Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 10-23-2005, 12:02 PM   #1
ThwanCondu

National Novel Writing Month (Nanowrimo)

Is anyone else doing nanowrimo (nanowrimo.org) this year? Or has anyone done it before? Just a few days left till november! The anticipation is killing me. My character development has gone insane. I've given everyone an extensive background. Especially minor characters. It better pay off.
ThwanCondu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 11:29 PM   #2
Juliet Bathory

Good luck with your story. I'm not doing it like everyone else, but I am using it's philosophy to get my novel moving again. 50,000 words in 30 days is around 1700 words a day. Not impossible when youlook at it like that.

Best of luck and please let us know how you go!

Jules
Juliet Bathory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 12:51 PM   #3
ThwanCondu

That's how I tried last year, doing it with a daily count. I ended up skipping days and it built up like fuck toward the end. But I finished it time, cause I rock! What's your novel about?
Old 11-01-2005, 09:57 AM   #4
polished_wolf_claws

I think this year is outta the question.... but I believe I could do something next year with this novel writting thing...... I'm only getting my own computer about the tenth of this month......

Good luck though.

"Teh Lordz Satan Protektz me frm ebil in mah PANTS!!!!!11111"
polished_wolf_claws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 06:13 PM   #5
ThwanCondu

I'm very dissapointed in so few of you guys doing nanowrimo! Feel ashamed! Get down on your hands and knees and pleasure me!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2005, 08:28 PM   #6
Juliet Bathory

Vampires of course ThwanCondu. As per our Anne Rice debate, I felt that I must put my money where my mouth is (I guess that counts me out for that on my knees and pleasure you bit lol) and write one of my own. I've been working on it now for nearly five years. Alas I haven't been working on my word count as much as I would like, but I hope to put up some big numbers soon.
Juliet Bathory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 10:01 PM   #7
ThwanCondu

hope there's lots of dead sex in your novel
Old 06-25-2020, 06:05 PM   #8
TrivialMorose

I had heard of national novel writing month, but I never knew there was a website... I glanced at it and am immediately both intrigued and intimidated by it. Could a chaotic loser like me keep up with a rigid schedule kind of thingy? The signup button mocks me. Do I dare? Quite a long time until November, will I even be alive then?

Scary stuff.
TrivialMorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 10:28 AM   #9
TrivialMorose

Okay, so, today I joined the Nanowrimo website and looked around a bit... Still can't get the taste of vomit out of my mouth... Ugh, that site is so not for me. I wish GNet wasn't dead. Woe. I think I'll just stop trying...
TrivialMorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 04:50 AM   #10
Geoluhread

Failing miserably with Nanowrimo... I'm about 5k words in and it's more than half-way through the month.

About a week in I got another idea for a book/story but I have zero preparation and now I'm more excited about the second one than the one I started with.
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote