Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 06-04-2007, 11:15 AM   #1
Mrs_Valo

theres nothing to do....

Im seriously bored lol..all i do is stay in the house all day because there's nothing to do. my mom told me to get another job since i only work a couple days a week but i dont want to. what do u do for fun..? i hate being out during the day it feels weird...but i cant say home on the computer all day....theres seriously nothing to do..
Mrs_Valo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:21 AM   #2
deafasadoornail

How old are you? I had one summer where I worked 3 jobs and still had a LOT of downtime. More jobs will give you more money to find fun with.

Do you have friends to hang out with? Maybe you could pick up a new hobby. Go to the library -- many of them have an online hold system, so you can reserve books on whatever topic you might like. It only costs 25 cents per book to do that at my library. You could also volunteer at the animal shelter. They usually need someone to walk dogs.
deafasadoornail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:25 AM   #3
Mrs_Valo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deafasadoornail
How old are you? I had one summer where I worked 3 jobs and still had a LOT of downtime. More jobs will give you more money to find fun with.

Do you have friends to hang out with? Maybe you could pick up a new hobby. Go to the library -- many of them have an online hold system, so you can reserve books on whatever topic you might like. It only costs 25 cents per book to do that at my library. You could also volunteer at the animal shelter. They usually need someone to walk dogs.
im 19.

the animal shelter sounds like so much fun, but i'd rather work with cats. dogs make me cry lol

i never thought about the library, i might go =D
Mrs_Valo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:19 PM   #4
deafasadoornail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Valo
im 19.

the animal shelter sounds like so much fun, but i'd rather work with cats. dogs make me cry lol

i never thought about the library, i might go =D
Our library is awesome; they also have DVDs, CDs, and all kinds of anime/manga. If you don't find something you like, they can usually get it for you.

I'm pretty sure the animal shelter also needs people to help with the cats, rabbits and other small animals, but I'm not sure what they do -- I just put walking dogs because that's what I did.
deafasadoornail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:00 PM   #5
LiUsAiDh

Why not go for walks in the mountains or something, if there are any near, thats what I do when I'm bored....

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:13 PM   #6
biohazard

The idea of reading does not sound bad, it could kill your free time while doing something productive. Reading at your library could prove to be more interesting than you think. You could also try video games, if you have ever had interest in them.
biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:17 PM   #7
mindless1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Valo
Im seriously bored lol..all i do is stay in the house all day because there's nothing to do. my mom told me to get another job since i only work a couple days a week but i dont want to. what do u do for fun..? i hate being out during the day it feels weird...but i cant say home on the computer all day....theres seriously nothing to do..

I know how you feel. for me, it is that I have the urge to do so much but my own limitations keep me from going out and doing them. Maybe you should get a journal, a regular paperback journal and write in it- i know this helps me when I feel bored, you can get things out on paper much more easily, write poetry, lyrics, and maybe even attempt at fiction! I also get bored easily but I contribute it to my lazy habits.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:26 PM   #8
LoVe

Read, draw, write, paint, check out new bands (online or at a local music store), walk, go to an art supply store and find some thing you have never tried before and start it with out hesitation. I am never bored.
LoVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:33 PM   #9
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I think you should learn how to use proper grammar and spell correctly before you type shit like you just did.

That would be a good start of things you should do.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:42 PM   #10
LoVe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying_Crimson_Tears
I think you should learn how to use proper grammar and spell correctly before you type shit like you just did.

That would be a good start of things you should do.

Who, me? Sorry. Still I am never bored........ Oh well never claimed to be the brightest. Maybe that is why I am never bored.
LoVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:47 PM   #11
Methadrine

get a cheap digital camera and go out for really long walks and snap a photo of everything you find interesting. It's fun, and exercising at the same time.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote