different, and told me that "A lesbian couple wanted me to give this to you and Sam." I smelled it, and handed it to Sam, who smokes some, I think.

Tammy kept telling me how she got such a great deal on this house, and that I should geet one too, so we could be close again. It -sounded- good. But I hesitated. I was suspicious.

Then I woke up.

Something told me that I -had- to talk to a dear friend who is a guardian about this. It was in the middle of the night, I got on my computer, and lo-and-behold, the friend was logged into her Yahoo IM. Something told her she needed to be there at this time (and she -rarely- logs onto Yahoo).

I told her about the dream. She had one warning. "Beware of poisoned fruit." But she also had comforting news. She told me I had the strength to defeat whoever, or whatever I had to beware of. And I had it in spades, so to speak. I didn't have to use everything I had to defeat this person. Just "enough".

We discussed the dream, but no other answers came to me right away. Like WHO.

But there remained a pervasive feeling that I was "missing" something. Something important. For days, I thought about that dream, and what it meant. It wasn't the first dream I'd had recently about Tammy. But it was the clearest.

And all the time, the warning, "Beware" rang in my head.

Now, Tammy is hardly an issue, to be honest. Last I heard of her, was when I left Michigan, over 5 years ago. I had little indication that she would attempt to seek me out, and those whom we know mutually either no longer know where I am, or won't talk to her, anyway. So, even though the dreams were about Tammy, they weren't about -HER-, literally. But about someone else, whom might fit the mold of someone trying to put on a mask of "everything is going great, trust me, and join me".

It was a warning.

And I was finally ready to heed that warning.

And then I knew.....

Sam and I were being attacked.

But by whom? And why?

Then I had another dream....

I was in a kitchen that felt like it was out in the country. Daylight streamed in, warm and welcoming. There was even one of those "half" doors, and the top part was open. It felt like "home".

But my comfort and serenity was suddenly shattered by a thrill of sheer terror.

Someone was standing at the doorway, and I was mired in an engulfing paralysis. I could not move.

And the malevolence! The malevolence that came from the figure at the door was palpable.

No features could be seen. The figure was dressed rediculously in powder blue, and like a ninja. The only thing I saw were the eyes. Bottomless pits of blackness that no light could penetrate.

Something...some part of my mind alerted me. I knew then, this was the one responsible for the attacks on Sam and I.

I was, somehow, able the break the hold this creature had on me, and I grabbed one of my flying dragon swords. I lunged menacingly at the "ninja", and she ran.

I then fell into peaceful sleep the rest of the night.

The next day, I again found my good friend on Yahoo, and described the dream. And I also told Sam. Interestingly enough, he had a dream that night very similar, about a malevolent person whom he could not see the features of, who froze him in terror. He could not remember the rest of the details, though.

But we talked about what has been happening, and we both agreed that we were being attacked. Having the life, literally sucked out of us.

See, by this time, I was working, too. But not even full-time. Yet, I was feeling exhausted, as well.

The next night, "all hell" broke loose.

Sam was asleep, but I was wide awake. Insomnia, again...but this time, a more terrestrial cause. I was pondering who would want to attack us, and why.

About midnight, I crawled into bed, knowing I was not going to sleep right away, but wanting to try, since I had to work the next day.

And I saw them!

The Shadows.

They crawled across the ceiling, like spilled ink. A blackness darker than the night. Blacker that the dark corner from which they came.

I hadn't seen the Shadows since I was young, and was told I was letting my imagination run away with me.

And then Sam started having a nightmare.

A night terror, more like.

He was thrashing, and yelling. And I was feeling suddenly doped. LIke someone had given me drugs. Strong drugs. I could barely move. I could barely try to shake Sam awake from this nightmare.

And the Shadows continued to crawl, and writhe along the ceiling, and down the wall on Sam's side of the bed.

I dared not close my eyes! As hard as it was, I -forced- them to stay open. Because whenever I even blinked, I saw a figure. Blacker than the darkness, with glowing red eyes!

I could not fight. I could not do anything. I could only watch, and and watch Sam stuggle for his life.

Then, I couldn't fight to stay conscious any longer.

They had won this round.

And I knew.....

This was not the same creature as the powder blue ninja. The ninja was not that strong.

But the ninja was being used as a "conduit". The ninja was leading the Shadows to us.

And then it all came together.

I told Sam about it the next day. He placed Buddhist charms all around the bedroom as a ward. We had to start somewhere.

I knew who was behind the attacks. And I could trace it back to when it started.

And I declared WAR!

I had three powerful soldiers I knew I could call on, close by. And perhaps another, who was far away, but who's reach was very, very long.

I only wanted to call on two, for the moment, though. The third was known by the "conduit", the powder blue ninja, and I wanted him in reserve, just in case the three of us couldn't fight this alone. Him, I haven't even told about this, yet. Because I know he would charge right into battle without hesitation, and this "conduit" knows him very well. And I feared she would call on those Shadows to come after him, as well.

Mind you, I have no doubt that he can hold his own. He has the strength. But he would be like a berzerker, and I don't think this was needed. At least, not yet.

My "front line", two wise women, whom, in another time, would be revered, and leaders in their community, were called upon, first.

One was an herbalist.

She sent a package with a vial of warding powder to sprinkle around the room, as well as an incredible assortment of other herbs, like dragon's blood, and white sage.

We "cleaned" the apartment.

And I "cleaned" a mirror, that I -knew- was a portal. The mirror I had been given as a gift from a man I had dated briefly a couple years ago, with a frame of a dragon surrounding it.

It was the ONE object that could be used as a portal that the "conduit" knew I still possessed, and where I kept.

It's gone from the apartment, now.

We cleaned the place last Sunday, and we've both slept well since.

But I don't kid myself that this "War" is completely over. Not yet.

See, this "conduit" joined a "vampire" cult quite awhile back. Her reasoning is that if she is with them, then they would not attack her. But in order to be with them, she had to become -like- them. And I watched her grow more, and more psychotic as time went on.

The "conduit" has lost her mind, IMO.

She was a friend.

But I broke the relationship off not too long ago, when I could not deal with her psychotic episodes of exceptional drama.

Her name, by the way, rhymes with Tammy.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:25 PM   #54
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgnlvr
I've never seen a "ghost", but I don't discount the possibility of "IF". I'll tell you what I -have- seen, and what I think it is, though. I'll accept the ridicule.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamed of by mere mortals.

And creepy:

Knowbody no's the trouble I've seen............

LOL
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 07:23 PM   #55
creepylittleshit

I have seen shadows too. I know a couple of people who have experienced the same thing. The shadow people always seem to be there when you have those really bad nightmares.

Anyone who has spent the night over my old apartment either saw the blue apparition or the shadows. I read alot about ghosts and psychic attacks and I'm really sick of being told its not that common. Even people who are very much into the occult will try to convince you that attacks are few and far between. However I have seen diffrent.

When I was living by myself I always had uneasy feelings about going to sleep. Then I started having nightmares about an old crazy man who would slice me up in my sleep.

I always knew when it was going to happen because I got a feeling of sheer dread as I was trying to go to bed. Some nights I would just stay up no matter what time I would have to be to work the next morning.

More than a couple of times during these nightmares I would wake up paralized.

One time I woke up facing the wall and unable to move after dreaming of the insane man chasing. But I could see behind me. It was like somebody had faced a screen projecter to head and was displaying to me what was behind me. It was a very long shadow. I spoke to it and told it if it didn't leave me alone I was gonna kick its ass. It left and I could move again. I burned a whole bunch of cedar and sage to cleanse the area.

You ever hear the expression seeing with your eyes closed? It s kinda hard to describe, so excuse me if I didn't articulate the whole thing properly. But that what is was like a screen projecter on my forehead.

I know exactly what your talking about Dragon.
creepylittleshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 04:48 AM   #56
illuminatti

What I have experienced would be wrong to call "contact" or "ghost" but there is some wierd shit going on in my life.
I have always avoided living in old houses even though i just love them. This is because old houses are always soaked throught with the worlds and athmospheres of the people that have lived there before. I don't think it is becuase their "ghosts" wander around the place, but just becuase these people have lived there. Havn't you noticed that when you have spent a while in a new place it seems different to you than when you first saw it? i don't think that happens only because you have gotten used to it and have brought in you favorite furnature etc. i think it is because you have contributed to the place...your thoughts have kind of become part of it.
luck has never been with me and my mother decided to move into an old appartment (it has been bombed during the war, by the way, and half of our kitchen is said to have been completely gone).
To get to the point, i can often think the thoughts of the people who have lived in this appartment before. I can come into my room and have a thougth like "That idiot Thomas has left his cat in here again! i will hang it the next time he does that." I suppose you guessed that i don't know any Thomas with a cat...and i love cats. I have also caught myself looking for our room mate (we don't have one) to make him wash the dished after himself. Also, entering the empty kitchen i remember thinking to myself "what a wonderful wife i have! How wonderfully she cooks wiener schnitzel". Hmmmmm...i am a teenage girl so i most certainly can't have a wife. And neither me, nor my mother has ever cooked anythin more than an omlet of coffee in that kitchen. In truth...this drives me nuts.
A more "ghostly" experience would be the foot steps in the living room. I hear them all the time, from 11 to 12 pm every thursday. I have gotten used to them and even wait for them.
illuminatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 06:59 AM   #57
Oubliette

no, I wish, I want to believe so bad, but I'm a doubting Thomas .

Ghost is also my very favorite Poppy charcter. I long for her to write more horror. *sulk* (but that is beside the point)
Oubliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 07:11 AM   #58
Ladylord

When I was about four or five I woke up suddenly one night. I had a bed in my parent's bedroom and from there I could see into the kitchen, which was rather bright from moonlight or streetlight. In the doorway were three perfectly black shapes as if silhouettes, peeking in one above the other in a clownish manner. They had heads round as footballs and were rather thin, I remember. I must have been awake, because I recall sitting up in bed the longest time staring at these shadows that never moved at all, too terrified to run across the room to mom and dad.
I disregarded this as a dream until my sister recently told me about seeing the exact same figures once when she was little, except then they were standing, all three of them squeezed into the doorway in an impossible manner. She spoke to them and they didn't answer, but neither did they go away for what seemed to her like hours.
Ladylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 10:47 AM   #59
polished_wolf_claws

I have been called a "Ignorent Medium": I have the ability to see the dead on a regular basis, but unlike Jennifer Love Hewwitt or Patricia Arquette I have found a better means of living. I have forced my "third-eye" shut on most cases. fuck that, I need sleep.

and if one of those bastard dead come lookin for help, I'm gonna go Dan Akroyd on it's ass.

....So in short, yes, I have had *some* interaction with the restless dead.

"Teh Lordz Satan Protektz me frm ebil in mah PANTS!!!!!11111"
polished_wolf_claws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 01:28 AM   #60
TheBloodStillDrips

Well I've never seen a ghost...well atleast I think I havn't...but when we first moved here my counsins came over on the first weekend and we went for a walk...right around the corner there's this huge evil looking house kinda like those ones you see in horror movies with the big bushy garden, tall roof, attick windows, crows hanging around everywhere, black cats and so on. We stopped and stared up at it for a while thinking about who it might belong to and how long it's been there when one of my cousins points and screams "Look there's some1 in there!!!" and in 1 of the attick windows there was this old creepy lady who looked extremely pale staring down at us and she closed the curtains really slowly whilist the whole time making eye contact with me...felt like she was looking straight into my soul piercing it with something evil...

Some nights when I go for walks (yes I walk at night and I DO carry a knife) I walk past that house and it sends a shiver up my spine. There's always mist around it even when it's a warm night and there's always a light in that one room where we saw that woman.
TheBloodStillDrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 04:30 PM   #61
Godslayer Jillian

Ravenmother, be more reserved with the threads you bump. If you cannot think of what to say on them then it's not a good plan to expect us to say something about them.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 04:52 PM   #62
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenmother
It wasn't that I didn't have anything to say. I wanted the answer to the same question
Oh, then nevermind. As for me, I can't believe in them. Every time they tell me there's something paranormal somewhere I go and nothing happens.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 06:05 AM   #63
Opteron_Man

Back in 3rd grade, a friend of mine passed around a Polaroid picture he had taken of his house. In the picture was a shot of an ordinary looking house, but there was a man standing on the roof, looking up and away from the camera. The man was translucent and he had an odd halo around him. When I asked the boy who that was, he said the man was a family member who had died some time before the photo was shot.

The picture didn't look like it had been tampered with and to me it looked pretty genuine. At the time, I didn't give it too much thought so I wasn't really spooked at what I’d seen. Years later, when the scope of what he had shown me hit home I was a little unnerved.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:42 AM   #64
DeathToLems

OoooooooOo I love ghost stories and things.
I watch Most Haunted as often as I can. Only thing that annoys me about this program is when the women host asks out "Is their anybody here? Throw something if you can hear us, Show yourself to us, touch one of us" and when she hears a noise or something touches her she shits herself. I mean come on! If your gonna ask for it at lest expect it and don't freak out when it happens. That really pisses me of.
Anyways back to ghost experiences
I've never encountered anything but I have pictures of orbs
(excuse the costumes. It was a fancy dress party)
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9384/90182473xx6.png
I'm not sure what the purple swirl is but also in the picture I cant make out where the girl's head is behind it. Can you?
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/286/81479737fu9.png
Notice how it has a kind of blue halo around it. Weird (sorry for the mask XD)
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/971/81419558oz4.png
This one seems like its dancing with her.

My brother said when he was at his exes house there was an orb he saw go down the stairs and he also heard as if a ball was bouncing in the loft above him.
My friend told me the other day she saw an orb fly past her and that when the cat went past her it felt as if another "invisible" cat brushed her leg right after.
I've seen in my house these hanging crystals seem to always twist on their own and one time the fire place tools fell for no reason one time when I was watching TV.
And the other night I went to bed and I heard a rustling noise then it stopped, then about 5 Min's later it done it again. In the morning I woke up and went to go out my room and nearly tripped over my bin. It seems it was my bin that was making the noise. it had fallen over with no explanation.
Oh and I've had that sleep paralysis thingy a few times. My brother too.
Also I once felt my bed covers move. Like as if someone sat gently on the bed. My bf felt it too.
When I was young I tried doing a seance. Nothing happened.
I'm going to see a psychic on the 26th of April. I've never been before. ^_^
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:02 AM   #65
AngelikDemonik

I recently went to a supposed haunted police station here in MI. A median was there, and as soon as she seen me, she went on and on about how I have "the gift" and how the spirits in the station wanted to channel through me. I would also like to point out that she was drunk. I've been told by other medians and psychics that I "have the sign of the mystic" on my hands...but I don't buy into any of that.

Anyway, here are some pictures I took at that station. One of which, many people think they see a figure of a woman and glowing eyes (I think it's glare). And the other one has orbs, which could be easily written off as dust.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b6...k/ghost016.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b6...k/ghost007.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:05 AM   #66
Tea and Cake or Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oubliette
no, I wish, I want to believe so bad, but I'm a doubting Thomas .

Ghost is also my very favorite Poppy charcter. I long for her to write more horror. *sulk* (but that is beside the point)
1) Super cool name! Wish I had thought of it. 15 bonus "cool" points awarded to you... (The points work sort of like in Who's line is it anyway?)
2) I am the same way. However, I want to go to the Hell-Fire Caves!
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:12 AM   #67
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Oh, then nevermind. As for me, I can't believe in them. Every time they tell me there's something paranormal somewhere I go and nothing happens.
Every time someone tells me about a ghost related thing I find at least three completely normal and logical explanations for it, with at least one being incredibly probable.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:18 AM   #68
DeathToLems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy
Every time someone tells me about a ghost related thing I find at least three completely normal and logical explanations for it, with at least one being incredibly probable.
I think the same way. Everytime I hear a noise in my house I say "oh its just the floor bords creaking from it being old ..or somthing" "Thats just the TV/playstation etc cooling down" "Thats just the cat" *looks down at cat asleep next to me* "eek"
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote