Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 05-08-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
The Hanged Man

a disturbing new trend is emerging

i am more then worried affter looking around online and seeing a new trend is emerging the main feature of which is (so called gothic people) hating chavs.i have seen people on bebo and over sites setting up groups to go affter them e.t.c now as much as i dislike chavs my self. i would naver start a war up like some are doing becouse it gets out of control and innocent people get hurt.i know a lot of people are mad about what happened to sophie lancaster and i am one of them my self but to turn into the thing that you hate the most is ..... well ridiculous and ungoth like if you ask me.

at what point do you become the mainstream mindset?

at what point do you contradict your own views of society?

at what point do you take responsibility for your auctions?

is it when its all got out of hand and some one innocent gets killed becouse you feed the hate......

i believe we all have a responsibility to speak out against thoughs people but what are your thoughts about this??
The Hanged Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:05 PM   #2
KontanKarite

Jesus Christ, I hope English isn't your first language.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:22 PM   #3
The Hanged Man

KontanKarite is that all you can say??? your ignorance is out of order if you would of asked me why my post was so bad i would of told you am Highly dyslexic

i am sorry if it offends you so much but we all can not be as perfect as what you are.
The Hanged Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:39 PM   #4
Godslayer Jillian

Don't get all pissy. He just made one comment. As for the point of this thread, I wouldn't know about the trend.
However, I agree with you that it's fucking stupid. We had something similar in Mexico with everyone ganging up on emos to the point where there were days they would go to malls and beat the shit out of people with bangs.
People are idiots.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:02 PM   #5
Fae-wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hanged Man View Post
i am more then worried affter looking around online and seeing a new trend is emerging the main feature of which is (so called gothic people) hating chavs.i have seen people on bebo and over sites setting up groups to go affter them e.t.c now as much as i dislike chavs my self. i would naver start a war up like some are doing becouse it gets out of control and innocent people get hurt.i know a lot of people are mad about what happened to sophie lancaster and i am one of them my self but to turn into the thing that you hate the most is ..... well ridiculous and ungoth like if you ask me.

at what point do you become the mainstream mindset?

at what point do you contradict your own views of society?

at what point do you take responsibility for your auctions?

is it when its all got out of hand and some one innocent gets killed becouse you feed the hate......

i believe we all have a responsibility to speak out against thoughs people but what are your thoughts about this??

Chavs...in the UK right? Yeah, my friends told me they don't have the best reputation.
Fae-wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:24 PM   #6
Fae-wolf

I think they are the equivalent to the like the cholos and cholas here in LA with with the chicks wearing big hoop earings, over done make up, etc.

I thought they were just hated in the UK in general.

The reason my pal says they are not liked is because they tend to cause trouble
Fae-wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:36 PM   #7
Mir

No way. People are cool. Down wiv gawfs and emos bruv. Waaagwaaan.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:37 PM   #8
Duane

So much violence, man. Can't we all just get along?

Well, anyways, it's always been bad, it happens in every country eventually. I know, very obvious. Man, if this get's too bad, you think they'll seperate the emos from the rest of the population like they seperate rapists from the reszt of the prisoners in jail?
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:27 PM   #9
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Jillian is right, people are stupid. I see fights break out at an Angels/Twins games for pete's sake! A fight at a ball game, so ok, it's bound to happen, but the Twins? Come ON! Pick something worth fighting for crying out loud!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:31 PM   #10
JCC

Well, the thing is that people have completely misunderstood the concept of the term 'chav', though the concept is something that I don't like as it's a way of singling out the underprivileged working classes as scapegoats for something that's just bound to occur in people eventually. Basically, a 'chav' has to be antisocial, or they're not a 'chav', since that's the definition of a chav. Deciding that people are chavs based upon how they're dressed is somewhat anomalous.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:22 AM   #11
Porcelain

Ahh. Well, here in Melbourne the Muzzas are probably the most hated. By everyone, that is, who is not a muzza. Emo kids have pretty much died out and, oh, absolutely no one likes SCENE KIDS.
I must say that I resent these two mindless subcultures but honestly, the only time I bash muzzas is when they come at me with trolley poles.
Oh, and admittedly I've headbutted and kicked a few scene kids, in mosh pits. But not because they're scene kids....it just so happens that scene kids grab a hold of Kitty from MSI's drumstick. Or get in my way in general.
Porcelain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:45 AM   #12
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Oh Porcelain you're so fuckin' tuff, yeah?

It's the classic cycle of revenge, there's no discussion to be had.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:56 AM   #13
Porcelain

I'm tuff when I have to be.
And sometimes I have to be, especially when I have some stupid 'krew' trying to roll me. But if my 'tuffness' is an issue for you Sir Canvas Corpsey, should the situation arise again I shall just stand there and get the shit beat out of me.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:11 AM   #14
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I wasn't commenting on your bashing them so much as your gloating.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:34 AM   #15
Porcelain

It wasn't gloating, it was justification for something discussed in the thread, per se, violence between subcultures.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:12 AM   #16
Sir Canvas Corpsey

The tone of your post says otherwise. Either you're lying or you need to reconsider the way you employ the English language as to avoid further confusion.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:16 AM   #17
Porcelain

It seems like many people around here have their own way of "employing the English language" which is the right way, and if anyone does it differently they arer subsequently attacked and argued with.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:55 AM   #18
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcelain View Post
Oh, and admittedly I've headbutted and kicked a few scene kids, in mosh pits. But not because they're scene kids....it just so happens that scene kids grab a hold of Kitty from MSI's drumstick. Or get in my way in general.

Are you fucking serious? You actually hurt someone over... a fucking drumstick of a shitty shitty band? They also got in your way? So asking them politely to move aside would have been much harder than kicking or headbutting someone?

You're lucky. I'm willing to bet you virtually sucker punched them basically.

This kind of behavior...

Old 05-09-2009, 08:17 AM   #19
Man In Room 5

Quote:
There's so much fail in this statement that it should probably be itemized.

-5 points for liking MSI.
-5 points for attending an MSI concert (minus only 3 if someone else paid).
-5 points for wanting any piece of equipment they touched or used to make their shitty music.
-5 points for using violence to acquire said piece of equipment.

You realize of course that somewhere right now there is another scene kid who also thinks he's goth bitching like, "That fucking scene cunt fucking punched me for a fucking drumstick! I fucking hate scene kids."

Last edited by Man In Room 5; 05-09-2009 at 08:18 AM. Reason: typo
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:34 PM   #20
Catch

Goths have always had problems with working class. In fact, I've seen people get taken down fast and dismissed from the whole Goth scene because they were no longer cool and popular. Even people making more money were targeted as poseurs.

That is the fun of Goth. Everyone knit-pics at each other. Then they get more support from other people and form their own clique. Someone should probably point out that the whole activity is lame, but it is a lot of fun for most people.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:49 PM   #21
Solumina

Catch shut up, you're not a part of the subculture so stop pretending like you have any idea what you're talking about.

Personally the only widespread dislike that I have seen is that of preps (pretty much goes back to people deciding to become gawf because they don't fit in to normal society) and those who seem proud of their own ignorance.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:12 PM   #22
Still Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
Jillian is right, people are stupid. I see fights break out at an Angels/Twins games for pete's sake! A fight at a ball game, so ok, it's bound to happen, but the Twins? Come ON! Pick something worth fighting for crying out loud!
This of course brings up the eternal question. "what's even worth fighting for?"
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:19 AM   #23
Porcelain

I don't recall EVER saying I was part of the gothic subculture, trying to be part of the gothic subculture, wanting to be part of the gothic subculture, or any other subculture.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:17 AM   #24
SiouxsiePernova

I would never start a fight with someone over something as petty as an imagined subcultural affiliation.
SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:43 PM   #25
KontanKarite

Quote:
I don't recall EVER saying I was part of the gothic subculture, trying to be part of the gothic subculture, wanting to be part of the gothic subculture, or any other subculture.
Nah, being a goth would be much better than some asshole cunt at an MSI show who likes to use violence to get her way.

It's rare to find female knuckle draggers, but you take the cake, toots.