Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 08-25-2007, 10:26 AM   #1
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
handicapped from birth without apparent reason

http://www.therossendalefreepress.co...tle_rosie.html

Alright, so now please don't call me inhumane or immoral or whatnot.
I was wondering if such severely handicapped people should get all that energy money and attention spent on them? Do they actually have a life, not being able to do ANYTHING, analyse, communicate....nothing. They are less than animals.
I think the money and energy people bestow into caring for hopelessly handicapped people should be spent on those that can really use the help to have a life. Better help people that are submereged in poverty, are victims of war or natural catastrophies, or haveing an illness that CAN be cured if only they had the money.
Why waste the resources on a hopless case? If you really care about these hadicapped people why let them live and suffer so much?
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:51 AM   #2
Underwater Ophelia

Well, the people who are spending the money WANT to, so I don't think it's a big deal.

Plus, her condition is a mystery, so of course doctors want to solve it. What's more, if her case is understood, it could help many others.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:32 PM   #3
the-broken-harlequin

I say we just kill all of the people that are dumber than a baby.
the-broken-harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 01:15 PM   #4
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-broken-harlequin
I say we just kill all of the people that are dumber than a baby.
You're so lame, Harlequin.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:18 PM   #5
Metabolik

I think it's a good thing that people help the handicapped, I think everyone deserves a chance at happyness...even if I never got the chance...
Old 08-25-2007, 02:53 PM   #6
Don't Look Behind You

How can they have a chance at happiness when they can hardly MOVE at all, nevermind think.

And, yes, so these people want to spend their money on the handicapped so let them.....well why don't they decide to do something good for the world and spend it on something usefull.

And I was not talking about money being spent on discovering the cause of the illness. An amount of money was given to the family to arrange their house so that they could take care of the kid...like building an ELEVATOR in their home. Now I say THAT money could have helped some hungering kids in africa or prisoners in places like Guantanamo.

Just an opinion.
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:15 PM   #7
Metabolik

Well...um...It seems I have no answer to that...so i'm just going to say...shut up...don't give me your logic boy...I am free from logic, but thats ok because logic is for fools...
Old 08-25-2007, 03:47 PM   #8
Porphyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Look Behind You
How can they have a chance at happiness when they can hardly MOVE at all, nevermind think.
The article never says she can't think. It just says she has trouble moving and communicating. She attends school, so it's safe to assume she isn't brain dead and has some cognitive function.

People often think that, just because a handicapped person doesn't live exactly like the rest of us, that person can't be happy. She's always been that way, so it's not like she knows she's missing something. What's so wrong with her parents doing everything they can to make sure her limited experience in the world is rewarding?
Porphyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:47 PM   #9
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:

And, yes, so these people want to spend their money on the handicapped so let them.....well why don't they decide to do something good for the world and spend it on something usefull.

And I was not talking about money being spent on discovering the cause of the illness. An amount of money was given to the family to arrange their house so that they could take care of the kid...like building an ELEVATOR in their home. Now I say THAT money could have helped some hungering kids in africa or prisoners in places like Guantanamo.

Just an opinion.
I'm not saying there are causes more worthy of money. I support people being free to use their money as they wish.

If Paris wants to spend her money to take a plane to laugh at the people who are starving, I don't agree with it at all, but her freedom to spend her money however she wants is very important.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:12 AM   #10
Don't Look Behind You

Well I doubt very much that if this child can't communicate, that she can think properly. Her thoughts possibly go only as far as "oh, bright light!" or "I am hungry" etc. She is totaly separated from humanity unable to realize any dreams or maybe to even have any, to analyse things, to have normal relationships..... If you call that happiness.....

Oh, and the fact that she doesn't KNOW any other way of living her life does not make her life worth living. I will again mention "Brave New World", where there is total ignorance and control of the population. And yet they are happy in their ignorance. But an outsider reading this is shocked and appaled. So since when is ignorance happiness?

Yeah sure lets all just be liberal and say so let people do whatever they want, spend their money however they want. They CAN do whatever they want, but what they want to do seems like a total waste to me.

And not only the parents spent money on it. Some fund organization gave them the money. THAT is what annoyed me most.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:24 PM   #11
Wormboy

Quote:
http://www.therossendalefreepress.co...tle_rosie.html

Alright, so now please don't call me inhumane or immoral or whatnot.
I was wondering if such severely handicapped people should get all that energy money and attention spent on them? Do they actually have a life, not being able to do ANYTHING, analyse, communicate....nothing. They are less than animals.
I think the money and energy people bestow into caring for hopelessly handicapped people should be spent on those that can really use the help to have a life. Better help people that are submereged in poverty, are victims of war or natural catastrophies, or haveing an illness that CAN be cured if only they had the money.
Why waste the resources on a hopless case? If you really care about these hadicapped people why let them live and suffer so much?
I fully and totally agree with you in every way

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote