Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 04:59 AM   #6326
Geoluhread

I don't want to take it off... When it's time, it's time... I had a tooth taken out 3 years ago and it still hasn't fully grown, it's half a tooth... I don't want to risk doing the same to my last one since it shows when i smile...And my dentist doesn't recommend taking it out either... So i'm enjoying shocking people by saying that i still have a baby tooth =P
Old 08-13-2008, 05:26 AM   #6327
LiUsAiDh

Isn't the one below it growing though; because you may have something wrong with it? Is attention seeking enough of a drive to keep such a thing; I mean it pangs a little of 'Look at me, I have back pain!'

My back teeth are growing one horizontally, one outwards, and one has stopped growing totally, but hell, I'm not gonna keep them to brag about!

Btw, my teeth are cooler than your teeth >_>

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
Old 08-13-2008, 05:43 AM   #6328
Underwater Ophelia

I have pretty nice teeth.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:44 AM   #6329
Geoluhread

I'm not keeping it to brag...
The tooth below it isn't growing...

My teeth are way cooler than yours... I don't think you have natural looking vampire teeth, or at least one side, the other tooth happens to be my last baby tooth..
Old 08-13-2008, 09:50 AM   #6330
Solumina

All this talk of teeth reminds me of a something that my lovable but clueless friend said. The following conversation took place at a lunch table shortly after I got my braces taken off:
Me: It is so nice to have those damn things off my teeth and eat corn on the cob.
Britt: Why did you even have them? Your teeth are perfect.
Me:...
Britt:...
Me:...
Britt: Oh, I'm an idiot

Good times
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-13-2008, 10:02 AM   #6331
Tam Li Hua

Splintered: I completely agree with Solumina. To add to that, I fought medication for a long time myself; I've always had -very- extreme emotions. Eventually, however, I got tired of feeling like my emotions were controlling me instead of the other way around. I went to a regular doctor, and he recommended Paxil. I started taking it this past April, and I'm -really- glad I did. I feel more in control. I still feel happy, sad, angry etc., but the sadness and anger aren't uncontrollable, downward spirals of doom any more.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:09 PM   #6332
Duane

I have really nice teeth... I just don't take care of them as well I should.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:27 PM   #6333
Delkaetre

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/au...civilliberties
This must not pass.
For those of you not willing to use the above links, here's a rough breakdown-
"Local councils, health authorities and hundreds of other public bodies are to be given the power to access details of everyone's personal text, emails and internet use under Home Office proposals published yesterday.
Ministers want to make it mandatory for telephone and internet companies to keep details of all personal internet traffic for at least 12 months so it can be accessed for investigations into crime or other threats to public safety...The government has already indicated that it intends to... introduce a draft communications bill which would require all the telecommunications companies to hand over this data to one central "super" database so that the police and other public authorities will be able to access it directly without having to make a request"
We must stop them. These things they plan, they won't happen to strangers. They will happen to YOU. Do not for a moment dare to delude yourself that this will be used only for good, for such a measure cannot be used only for good. It will be YOU that they watch. Yes, they'll watch others as well. But you live here, you communicate with others, therefore you're going to be watched.
They lose data all the time. Imagine if they lost every word you'd spoken in the last year? Every email and text you'd sent, every word you'd spoken? Imagine if they felt that an idle criticism of the government's view on refugees and immigrants merited a full investigation of you? Imagine if they were suspicious of a friend of yours with a vaguely Middle-Eastern name? These things and more will come to pass if you let this happen.
I am not scare mongering. That would mean that I felt the fear to be somehow false, something that needed to be overstated. No, instead I feel that I have barely managed to put to words the vaguest approximation of the unholy fear and hatred that this proposal stirs within me.
Furthermore, I wish to remind you that this is the government that brought in a 42 day detention without charge or trial for anyone remotely suspected of terrorism.
We are in Britain, not Airstrip One. We are in the Britain of flesh and blood, not the paper and ink of V for Vendetta.
This must not pass.

(yes, I am aware that Kontan linked this article in Politics. But I need to rant/speak about it as much as possible anyway)
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 08-13-2008, 05:44 PM   #6334
Saya

I think I get suckered into relationships too easily. I crave affection too much and am so happy when someone gives it to me, and I feel that because they give me affection they must like me.

I got involved with a guy, tried my best to be distant, I'm not quite over past hurts and didn't want to rush into something else, but ended up getting attatched anyway. So we weren't going steady but things were going good. Anyway, his ex was coming into town and it was previously arranged that she'd stay at his house, and I didn't get upset with him at all, I'm not sure as a not-a-girlfriend what I can get upset with and what I can't, and besides I know lots of people who remain friends with their exes. So I tried not to think of it.

So he has this friend who didn't know we were going out, and was like "Would you like to go see Wanted with Kurt and his girlfriend?" "I thought she was his ex?" I asked. "Nah, he was upset with her recently but he loves her too much to break up with her." Needless to say I was wicked pissed at him.

So he explains that he was going to tell me the next time I went over, and I'm not the other woman or anything because basically they are in a "open relationship". They both consider themselves single.

I kinda forgave him I guess after that, after all she lives in a different town, so I thought I'd have him all to myself all summer. Anyway, he decided to go home for a month (home for him is four hours way), and he's with her all the time now. A lot of times when I talk to him on MSN its always "Gotta go, Serena's here." or "Just got back from Serena's." I wanna talk to him about us, but like I said, I'm not his girlfriend or anything so I'm afraid to come off obsessive or something. I really meant it when I told him I didn't want a serious relationship but that doesn't mean he means nothing to me, you know?

I came close to talking to him about it, he was saying how he hates being in a open relationship with her because going day to day he doesn't know how she feels about him. I just said "Well thats what I feel about you." and all he said was "Well thats not good." I didn't push him after that because I'm not sure what I want to say and am afraid of being misunderstood.

And I dunno what I should do when he gets back, do we act like nothing happened? Or does he wanna go out again? I don't wanna compete with someone else, though.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:11 AM   #6335
Strīcan

I desperately need tips for making me wake up in the morning, as the motivation to do my responsibilities as a college student and my cell's alarm, equipped with an annoying ringtone, both hugely fail to make me do it.

I'm sorry Saya for seemingly ignoring you and talking about myself instead. I really don't know what to say to you regarding your situation, but I hope you can solve that issue soon.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:16 AM   #6336
Saya

Its fine dude, usually when I rant I don't expect an answer, I'd kinda figure any answer would be "screw him" anyway ^_^ Just needed to say it, you know?

I have the same problem with waking up. Generally if I go to bed early I'll wake up early. Otherwise all I can do is keep the alarm clock far away from me, I tend to turn off in my sleep.

There's this alarm clock I saw where when the alarm goes off, a little car will shoot out from it and wheel around randomly, and the alarm won't turn off until you catch the car and put it back on the alarm clock. There's another like that except it shoots a helicopter XD I haven't bought it but I think its an awesome idea.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:47 AM   #6337
Strīcan

Mmhm, everyone needs a good old vent, I understand.

Hahaha, the alarm clock sounds awesome to me too, except for the fact that I live with a roommate (which I forgot to mention previously, my bad) who'll hate me for waking her and not myself every morning.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:54 AM   #6338
Saya

Thats why when my alarm goes off I rush to it so as to not disturb my roommate. More panic.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:16 AM   #6339
Strīcan

I'm similar to you in that manner. After that, though, comes the part where I feel very pissed because I wake up so suddenly, and have to make that up by sleeping 'a little bit more'.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:18 AM   #6340
Saya

I know what you mean XD and then I'm mad at myself after for sleeping in. And I told myself I'd go to bed early tonight but now its nearly morning!
Old 08-14-2008, 02:01 AM   #6341
Strīcan

Ha, once upon a time, I made a 'resolution' of not sleeping at all when I hadn't slept by two and got classes the next morning. It was idiotic, but it worked for a few weeks.

I hope for your own sake you read this after you wake up, though.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:03 AM   #6342
Saya

Read it before I went to bed
Old 08-14-2008, 03:21 AM   #6343
LiUsAiDh

I feel shitty, I got one mark off a B in my maths A level thingy I did early. Which sucks. V_V; I mean, getting a C is bad enough, but 1 mark off, how can I be one mark off. Ech, maybe I can appeal it. Hopefully the GCSE's will be better... Well they better bloody had be

*sigh*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
Old 08-14-2008, 03:26 AM   #6344
Saya

Some teachers would appeal to stuff like that if you were over all a good student. In grade nine I cried because on my midterm report card because I got a 49 in French. 49! Wouldn't give me the one mark I needed for a passing grade. It was the first time I got an F. I had a panic attack on the bus ride home because I thought mom was going to flip.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:29 AM   #6345
LiUsAiDh

Yeah, I generally get A*'s so it was a bit of a shock And my teacher had the fucking nerve to say it was 'encouraging' for when I can do another maths A level thing at the intended time. Getting one mark off is not encouraging.... it's awful. Ech, I'll ask her to appeal it.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:12 AM   #6346
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Sometimes I wonder if i'm meant to be alone all my life... this incredibly over dramatic and teen angsty I know, but I just feel like shit now, why are we allowed to develop an attraction for people who we know are eventually and unintentionally going to crush us?
Old 08-14-2008, 08:43 PM   #6347
MollyMac

OK, about the phone. It's been a long week. A really long week, and I am not in my best frame of mind. Too much stupid in too short of a time span. (Family, a friend situation, work drama). A lot of actual issues- and I can work with those. Real problems have real solutions if you blur your eyes enough. But there was a lot of bullshit and a lot of self-created drama has been fucking with my calm- things that have no solutions because the llamas want not resolution but continuance.

No. I am fucking done with it.

At any rate, yesterday, after a rough day at work I ducked out a little early to drive a back road and clear my head before Yoga class. I get a call.

Like a fucking idiot, I answer the phone.

Ghost of Christmas fucking past, I swear to you. Left field emu attack, no explanation. But a voice I had not heard in a while, just e-mail contact. Needing a ride. They were strung out on something, and not just a little pot or a beer. The scary shit that killed my brother.

I have no tolerance for this. None for the scary shit. None for the receational activities that impede the well being of others. Pot? Beer? Sure- but know your own limits and responsibilities. It's all just not for me.

OK, I'll take a beer, but you know what I mean. Tend your own sheep, don't let them wander into my garden.

So, it was the scary shit. Needing me to help them get more scary shit. Yes. I was called to go on a meth run.

Uh.

No.

Then they said the magic phrase- "You stopped being fun when you stopped partying."

The phone paid for that sin and transgression. Slammed it to the ground, and then it was a combination foot stomp (three jumps and I did not roll my feet) and Jig style grind foot-work on the asphalt at work. Looked down and said "Well... fuck. Now they think I'm mad at them."

What the fuck was that?!?!? You are one meth head lighter. I used to drink a lot, and I stopped for a long time to see if I had a problem. Stopping didn't phase me at all, but it sure as fuck seemed to bother a lot of my friends. I think some people use others to excuse and allow their addictions, enabling a comfort. My Diet Sprite was threatening to their calm. And so I wasn;t invited out as much, and slowly I found new friends who liked me when I was sober and not just a chipper drunk (a tall order. I'm not that likeable in the real world.)

But it was a reminder that I allowed myself to be put into unhealthy situations for no apparent reason, and it reminded me that I didn't have many real friends until rather recently. Funny what shelling off insecurity does for you. You couldn't pay me to be a cute 20 year old again.

Then I went to Yoga.

Then I went to Best Buy, phone in pieces in hand. The lady at the door took one look at me, one at the technological carnage in my hand, and came over... "Oh, Honey...." and... she... hugged... me....

God as my witness, I did not know what to do. But she led me to the phones and the gal that helped me was awesome. Joked about my antique of an old phone... "No camera... no e-mail... wow... This is what we used to talk on..."

But after the rebates, phone plan continuance and a pity-waiving of a lot of fees, I have a new awesome PDA/phone that I paid about seven dollars for, but that I am too dumb to use effectively. It has a touch screen. Nipples work on it.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:53 PM   #6348
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Molly...even when you rant, you are so fucking awesome.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:46 AM   #6349
Solumina

I love Jake but sometimes I really just want to punch him in the head. We are college students and neither of us has a ton of money (sure my family has money if I need something but my parents spent 18 years making sure that I knew how to live within my means so I'm not about to buy stuff that my mother would have to pay for unless I don't have the money for something essential like food or rent) but he just can't seem to get that we need to pay attention to our budget. He wants to save money for some up coming events and since I was better at math I did a rough estimate of what percentage of his paycheck should go to fun, needed purchases, and savings and did the same for myself. The problem is that he keeps "needing" stuff. A month ago he bough a desktop, which he didn't have the money for so he used a credit card (after necessary spending he has about $300 left per month so the $700 desktop is going to take a bit to pay off). Now he has decided that we need some more storage in our apartment and he bought $95 worth of furniture that we "needed." As I mentioned we are college students, we have one of the most fully furnished apartments that I have ever been in (given it doesn't all match but the point is we aren't doing too bad. Before he went out and got these things we already had four bookcases, a desk with some shelving, a tv stand with built in shelving and storage, and two storage trunks and that is just the living room, we aren't exactly wanting for places to put stuff, we just need to go through what we have and get rid of stuff that we don't need (and most of the unwanted stuff has ended up in the living room) but that he hasn't had the time to take to the thrift store (I say he because he said that he would do it but I have told him that it would be taken care of by Monday whether he did it or not) so it has just been sitting there. I do like the two units and eventually I would have really liked to get them but in my mind when you have money on your credit card that is really where any extra money should go, not to mention that he still wants to save up money. On top of the large stuff he is constantly spending small sums of money that are adding up. A big part of the problem is his job, he essentially works campus security and gets to wander around as long as he doesn't go out of range of the radios and frequently he will wander off to get some food and something to drink which would be fine if it was every now and then but prepared food always costs more than making it yourself and when you factor in the fact that I could make food for him (and I nearly always offer to make extra when I fix dinner so that he can take it with him to eat later) for about $1.00 instead of the $8.50 that his meals cost that adds up to over $35 every two weeks.

I just worry about what will happen when he is done with school and his parents are no longer there to help him out with bills. Not to mention that I don't want to live in an apartment for a long time, once I'm out I want a house, nothing big or fancy, just something in a safe neighborhood but I don't know if he will be financially stable enough for us to buy a place. He will be graduating at the end of this year and I will still have another year left so his plan is to get a higher paying, if less rewarding, job in that year and save up money. Hopefully I will be able to get a corp job in human resources when I get out (shouldn't be too hard considering my course of studies as well as the job market in the area), I will also be getting a substantial amount of starter money from a fund that my parents set up a long time ago. So if everything goes according to plan getting a two bedroom house in a nice area should be easily doable, but if Jake keeps buying things that we don't need, with money that we don't really have, then the whole plan comes cashing down.

Maybe I'm just freaking out because this is his last year before leaving school. It just makes everything seem so much more eminent and I keep being unable to think of what consequences of everything that we do will have on our future.

Oh well, at least he packed his meal for tonight, and I honestly can't think of anything that our apartment needs (other than some sew weatherstripping but maintenance is scheduled to take care of that) I suppose that I can stop freaking out and just keep trying to teach him how to save money (you know you would think that the person who grew up rather underprivileged would be the one who could pass on things that he didn't need, not the little princess who never wanted for anything, then again I suppose there is a reason why my parents were so well off and I was lucky enough for their habits to rub off on me)

~wow did not think my post was nearly so long, least I feel better now~
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-15-2008, 07:07 AM   #6350
LiUsAiDh

My ankle is in agony for no reason, I havn't even walked quickly today ffs.

There I was, putting the mangetout back into the fridge, and wham, fuck! So I'm hopping around the house between the computer and the first aid cupboard at the mo, and if anyone's got any advice on what to do with it, other than strapping (none in the cupboard - typical) or what could be wrong with it, that would be great. :S

Closed Thread